George A. Romero's Land of the Dead - Page 215 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #2141
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

Land of the Dead (2005) - slightly underrated.. I really like it how you sympathise with the dead in this one, and wanted to see them fuck things up. The humans are royal bastards. My only problem is with Simon Baker, who makes a boring lead.. everyone else did great, though, especially John Leguizamo and Dennis Hopper. A really relevant social commentary behind this, as well, that I wish was in more movies. 8/10

CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #2142
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
Land of the Dead (2005) - slightly underrated.. I really like it how you sympathise with the dead in this one, and wanted to see them fuck things up. The humans are royal bastards. My only problem is with Simon Baker, who makes a boring lead.. everyone else did great, though, especially John Leguizamo and Dennis Hopper. A really relevant social commentary behind this, as well, that I wish was in more movies. 8/10
Solid flick and Asia Argento should have gotten more American work because of it! Definitely a gem though
Old 09-16-2014, 03:23 AM   #2143
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

ObeySleepConform is cyberpunkin this shit up

This movie is underrated.

This has been Obey's random thread Necro of the day.
*floats away on magical umbrella*

ObeySleepConform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:28 AM   #2144
Dukefrukem
Fresh Kill

Dukefrukem is eating you since 1984

Send a message via AIM to Dukefrukem Send a message via Yahoo to Dukefrukem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
This movie is underrated.

This has been Obey's random thread Necro of the day.
*floats away on magical umbrella*
I agree- I just wish the zombies weren't so HUMAN-IE.
Dukefrukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:26 AM   #2145
Yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

Yoxodo is Eenek-chock!!!

This movie blows chunks. Not as much as Diary of the Dead, of course, but its still pretty awful. For me, Romero's Dead movies exist in two trilogies, one of which is immortal, the other dead on arrival. At least we got a great game out of this horrid pile of filth. Land of the Dead: The Road to Fiddler's Green is one of my favorite games on the original X-Box. It featured puking and exploding zombies way before Left For Dead made such things fashionable.
Yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:53 AM   #2146
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefrukem View Post
I agree- I just wish the zombies weren't so HUMAN-IE.
i actually love land of the dead more each time i see it, and the human-ieness of the zombies are, i think romero's point, and always has been. we--humans--are the real monsters of the world. as the zombies evolve with each movie, we are hit over the head with this point with more intensity. and this is also why i loved survival of the dead, because we build on the notion set forth in dawn, of people keeping their dead loved ones near, that being a zombie doesn't erase who you are, or what you meant to someone else.

i love big daddy, and is horde of pissed of class warriors. oh, to see the rich get eaten, is truly satisfying.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:53 AM   #2147
zigwardScissorHands
Fresh Kill

zigwardScissorHands is eating skittles, vomiting rainbows

I like Land of the Dead. Not as much as the original three movies but a whole lot more than Diary and the somehow worse Survival of the Dead.

When I decide to watch the Romero films I usually watch the original trilogy and kind of forget about Land. It's not that its bad it just feels like a separate story to the original three. Because of that I usually brush it aside.
zigwardScissorHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 08:25 AM   #2148
Se7en
The Bad Guy

Se7en is your favorite wigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigwardScissorHands View Post
I like Land of the Dead. Not as much as the original three movies but a whole lot more than Diary and the somehow worse Survival of the Dead.

When I decide to watch the Romero films I usually watch the original trilogy and kind of forget about Land. It's not that its bad it just feels like a separate story to the original three. Because of that I usually brush it aside.
I forgot Land existed, and I forgot that Romero directed it. I somehow remember Survival more because of the shitty reputation it holds.

Haven't seen it since I was like nine or ten. Should get around to it again sometime.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #2149
BoOMST1CK
The Living Dead

BoOMST1CK is enjoying a DAMN fine cup of coffee!

I've seen this but don't remember much about it.. and I'e never even layed eyes on Diary or Survival, as a Romero fan I probably should but something tells me to stay very far away from both!
BoOMST1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #2150
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
I've seen this but don't remember much about it.. and I'e never even layed eyes on Diary or Survival, as a Romero fan I probably should but something tells me to stay very far away from both!
i'm gonna tell ya, as a lifelong romero fan, see diary and survival and decide for yourself. i happen to like both films immensely. they advance george's ruminations on death and humanity, while getting really small and personal. survival is essentially a wacky remake of big country, and really works for me. and land is just fabulous and gets better with each viewing.