The Comic Book Discussion Thread - Page 51 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Books, Magazines, Literature, etc..

Books, Magazines, Literature, etc.. Some of us really do know how to read!

Old 01-28-2005, 09:47 AM   #501
sellthesunrise
The Living Dead

sellthesunrise has no status.

Send a message via AIM to sellthesunrise

Planetary is sweetness. And that Clayton GR image is the one from the newest Wizard. That book's is going to roll some heads. I can't wait for the new Runaways, that book shouldn't have ended in the first place.
Employee of the Month 5.5/10
School For Scoundrals 5/10
TCM: The Beginning 3.5/10
sellthesunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:00 PM   #502
alleywaykrew
It... Won't... Die...

alleywaykrew is back from the grave.

Send a message via AIM to alleywaykrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellthesunrise
I can't wait for the new Runaways, that book shouldn't have ended in the first place.
Damn right.
Facebook
MySpace
alleywaykrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:07 PM   #503
Straker
The Living Dead

Straker has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIE COMMANDO
I think Tony Moore would be another cool choice for the new GR book....hopefully ongoing. I believe they are going through Marvel Knights...but it's still bound to be laced with extreme gore and splashing in a pool of chaos. Here's a sample of Moore's work....

..and here is some of Clayton Crain's stuff...

Hot damn, I could live with either artist on board. Looks like Marvel is really giving ol' flamehead the red carpet treatment this time. I'm starting to get really psyched on this now.....

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, There is Only War.
Straker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:10 PM   #504
Severn
It... Won't... Die...

Severn is thinking he would go back in time and nail Deborah Harry.

Send a message via AIM to Severn Send a message via MSN to Severn Send a message via Yahoo to Severn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIE COMMANDO
I think Tony Moore would be another cool choice for the new GR book....hopefully ongoing. I believe they are going through Marvel Knights...but it's still bound to be laced with extreme gore and splashing in a pool of chaos. Here's a sample of Moore's work....

..and here is some of Clayton Crain's stuff...

Hot damn, I could live with either artist on board. Looks like Marvel is really giving ol' flamehead the red carpet treatment this time. I'm starting to get really psyched on this now.....
Hopefully the attention won't fade away as it tends to do from time to time. It's such a cool concept that they SHOULD stick to it. I remember this is the guy who scared off Galactus.

- Frankenstein's Monster.
Severn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:15 PM   #505
Straker
The Living Dead

Straker has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severn
Hopefully the attention won't fade away as it tends to do from time to time. It's such a cool concept that they SHOULD stick to it. I remember this is the guy who scared off Galactus.
Scared off Galactus you say? How the hell did that manage to happen? That would certaintly be an interesting issue to see.

I hope Ennis does his whole random Marvel character "team-up" thing in this book like in the Punisher. I love how he just thrashes on Wolverine, even if it is my favorite character it's refreshing to see something other then praise. Or who could forget the classic Castle and Spidey team-up where he used Parker as a human sheild against the Russian? It'll be interesting to see how he puts GR in the Marvel Universe, if he bothers with other characters at all.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:50 PM   #506
sellthesunrise
The Living Dead

sellthesunrise has no status.

Send a message via AIM to sellthesunrise

From what I read in Wizard, Ennis is taking this book quite seriously, ala Preacher,Hellblazer. He very much wants to create a very awesome GR book: "We being with Ghost Ride trapped in Hell, having finally paid the price for selling his soul-not a very clever idea at the best of times," says Ennis, "To escape inferno, he takes on the job of hunting down a runaway demon on Earth. Trouble is, all sorts of interested parties appear out of the woodwark-agents of heaven and hell, both mortal and immortal, and various earthbound bad guys keen to protect the Rider's target for their own ends. Even the people who hired our hero in the first place turn out to have their own agenda. Everyone's playing an angle in this story, And comparted to some of these guys, Ghost Rider's almost innocent.
Employee of the Month 5.5/10
School For Scoundrals 5/10
TCM: The Beginning 3.5/10
sellthesunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #507
ZOMBIE COMMANDO
Send... More... Paramedics

ZOMBIE COMMANDO is eating a bowl of fuck.

Send a message via AIM to ZOMBIE COMMANDO

I'm thinking about GR continuosly now. This flamehead fever has got me searching the back bins for old issues. Ennis mentioned the characters of the new run will be throwing buses with people in them at each other.

Back in my hay day when I first got into comic book Ghost Rider was my thing. Everyone else gravitated to the X-Men or Spiderman....I was the odd duck that got boners over seeing fully painted GR covers. The first comic I read was a GR yarn where he battles his way through an army of ninjas with the fresh blood of his girlfriend on their sword, only to be blown up by some sort of demon possessed yuppie at the end. I was instantly hooked, and bought every appearance of GR my meager allowance could get me.

Unfortunately my GR comics all got ruined when my basement flooded...but for years I have had to endure writer after writer transform the spirit of vengeance from a total badass into a clown. Toward the end of his series it got REAL ugly with his personias spliting off into different beings; lets just say it was an unholy mess. Let's not forget how Marvel got really shy about even mentioning hell or demons in their comics....two essential indgredients to the Ghost Rider soup.

My dad was a biker and would bring his biker friends over for BBQ and stuff...and I would just start thinking about GR every time I heard the roar of a Harley or wiffed the scent of gasoline. Now GR is back...nostalgia...this better be good!
ZOMBIE COMMANDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 04:23 PM   #508
Hyakotake
The Living Dead

Hyakotake has no status.

just finished ultimate spider-man #70-71... i am thinking that as much as i like bendis' work, it would be nice for him to take a break from the series and let someone else handle the chores, at least for a while...
Old 01-28-2005, 04:42 PM   #509
Straker
The Living Dead

Straker has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakotake
just finished ultimate spider-man #70-71... i am thinking that as much as i like bendis' work, it would be nice for him to take a break from the series and let someone else handle the chores, at least for a while...
Blasphemy!

Old 01-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #510
alleywaykrew
It... Won't... Die...

alleywaykrew is back from the grave.

Send a message via AIM to alleywaykrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakotake
Clearly you've lost your mind...
Facebook
MySpace
alleywaykrew is offline   Reply With Quote