What Book Did You Last Read? - Page 40 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Books, Magazines, Literature, etc..

Books, Magazines, Literature, etc.. Some of us really do know how to read!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2007, 07:30 AM   #391
brokenandtwisted
Send... More... Paramedics
 
brokenandtwisted's Avatar
brokenandtwisted is thinking about becoming an alcoholic.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,602
Send a message via MSN to brokenandtwisted Send a message via Yahoo to brokenandtwisted
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post
Whats the Swan Song about?
I'm not sure, I never read the whole thing. It's science-fiction/post apocalyptic, which I don't generally read. Basically there's a nuclear war that results in a nuclear winter. All I know, really. Ask cubbiechris.
__________________

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.
brokenandtwisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:31 AM   #392
cubbiechris
I Eat Brains!
 
cubbiechris's Avatar
cubbiechris has no status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, il
Posts: 6,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenandtwisted View Post
Nope. I'm compiling a list of 100 Novels to Recommend...have about sixty so far. Need forty or so. I'll add The Swan Song. Where do you think it should be, between 1-100? I haven't given any books' ranks...because I'm going to ask for five people or so to look over the list via PM before I post it.
I see. Swan Song is in my top 10. When you're finished compliling it either post it or PM me. I want to take a look at it.
cubbiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:34 AM   #393
cubbiechris
I Eat Brains!
 
cubbiechris's Avatar
cubbiechris has no status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, il
Posts: 6,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post
Whats the Swan Song about?
It's a end of the world novel, similar to 'The Stand', but I think it's better.

http://www.amazon.com/Swan-Song-Robe...e=UTF8&s=books
cubbiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:34 AM   #394
brokenandtwisted
Send... More... Paramedics
 
brokenandtwisted's Avatar
brokenandtwisted is thinking about becoming an alcoholic.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,602
Send a message via MSN to brokenandtwisted Send a message via Yahoo to brokenandtwisted
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiechris View Post
I see. Swan Song is in my top 10. When you're finished compliling it either post it or PM me. I want to take a look at it.
Yeah I'm going to post it in its' own thread and ask for it to be stickied. Licata's idea. Have a format and all. I'll PM you when it's done, anymore books to recommend? I may or may not have them. Most of the ones I've put in are classics and/or controversial novels. So far I'm hoping caustic_coffee and licata will be editors...they expressed interest previously I just haven't asked them.
__________________

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.
brokenandtwisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #395
cubbiechris
I Eat Brains!
 
cubbiechris's Avatar
cubbiechris has no status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, il
Posts: 6,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenandtwisted View Post
Yeah I'm going to post it in its' own thread and ask for it to be stickied. Licata's idea. Have a format and all. I'll PM you when it's done, anymore books to recommend? I may or may not have them. Most of the ones I've put in are classics and/or controversial novels. So far I'm hoping caustic_coffee and licata will be editors...they expressed interest previously I just haven't asked them.
Have you ever read:

'The Shadow if the Wind'

http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Wind-Ca...e=UTF8&s=books

It's a challenging read that is rewarding. I saw it at a used book store and it had a Recommendation by Stephen King, so I picked it up. It's not horror by any means but I enjoyed it quite a bit.
cubbiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:44 AM   #396
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!
 
zaglewiz's Avatar
zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Williamsburg,Ky
Posts: 6,442
Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz
Default

Looks like I'll be picking up Swan Song next weekend when I get the ole Paycheck. Anymore books you guys would recommend I would name some but I'm sure you guys have already read them plus I moved to a place where I can get just about any book I want without having to go outta my way to find it. Oh if none of you have read the book Aushwitz "sorry if I spelled that wrong" about the Nazi Concentration camp as well as LOLITA which I found to be amazing.
__________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 07:48 AM   #397
cubbiechris
I Eat Brains!
 
cubbiechris's Avatar
cubbiechris has no status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, il
Posts: 6,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaglewiz View Post
Looks like I'll be picking up Swan Song next weekend when I get the ole Paycheck. Anymore books you guys would recommend I would name some but I'm sure you guys have already read them plus I moved to a place where I can get just about any book I want without having to go outta my way to find it. Oh if none of you have read the book Aushwitz "sorry if I spelled that wrong" about the Nazi Concentration camp as well as LOLITA which I found to be amazing.
Great! You'll really enjoy Swan Song. It's a 1000 pages but never boring. I wish it was longer.

Have you guys read Scott Smith's 'A Simple Plan'? If not grab it! It's a great read and better then the movie.
cubbiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:02 AM   #398
brokenandtwisted
Send... More... Paramedics
 
brokenandtwisted's Avatar
brokenandtwisted is thinking about becoming an alcoholic.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,602
Send a message via MSN to brokenandtwisted Send a message via Yahoo to brokenandtwisted
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiechris View Post
Great! You'll really enjoy Swan Song. It's a 1000 pages but never boring. I wish it was longer.

Have you guys read Scott Smith's 'A Simple Plan'? If not grab it! It's a great read and better then the movie.
The things you learn from people on the Internet...no, I haven't read that either...and I have my own little library. Yikes! Is it noteworthy to be on the list?
__________________

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.
brokenandtwisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 08:22 AM   #399
cubbiechris
I Eat Brains!
 
cubbiechris's Avatar
cubbiechris has no status.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago, il
Posts: 6,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenandtwisted View Post
The things you learn from people on the Internet...no, I haven't read that either...and I have my own little library. Yikes! Is it noteworthy to be on the list?
I loved it! Give 'Simple Plan' a read, you'll love it! It would be on my "best list" of 100 books.
cubbiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #400
zaglewiz
I Eat Brains!
 
zaglewiz's Avatar
zaglewiz is pretty,pretty....pretty good.
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Williamsburg,Ky
Posts: 6,442
Send a message via AIM to zaglewiz Send a message via Yahoo to zaglewiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiechris View Post
Great! You'll really enjoy Swan Song. It's a 1000 pages but never boring. I wish it was longer.

Have you guys read Scott Smith's 'A Simple Plan'? If not grab it! It's a great read and better then the movie.
God damn it don't mention anymore books I'll be broke by the time your done and don't you dare post that 100 greatest books then I'll be asking you for money
__________________


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
zaglewiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC