Ultimate Guitar/Bass thread! - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #11
mardigian
BANNED
 
mardigian's Avatar
mardigian has no status.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 17,995
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
I'm not going to lie to you...I just play the guitar, I don't know much past the generic terms for parts and techniques.
thats cool. I was talking about the humbuckers, you know, those two square things that lay underneath your strings, and you have a little switch that selects between the two.

a lot of metal enthusiasts use EMG 81's in there. you should look into buying some. if you think your BC Rich's sound "metal" now, those will blow your socks off.
mardigian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #12
Dobe Dobe
BANNED
 
Dobe Dobe's Avatar
Dobe Dobe is bannedddd
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bollhio
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardigian View Post
thats cool. I was talking about the humbuckers, you know, those two square things that lay underneath your strings, and you have a little switch that selects between the two.

a lot of metal enthusiasts use EMG 81's in there. you should look into buying some. if you think your BC Rich's sound "metal" now, those will blow your socks off.
I thought those were pickups under my strings. ??: And is that was that fucking switch does? I know it makes the sound lower and higher, but it changes between the pickups/humbuckers/whatevers?

What do you mean? Are you saying it'll make the sound deeper/heavier? Because I'm not that kind of "down tune it until it sounds like a fart" metal. I'm more of a "write a really cool riff and play it faster each time you play it" kind of metal.
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:40 PM   #13
depecheanix
It... Won't... Die...
 
depecheanix's Avatar
depecheanix is fgsdoi dsn dsnfm ods
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
I thought those were pickups under my strings. ??: And is that was that fucking switch does? I know it makes the sound lower and higher, but it changes between the pickups/humbuckers/whatevers?

What do you mean? Are you saying it'll make the sound deeper/heavier? Because I'm not that kind of "down tune it until it sounds like a fart" metal. I'm more of a "write a really cool riff and play it faster each time you play it" kind of metal.
These are 4 different styles of pickups

Humbuckers:


Singlecoils:


Piezo:
Can't get a picture because most the time you can't see them

Synth / midi pickups: (which I used to own)




I'll go find some random pictures of my guitars, If I can't find any I'll take new ones.
__________________
depecheanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:48 PM   #14
Dobe Dobe
BANNED
 
Dobe Dobe's Avatar
Dobe Dobe is bannedddd
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bollhio
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecheanix View Post
These are 4 different styles of pickups
Now I know something I didn't know earlier.



Like I said, I only know generic/broad terms for techniques and parts.
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #15
depecheanix
It... Won't... Die...
 
depecheanix's Avatar
depecheanix is fgsdoi dsn dsnfm ods
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
Now I know something I didn't know earlier.



Like I said, I only know generic/broad terms for techniques and parts.
Hell theres probably more styles of pickups, trhose are just the ones I know of
__________________
depecheanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:01 PM   #16
Dobe Dobe
BANNED
 
Dobe Dobe's Avatar
Dobe Dobe is bannedddd
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bollhio
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecheanix View Post
Hell theres probably more styles of pickups, trhose are just the ones I know of
You're smart.
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #17
chupacabraV2
Rotting Corpse
 
chupacabraV2's Avatar
chupacabraV2 has no status.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burma Shave
Posts: 1,321
Default

nice thread!!!!

i use a ESP viper (baratone) and i use monster fuckin strings (my top e is a 70 guage)

as for rig...
ampeg vh140-c head (none heavier!)
sonic 4x12 (loaded with greenbacks)
sonic 2x15 bass cab (loaded with eminence)
and a 36 band rackmount E/Q

no f/x pedals!!! i use the built in distortion in my head.

if you wanna shake the siding off your house,crank this beast up to 4!!!!
__________________
+113

chupacabraV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:13 PM   #18
Dobe Dobe
BANNED
 
Dobe Dobe's Avatar
Dobe Dobe is bannedddd
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bollhio
Posts: 0
Default

Can anyone else play Judas Priest songs?

(I'm assuming we can talk about the songs we can play in here...?)
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #19
depecheanix
It... Won't... Die...
 
depecheanix's Avatar
depecheanix is fgsdoi dsn dsnfm ods
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 18,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobe Dobe View Post
Can anyone else play Judas Priest songs?

(I'm assuming we can talk about the songs we can play in here...?)
No! Now fuck off!


...No I'm assuming it's anything goes.
__________________
depecheanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:17 PM   #20
Dobe Dobe
BANNED
 
Dobe Dobe's Avatar
Dobe Dobe is bannedddd
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bollhio
Posts: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by depecheanix View Post
No! Now fuck off!


...No I'm assuming it's anything goes.
Ouch.


I can play A FUCKING LOT of songs. I write music too.
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC