The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Franchise - Page 86 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 02-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #851
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
I honestly dont understand all this. I havent seen TC3D, nor do I want to but for people who hate it so much I just dont understand why they keep repeating the same statements over and over. I mean I really despise TNG but I dont make 3/4 of my posts here rants about my hatred for it. I think we need to just let it go. Most people here hate it while some of the youngsters who havent seen many or any of the originals seem to like it. Cant we just leave it at that?
Thank God you weren't around during the H2 thread days. You would've had a mental breakdown by now.

It's a message board. You have to expect that people are going to discuss and debate films, whether it's positive or negative, and yes sometimes these debates go on and on and on.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #852
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Ultimately, though, I think the one thing people who hate a certain product don't realize is that by constantly commenting on it, even if it's negative, it's going to draw more attention to it, & in turn, make it more known, whereas if you say your peace & move on, it's more likely to just go away.

It's kind of like with the original TCM, it was ripped to shreds by critics initially, as well as the Friday the 13th movies when they first came out, & all it did was cause more people to check it out, & in turn made the movies even more popular.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #853
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myerszilla View Post
Ultimately, though, I think the one thing people who hate a certain product don't realize is that by constantly commenting on it, even if it's negative, it's going to draw more attention to it, & in turn, make it more known, whereas if you say your peace & move on, it's more likely to just go away.

It's kind of like with the original TCM, it was ripped to shreds by critics initially, as well as the Friday the 13th movies when they first came out, & all it did was cause more people to check it out, & in turn made the movies even more popular.
that's true

Dare I say more about TCM3D? Its so fucking bad I almost recommend people to see it just to believe it.

Whatever. haha. This too shall pass.

1. The Ocean - Bathyalpelagic I: Impasses
2. The Knife - Full of Fire
3. The Drones - Why Write a Letter That You'll Never Send
4. Death Grips - Spread Eagle Cross the Block
5. Giant Giant - The House, the Street, the Room
6. Bob Dylan - Most of the Time
7. Johnny Greenwood - Oil
8. Mos Def & Talib Kweli - Definition
9. Janelle Monae - Q.U.E.E.N.
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:30 AM   #854
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

The Next Generation is playing on TV. Never seen it and now I know why. What a pile of shit. So Leatherface is some drag queen in what looks like a really bad paper mache mask.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #855
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Yeah, I saw a few clips on this one video titled "Worst Horror Movie Characters" on Youtube or some shit like that, & Leatherface from TNG came in at number 3. I couldn't imagine watching the whole movie & sitting through all that fucking screaming & the horrendous performance in general.

And Rev, I think that what I said only applies to movies that genuinely push the bar (like the original did). If it's shit like TCM 3D, people will understand the hate & skip it, so it doesn't matter if you continue to bash it or not, people will still avoid it. haha
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #856
mikeym1979
Fresh Kill

mikeym1979 is feeling kiddish.

TNG wasn't just bad, but it was tedious and just fucking dull. I sat through the entire thing. It was so bad. I try to even forget it's part of the franchise.

3D was oscar worthy in contrast
Old 02-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #857
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

I doubt I'll ever seen TNG in it's entirety, unless I just say fuck it & add it to the collection, which is something I'm highly doubtful will happen.

I absolutely hate the look of Leatherface in this. Easily the worst design he's ever been given.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #858
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Quote:
I doubt I'll ever seen TNG in it's entirety, unless I just say fuck it & add it to the collection, which is something I'm highly doubtful will happen.
I wouldn't buy it even if it was in a dollar bin.

If someone gave it to me, I'd throw it away.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #859
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

That's how I feel. I just can't bring myself to want to watch it. I'll still agree TCM 3D was bad, but Jesus....TNG can literally classify as one of the top 3 worst movies of all time.

On a side note, though, I never thought I'd be saying this but I love TCM 2. After revisiting it, & watching it a couple times, there's just too much I've found that's lovable about this movie for me to ever condemn it again. I also like part 3, even though it's a more by the numbers type of movie.

Parts 2 & 3 may not be better than the original, or the greatest slasher movies ever, but they are far better than TNG. I'd gladly watch either of them before torturing myself with TNG.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #860
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
That's how I feel. I just can't bring myself to want to watch it. I'll still agree TCM 3D was bad, but Jesus....TNG can literally classify as one of the top 3 worst movies of all time.

On a side note, though, I never thought I'd be saying this but I love TCM 2. After revisiting it, & watching it a couple times, there's just too much I've found that's lovable about this movie for me to ever condemn it again. I also like part 3, even though it's a more by the numbers type of movie.

Parts 2 & 3 may not be better than the original, or the greatest slasher movies ever, but they are far better than TNG. I'd gladly watch either of them before torturing myself with TNG.
TNG is not one of the 3 worst movies ever made.

1. The Ocean - Bathyalpelagic I: Impasses
2. The Knife - Full of Fire
3. The Drones - Why Write a Letter That You'll Never Send
4. Death Grips - Spread Eagle Cross the Block
5. Giant Giant - The House, the Street, the Room
6. Bob Dylan - Most of the Time
7. Johnny Greenwood - Oil
8. Mos Def & Talib Kweli - Definition
9. Janelle Monae - Q.U.E.E.N.
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote