Latest toy/fig/collectible you picked up? - Page 106 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Collectibles, figures, and memorabilia.

Collectibles, figures, and memorabilia. posters, figures, whatever.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #1051
Grim Reaper Roper
The Living Dead

Grim Reaper Roper is drinking

Finally got the Series 4 in today. I must say the Jason and Freddy are pretty damn cool.

Grim Reaper Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #1052
Grim Reaper Roper
The Living Dead

Having recently graduated from school, I found myself in a money pinch and had to sell of a majority of my horror figures but have been really wanting to start back collecting some, especially getting the COF sets. I got this one in the mail today as well.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #1053
IrishSprings
Fresh Kill

IrishSprings is Oooh, here she comes ... She's a MAN EATER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper Roper View Post
Having recently graduated from school, I found myself in a money pinch and had to sell of a majority of my horror figures but have been really wanting to start back collecting some, especially getting the COF sets. I got this one in the mail today as well.

Great choice, bro. One of the best Freddy figures around. If not THE best. Totally accurate to the original movie. Even down to his scars and facial expression from the scene they based this figure on ... and one of the few figures to depict Freddy from the original with the red and green body and red sleeves the way he looked in the original. The only other Freddy fig that competes with this one is the Movie Maniacs series 4 Krueger.

Matches this scene EXACTLY. From his expression, posture, etc

IrishSprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #1054
Horror Chase
The Living Dead

Horror Chase is Eating Your Brains

Send a message via Yahoo to Horror Chase

Quote:
Finally got the Series 4 in today. I must say the Jason and Freddy are pretty damn cool.

c'mon all 3 are cool.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #1055
Horror Chase
The Living Dead

Quote:

Great pick up my favorite Jason which I believe to be the best.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #1056
Grim Reaper Roper
The Living Dead

Thanks guys, IrishSprings your right it really is one of the best Freddy figures out there and definitely does hold true to your picture. Other than the Series 1 and 2 Jason's, I have found this Freddy figure to be one of the harder COF figures to track down. Getting those two Jason's is definitely on my list, I've seen the Series 1 Jason go for some high prices on Ebay recently. Horror Chase what can I say, your right all 3 are awesome. I can't hate on Debbie too much or her roach arms. What I really do like is the hunched over look they gave the Part III Jason, a nice touch. If only they had thrown in the harpoon...
Old 07-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #1057
Horror Chase
The Living Dead

Quote:
Thanks guys, IrishSprings your right it really is one of the best Freddy figures out there and definitely does hold true to your picture. Other than the Series 1 and 2 Jason's, I have found this Freddy figure to be one of the harder COF figures to track down. Getting those two Jason's is definitely on my list, I've seen the Series 1 Jason go for some high prices on Ebay recently. Horror Chase what can I say, your right all 3 are awesome. I can't hate on Debbie too much or her roach arms. What I really do like is the hunched over look they gave the Part III Jason, a nice touch. If only they had thrown in the harpoon...
There was suppose to be a Harpoon but for some dumb reason they took it out. Yes I too love the hunch back it's very movie accurate. Yes you have to get series 1 and 2 Jason's they are the hardest to find but they are damn good.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #1058
TheMansonFamily
Fresh Kill

TheMansonFamily is Evil

Quote:

Sweet figures!

Sig courtesy of awwstin.

My DVD/Blu Ray Collection
TheMansonFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #1059
IrishSprings
Fresh Kill

IrishSprings is Oooh, here she comes ... She's a MAN EATER

The only problem I had with the COF Jason figures is the fluctuation in size and scale of them. Derek Mears and the guy who played Jason in Jason Lives are two of the biggest and beefiest guys to play him and their figures are smaller than the part 4, part 3, and Goes to Hell figures. It's weird. All fit in visibly in the COF series, just some are taller and/or shorter than they should be.

COF series 2 Freddy is PERFECT to me.
IrishSprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #1060
Don of the Dead
Fresh Kill

Don of the Dead is www.CrypticonMinneapolis.com

Send a message via AIM to Don of the Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSprings View Post
Monsters do sell, and I just meant absolute must have regular characters, like say a Nancy.

BTW, McFarlane's best selling lines were the series dedicated to Aliens and Predators, exclusively.

You do know that right?
Everywhere I went Aliens and Predator languished on the shelves till they hit clearance.

And Nancy might be a "must have" character to die hard collectors like you and I, but most causal collectors who would buy a Freddy or Jason either don't know who Nancy is or care enough to buy a $20 figure.

Look at Hitchhiker, a horror icon from Texas Chainsaw, Hot Topic is unloading them for $8, and he's the one that sticks to shelves when I hit Spencers and other stores. He's not a "cool looking monster". Personally, he's my favorite in the series.
Don of the Dead is offline   Reply With Quote