The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Franchise - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 01-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #11
Wheelz
Not Dead Yet

Wheelz has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Wheelz Send a message via Yahoo to Wheelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Room 237 View Post
it took guts to bash TCM in a new thread
This is excatly what I thought when I read the the opening message. I thought 'What the fuck is wrong with you?' When you put in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre film. YOU WANT TO SEE LIMBS FLYING, FREAKS YELLING, AND CHAINSAW'S BEING ROCKED ABOVE HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't like it don't watch it. Also the guy above me was right. There was 1,2,3. The remake and the prequel. That's only 4 movies and a remake. Learn your shit before you bash it dumbass. LONG LIVE LEATHERFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be Watching you
Wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:10 PM   #12
Count Dragula
I Eat Brains!

Count Dragula has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Count Dragula Send a message via MSN to Count Dragula

Retitled and moved to franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Room 237 View Post
it took guts to bash TCM in a new thread
No just foolish ignorance. I kid.

The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is arguably the greatest horror movie of all time, I found the second to be cheesy fun albeit a bit slow at times. But of course no need to argue and debate the original films greatness, it's just a fact. And yeah, i'd agree three and four both suck.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:38 PM   #13
Hilti De-walt
BANNED

Hilti De-walt has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live or die View Post
Don't you think the old texas chainsaw massacre films sucked bad? You know, texas chainsaw massacre 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: The Next Generation. The Next Generation my @$$! It was exactly the same as the others. All of these films were the same except the second one. And on the first one, you would be looking at a girl screaming for like, ten minutes!

Do you all agree? All of the texas chainsaw massacre films suck!

(Except for the two newest ones)
The only thing I would agree with is if some one said you were a complete moron with shit taste.

TCM 74 is one of the greatest all time horrors. While 2 is just really a goofy sequel its fun as hell and amusing to watch.

TCM: NG is pretty good the rest I havent seen.

I will always remember every time I see a post by you that you have some of the shittiest taste most likley on these boards.
Hilti De-walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #14
Chainsaw Suicide
Send... More... Paramedics

Chainsaw Suicide has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Chainsaw Suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelz View Post
This is excatly what I thought when I read the the opening message. I thought 'What the fuck is wrong with you?' When you put in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre film. YOU WANT TO SEE LIMBS FLYING, FREAKS YELLING, AND CHAINSAW'S BEING ROCKED ABOVE HEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't like it don't watch it. Also the guy above me was right. There was 1,2,3. The remake and the prequel. That's only 4 movies and a remake. Learn your shit before you bash it dumbass. LONG LIVE LEATHERFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
actually, there was 1,2,3, the Next Generation aka Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the Remake, and the prequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_01976 View Post
I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.
Chainsaw Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #15
Wheelz
Not Dead Yet

Wheelz has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw Suicide View Post
actually, there was 1,2,3, the Next Generation aka Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the Remake, and the prequel.
Well I missed, that one...Did it suck? (Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

I'll be Watching you
Old 01-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #16
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Original: I don't like it, it's boring and slow-paced. Nothing good really happens except the crippled guy makes me laugh. I understand it's place in horror history, but don't like it.

Part 2:
I like it and then I don't. It's one of those movies where I have to be ready for it or I won't enjoy it.

Part 3: My second favorite one in the series. I love every character, all the scenes, and watch it often.

Part 4: Shit.

Remake: I liked it more than the original from the first viewing on up to my most recent viewing of it. The characters are more entertaining and easier to get along with. I can see why people hate it also.

Prequel: My favorite one in the series. It toppled Part 3 for favorite in just one viewing. Hoyt is great. The rest of the characters are pretty much like the remake's characters just even easier to like. I am eagerly waiting for the DVD.

TCM is not known for it's story or character development, really, just it's terror. I'm sure some, if not all, people will argue with what I've said.
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:55 PM   #17
SlightlyDemented
The Living Dead

SlightlyDemented is waiting for you to invite him in.

I have a feeling you won't last long on these boards, live or die.
Lethal Weapon - 8/10
The Vanishing '88 - 8.5/10
The Masque of the Red Death - 6.5/10
SlightlyDemented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 05:56 PM   #18
tetsuo_ironman
Fresh Kill

tetsuo_ironman has no status.

Send a message via MSN to tetsuo_ironman

the first was a good horror film (a bit over rated at times). it should not have been a franchise though. i hated all the sequals (especially tng). the remake was descent. have not seen the prequal.
tetsuo_ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #19
SaoCole
Rotting Corpse

SaoCole is n't

Quote:
Originally Posted by live or die View Post
Don't you think the old texas chainsaw massacre films sucked bad? You know, texas chainsaw massacre 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: The Next Generation. The Next Generation my @$$! It was exactly the same as the others. All of these films were the same except the second one. And on the first one, you would be looking at a girl screaming for like, ten minutes!

Do you all agree? All of the texas chainsaw massacre films suck!

(Except for the two newest ones)
I hope you swallow a knife on accident.
Heck, Id be satisfied if it were on purpose.
SaoCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #20
Wheelz
Not Dead Yet

Wheelz has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
Original: I don't like it, it's boring and slow-paced. Nothing good really happens except the crippled guy makes me laugh. I understand it's place in horror history, but don't like it.

Part 2:
I like it and then I don't. It's one of those movies where I have to be ready for it or I won't enjoy it.

Part 3: My second favorite one in the series. I love every character, all the scenes, and watch it often.

Part 4: Shit.

Remake: I liked it more than the original from the first viewing on up to my most recent viewing of it. The characters are more entertaining and easier to get along with. I can see why people hate it also.

Prequel: My favorite one in the series. It toppled Part 3 for favorite in just one viewing. Hoyt is great. The rest of the characters are pretty much like the remake's characters just even easier to like. I am eagerly waiting for the DVD.

TCM is not known for it's story or character development, really, just it's terror. I'm sure some, if not all, people will argue with what I've said.
Actually, I'm not going to argue it. Do you know why? Because you understand and respect that it has a place in horror history. You don't like it but you respect it. And because of that no one should argue your points. Now Live or Die. Saying they suck and you don't understand why anyone likes them. Your asking for a chainsaw to the leg

I'll be Watching you