Bloody Moon - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 01-13-2007, 05:52 PM   #21
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinidadpr87 View Post
1)You put the dvd into the burner
2)You rip it to the hd with a ripping program (Don't worry there are free ones)
3)Burn the files from your hd to the dvd with a burning program (again there are free ones)

Complicated:If a dvd is over 4.35GB which cannot fit on a regular dvdr you'll have to:

Shrink or compress using the program you want.You can get dvdshrink for free which does the trick and is very easy to use.

If you do get a burner i will definately help you out with the process.
Okay, so I'd need a ripping program, a burning program, and the burner. That's it for a normal, under 4.35BG burning?

How often does it go over 4.35GB? How long does a burn usually take?(longer than a CD burn I'd imagine)
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #22
trinidadpr87
Rotting Corpse

trinidadpr87 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
Okay, so I'd need a ripping program, a burning program, and the burner. That's it for a normal, under 4.35BG burning?

How often does it go over 4.35GB? How long does a burn usually take?(longer than a CD burn I'd imagine)
If you get a burner i'll give you the links to the programs you'll need.If your copying a dvdr than you won't need to compress but if you have a retail dvd that is over 4.35 than you'll need to compress so it'll fit on a dvdr.

To rip it to the hd it takes me about 10mins and to burn it takes about 8mins at 8x speed, which i recommend cause there is less chance of error.

To compress a dvd with dvdshrink it takes sometimes up to 2 and a half hours.You can usually tell if a retail dvd is over 4.35GB if it has a lot of audio track like DTS or has a lot of special features.

trinidadpr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:05 PM   #23
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
If you get a burner i'll give you the links to the programs you'll need.If your copying a dvdr than you won't need to compress but if you have a retail dvd that is over 4.35 than you'll need to compress so it'll fit on a dvdr.

To rip it to the hd it takes me about 10mins and to burn it takes about 8mins at 8x speed, which i recommend cause there is less chance of error.

To compress a dvd with dvdshrink it takes sometimes up to 2 and a half hours.You can usually tell if a retail dvd is over 4.35GB if it has a lot of audio track like DTS or has a lot of special features.
It all sounds simple...perhaps too simple. Compressing a DVD's contents doesn't change much else does it, if anything at all?

The problem I have with DVD trading is the lack of official artwork(I'm a DVD collector, not just a movie watcher) and it being illegal.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #24
trinidadpr87
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
It all sounds simple...perhaps too simple. Compressing a DVD's contents doesn't change much else does it, if anything at all?

The problem I have with DVD trading is the lack of official artwork(I'm a DVD collector, not just a movie watcher) and it being illegal.
It does change the quality, Sometimes noticeable sometimes not.And you have to beware cause sometimes people do remove audio tracks and special features.

Than the i'd say the trading game isn't for you unless you print covers from online which is exspensive due to print cartridges.I am also a collector but only buy the dvds of movies i love and wanna support.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #25
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
It does change the quality, Sometimes noticeable sometimes not.And you have to beware cause sometimes people do remove audio tracks and special features.

Than the i'd say the trading game isn't for you unless you print covers from online which is exspensive due to print cartridges.I am also a collector but only buy the dvds of movies i love and wanna support.
I guess getting these free-ish DVDRs of 30-50 dollar movies would help me decide if they were worth it, rather than buying it for a large amount and disliking it. I could also get some movies on DVD to play elsewhere besides my computer...(DVDRs are region free, right?)...because I don't like watching movies on my computer.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:24 PM   #26
trinidadpr87
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
I guess getting these free-ish DVDRs of 30-50 dollar movies would help me decide if they were worth it, rather than buying it for a large amount and disliking it. I could also get some movies on DVD to play elsewhere besides my computer...(DVDRs are region free, right?)...because I don't like watching movies on my computer.
Usually when you rip them it takes the region protection off making em region free. I cannot watch a movie on a pc, It takes away from the movie probably cause i'm on a 15 inch screen.And for the record they're not free-ish cause you've gotta buy blank dvdrs which costs some $.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #27
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
Usually when you rip them it takes the region protection off making em region free. I cannot watch a movie on a pc, It takes away from the movie probably cause i'm on a 15 inch screen.And for the record they're not free-ish cause you've gotta buy blank dvdrs which costs some $.
Well...Buying 50 DVDRs for 30 bucks rather than one DVD for 30 bucks is pretty free-ish.

Now it sounds like you're talking me out of it.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #28
trinidadpr87
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Well...Buying 50 DVDRs for 30 bucks rather than one DVD for 30 bucks is pretty free-ish.

Now it sounds like you're talking me out of it.
No, i just want to give you the most info before you go out and buy a burner.And i've never thought of it like that, but you're right.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:32 PM   #29
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
No, i just want to give you the most info before you go out and buy a burner.And i've never thought of it like that, but you're right.
Okay, so, I need a burner, a burning program, a ripping program, DVDRs, and DVDshrink...anything else?

All that is free except the burner and DVDRs, right?

What are the best DVDRs?
Old 01-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #30
BloodBath&Beyond
The Living Dead

BloodBath&Beyond has no status.

Here is another review with pictures from Hysteria-Lives:
http://www.hysteria-lives.co.uk/hyst...oody_moon.html