What Book Did You Last Read? - Page 537 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Books, Magazines, Literature, etc..

Books, Magazines, Literature, etc.. Some of us really do know how to read!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #5361
scream4melongbeach
Rotting Corpse
 
scream4melongbeach's Avatar
scream4melongbeach is concerned,but hopefull
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,535
Default

House of Skin by Jonathon Janz. I enjoyed it, kind of a mainstream Lee/Laymon book.
__________________
My , What big teeth you have.
scream4melongbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #5362
Mayday
Jury. Executioner. Judge.
 
Mayday's Avatar
Mayday is the law.
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mega-City One
Posts: 10,767
Default

The Works of Edgar Allan Poe (Public Domain Books) Vol. 1 & 2
Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
I liked it much better than when I originally had to read it for college. But it still confused me in parts, even though I'm older and wiser.
__________________

Cats....or Death?!

2014 Horror Draft
1. Sunshine (2007)
2. Event Horizon (1997)
3. Pitch Black (2000)
4. +1 (2013)
5. Night of the Comet (1984)
6. Slither (2006)
7. The Faculty {1998}
8. Aliens (1986)
9. Europa Report (2013)
10. The Curse (1987)
Mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #5363
scream4melongbeach
Rotting Corpse
 
scream4melongbeach's Avatar
scream4melongbeach is concerned,but hopefull
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,535
Default

Deranged by Bryan Smith.....why do I bother with this guy? With the exception of The Killing Kind, he has just disappointed me.
__________________
My , What big teeth you have.
scream4melongbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #5364
Hannibal Rex
Rotting Corpse
 
Hannibal Rex's Avatar
Hannibal Rex is powerpacked hard flexin'.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,701
Default

Cut by Patricia McCormick.
__________________
Hannibal Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #5365
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics
 
voodoo_dolly's Avatar
voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Crosby
Posts: 9,733
Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly
Default

The Book of the Bizarre: Freaky Facts and Strange Stories

__________________


I'm going to eat my Devonia cuntcakes first!
voodoo_dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #5366
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 10,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
The Book of the Bizarre: Freaky Facts and Strange Stories

Did it have really good freak facts ? It seems like those little books of facts are always cheesy and most I already know.
__________________
(2014) Horror Draft!


1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
5. Willard
6. Piranha 3D
7. Arachnophobia
8. The Ruins
9. Rogue
10. Orca
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:24 PM   #5367
scream4melongbeach
Rotting Corpse
 
scream4melongbeach's Avatar
scream4melongbeach is concerned,but hopefull
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,535
Default

The Wicked by James Freeman. Great Book, a lot of fun.
__________________
My , What big teeth you have.
scream4melongbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #5368
voodoo_dolly
Send... More... Paramedics
 
voodoo_dolly's Avatar
voodoo_dolly is Miss New Booty
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Crosby
Posts: 9,733
Send a message via Yahoo to voodoo_dolly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Did it have really good freak facts ? It seems like those little books of facts are always cheesy and most I already know.
It was fascinating. There was a really neat story about Winston Churchill. It had different sections like coincidence or synchronicity which had stories about how one twin was killed by a taxi while he was walking down a road and a year later the other twin was walking downthe same road remembering his brother and was hit by the same cab carrying the same passenger. Also every president that was voted into office on a year ending in zero also died in office. Abraham Lincoln, JFK, FDR, etc. My least favorite section was the one on UFOs BC I always found that subject boring. Turns out the government allowed the public to believe they were covering up an alien conspiracy in Roswell when actually they were testing weather balloons that could detect the nuclear weapons in the Soviet. Oh there was another story about a woman who gave birth to her own twin. A real life virgin Mary.
__________________


I'm going to eat my Devonia cuntcakes first!
voodoo_dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 AM   #5369
Timvp
Rotting Corpse
 
Timvp's Avatar
Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SF Valley, CA
Posts: 2,243
Default

The Film Experience an Introduction, Third Edition by Timothy Corrigan

Taking film class this semester and its a pretty good read.
Timvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #5370
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 10,168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
It was fascinating. There was a really neat story about Winston Churchill. It had different sections like coincidence or synchronicity which had stories about how one twin was killed by a taxi while he was walking down a road and a year later the other twin was walking downthe same road remembering his brother and was hit by the same cab carrying the same passenger. Also every president that was voted into office on a year ending in zero also died in office. Abraham Lincoln, JFK, FDR, etc. My least favorite section was the one on UFOs BC I always found that subject boring. Turns out the government allowed the public to believe they were covering up an alien conspiracy in Roswell when actually they were testing weather balloons that could detect the nuclear weapons in the Soviet. Oh there was another story about a woman who gave birth to her own twin. A real life virgin Mary.

Sounds worth it! I may check Barnes & Nobel sometime this week when I go on my book hunt.
__________________
(2014) Horror Draft!


1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
5. Willard
6. Piranha 3D
7. Arachnophobia
8. The Ruins
9. Rogue
10. Orca
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC