Ultimate Guitar/Bass thread! - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #1
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

Default Ultimate Guitar/Bass thread!

there's a lot of members on here who play guitar, bass, drums, etc...I thought it would be cool to have a thread on here dedicated to talking about it. whether you're playing with a band or just playing with yourself (looking at you depeche!), post what gear you're using. what gear do you plan/want to get? whats good? what sucks? converse amongst yourselves.
mardigian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Guitars:
B.C. Rich Warlock
B.C. Rich Beast
Squier Strat

Amps:
Crate XT15R
Crate XT120R

Wants:
B.C. Rich Ice Acrylic Warlock
Dobe Dobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

a couple weeks ago I was actually looking at getting this BC Rich, the mockingbird has a cool design. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=512286

as for what I have right now:
guitars-
Schecter C-1 Triple X
Ibanez Iceman IC300

Amp:
Peavey XXL 100W head w/matched 4X12 cab

yeah, very basic set-up right now. I sold off all my unnecessary equipment, i.e. junky effects, un unsed pickups, i.e. bill lawrence, emg, duncan and rebuilding my rig.

plan to put a matched set up duncan pearly gates in the Iceman. give it some growl, but I like the lower output, open sound the 'gates have to them. it's different than what everyone else is doing, which I like.

looking into selling the peavey head to help fund a mesa boogie recto. can't really decide if I want to go single or dual? the dual seems like more wattage than I will ever need, but it does have some cool features like lead boost and some other stuff. but the single is simply more affordable.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:51 PM   #4
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardigian View Post
a couple weeks ago I was actually looking at getting this BC Rich, the mockingbird has a cool design. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tar?sku=512286
I'm not really a fan of the Mockingbird's design, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:03 PM   #5
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

yeah, well its a certain breed that love the warlock and beast designs. I had a cheapo warlock when I was 15 or 16. it was fun while it lasted. played a show and smashed it. at the time I figured "what the hell? this will be fun and I have a kickass Ibanez RG!". unfortunately the smashing of it greatly reduced the resale value. I sold it to some kid for $10 thereafter.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
yeah, well its a certain breed that love the warlock and beast designs. I had a cheapo warlock when I was 15 or 16. it was fun while it lasted. played a show and smashed it. at the time I figured "what the hell? this will be fun and I have a kickass Ibanez RG!". unfortunately the smashing of it greatly reduced the resale value. I sold it to some kid for $10 thereafter.
I'd never smash or resell my Warlock or Beast. I even have a stud leather strap for the Beast.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #7
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

it seemed like a great idea while in the moment. the thing was beyond repair, neck was split and body blown up, those cheap agathis bodies. I think the kid just wanted a souvenier.

what pups do you have the rich's? EMG's I'm assuming.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #8
Dobe Dobe
BANNED

Dobe Dobe is bannedddd

Quote:
it seemed like a great idea while in the moment. the thing was beyond repair, neck was split and body blown up, those cheap agathis bodies. I think the kid just wanted a souvenier.

what pups do you have the rich's? EMG's I'm assuming.
I'm not going to lie to you...I just play the guitar, I don't know much past the generic terms for parts and techniques.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:11 PM   #9
deadhead33
Rotting Corpse

deadhead33 has no status.

Send a message via AIM to deadhead33

I play bass and rock a Rickenbacker and mexican Fender Jazz Bass. I have a Fender combo amp/cab and like digitech effects(digi-delay and whammy) as well as a Zoom multi effects petal for distortion and chorus effects. I play 3 finger style, slap and pop, finger tapping and use a pick.

I'm into alot of different styles of music but i like to make disonent jazz runs and such.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #10
mardigian
BANNED

mardigian has no status.

the mexican jazz basses are fucking awesome. I wanted to get one about a year ago, just didn't want to throw $400 down for one. but definetely the bass I would get if I were going to get one. get me?