Trading/Selling etiquette... - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > The Horror Swap

The Horror Swap Have something you want to sell, trade, or buy? Post it here.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:02 AM   #1
Lord of Terror
The Living Dead

Lord of Terror is Smoked Out Locced Out

Default Trading/Selling Etiquette...

I've contacted a few people here and asked them for some tips as far as what they expect when trading or selling discs on this site.this thread is an attempt to nip any problems in the bud before they occur...

New Traders

Noone wants to get ripped off!Only an asshole would stiff someone for dvd's...new traders should always expect to send 1st until you build a reputation as a trusted trader.You can look through the following threads to check the person's feedback you're trading with.

The Trader Overview (Updated)

Good/Bad Traders

Labeling Discs

A lot of people prefer to lable their own discs rather than having the person they're trading with's chicken sratch on their discs...you could lable on the outside of the discs sleeves,such as front disc = (title here) middle disc,back disc,or use post-it notes.

Shipping

When sending discs,try to use those paper disc envelopes or a makeshift envelope out of computer/construction paper.napkins,paper towel,newsprint,etc,etc should all be unacceptable.You should be able to find the disc envelopes at wal-mart for a decent price,aviod office supply stores if possible,they can be fairly expensive from such places when you consider what it is you're actually buying..If you trade frequently,you should accumulate enough w/out the need to buy any.

Feedback

Positive feedback should be left as soon as you receive your discs & everything is as agreed upon prior to your trade, or as soon as possible...

If you have any issues with the person you traded with,try to resolve the issue with said person before leaving negative feedback.There are some damn good people trading on this site & most times things can be worked out between the two of you(I speak from personal experience on this one.)

Your Collection

If the discs you are being asked for are movie only,no menus,shit quality,or damaged in any way,please let the person you're trading with know prior to the trade.I know most people do a good job of labeling their dvdaf lists but sometimes things can slip past you.Also do your best to lable how many discs each movie/box set is,so it's eaiser for people to know how many discs they're trading for.Region lableling is critical,not everyone has the capability to play any region discs.

A lot of people have their location listed in their profile,but some dont.It's nice to know where the person you're trading with lives before you agree to trade.

Disc Condition

Dont send people discs that are beat to hell,all trades should be on brand new dvdr's...

if anyone has anything they'd like to add,feel free to do so.

Last edited by Lord of Terror; 03-10-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Lord of Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 08:52 AM   #2
staffino
Fresh Kill

staffino has no status.

lord, excellent post. I would add that the trade isn't over until both traders are satifisfied. I hope the mods make this a sticky. staffino

MOVIE/TV TRADELIST
MUSIC TRADELIST
staffino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
knuckleboom31
Fresh Kill

knuckleboom31 is crazy has hell

Location: under your bed ready to slice your foot off and stick it in your mouth

this is very cool.i just started trading on here about a month ago and didnt know how to send the movies like with the titles written on them or what. also didnt know it was a big deal if a disk was a movie only or a full back up.but i learn new stuff with every trade.this thread will be very helpfull for new traders

knuckleboom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
ryan_logan360
BANNED

ryan_logan360 has no status.

Id like to see more people say how many fucking discs are in the box set or TV season on there lists, I tiered of looking that shit up myself.
ryan_logan360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #5
alt0077
Fresh Kill

alt0077 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_logan360
Id like to see more people say how many fucking discs are in the box set or TV season on there lists, I tiered of looking that shit up myself.
i always do this. i also started listing if its a foreign film if it has english dub or subs.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:55 AM   #6
GratefulGecko
Fresh Kill

GratefulGecko has no status.

Send a message via AIM to GratefulGecko Send a message via Yahoo to GratefulGecko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_logan360
That's going to be my project while I'm out of work for the next couple weeks, along with adding if a movie is a DVDr, full backup or movie only.

Anything else that should be listed?

GratefulGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #7
Hilti De-walt
BANNED

Hilti De-walt has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Terror
I've contacted a few people here and asked them for some tips as far as what they expect when trading or selling discs on this site.this thread is an attempt to nip any problems in the bud before they occur...

Labeling Discs

A lot of people prefer to lable their own discs rather than having the person they're trading with's chicken sratch on their discs...you could lable on the outside of the discs sleeves,such as front disc = (title here) middle disc,back disc,or use post-it notes.

Shipping

When sending discs,try to use those paper disc envelopes or a makeshift envelope out of computer/construction paper.napkins,paper towel,newsprint,etc,etc should all be unacceptable.You should be able to find the disc envelopes at wal-mart for a decent price,aviod office supply stores if possible,they can be fairly expensive from such places when you consider what it is you're actually buying..If you trade frequently,you should accumulate enough w/out the need to buy any.

Feedback

Positive feedback should be left as soon as you receive your discs & everything is as agreed upon prior to your trade, or as soon as possible...

If you have any issues with the person you traded with,try to resolve the issue with said person before leaving negative feedback.There are some damn good people trading on this site & most times things can be worked out between the two of you(I speak from personal experience on this one.)

Your Collection

If the discs you are being asked for are movie only,no menus,shit quality,or damaged in any way,please let the person you're trading with know prior to the trade.I know most people do a good job of labeling their dvdaf lists but sometimes things can slip past you.

A lot of people have their location listed in their profile,but some dont.It's nice to know where the person you're trading with lives before you agree to trade.

if a mod/admin could make this a sticky it'd be much appreciated.
Labeling Discs
I usually like labeling my DVDR's with a p-touch label maker, but recently havent cared much. Peckwest for example is a very neat write and if everyone wrote on my discs like he did , i would have no problems, right now Im feeling out everyones hand writting , so i will know who to not let label my films.

Shipping
I always ship first class, occasionally Priority depending the situation. the ones who send media mail, will get that sent to them, first class people get first class and priority people get priority mail. Its only right, and I always let them know when i will be mailing.

Feedback
I just got 3 packages about 30 minutes and was going to do so right now.

Your Collection
Do the best i can labeling things, fif i miss one or 2 ohwell, when im told i could work something out to replace it. First i would like to know where it skipped i will check my movie then if it does replace it. But I label everything as best as i can, when you got hundreds or thousands of movies its hard to keep track of every little thing.

Just read my avatar its right there like always.
Hilti De-walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #8
mike1013
Fresh Kill

mike1013 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulGecko
That's going to be my project while I'm out of work for the next couple weeks, along with adding if a movie is a DVDr, full backup or movie only.

Anything else that should be listed?

I try to put if it is 2 discs, etc. Which one I have.A Full Backup, just the Movie, not the version listed. If it is VHS Rip or Homemade. If it is a shitty copy or skips a lot. If it has no listing in DVDAficionado.Just off the top of my head.

Good Job, Lord...
mike1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 03:46 PM   #9
Hilti De-walt
BANNED

Hilti De-walt has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Terror

Labeling Discs

Shipping

Feedback

Your Collection

If the discs you are being asked for are movie only,no menus,shit quality,or damaged in any way,please let the person you're trading with know prior to the trade.I know most people do a good job of labeling their dvdaf lists but sometimes things can slip past you.

if a mod/admin could make this a sticky it'd be much appreciated.
you need to put a section about the quality and neatness the DVDRs sent to people are in, I have gotten some nasty scuffed up DVDRs from peopl a couple times, and its uncalled for send brand new shit or if shit is sent to you send shit back.

Im neat and keep my shit mint for myself and as well when i send to others. To send people back fucked up DVDR's well its disrespectful, rude and arrogant.
Hilti De-walt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #10
ryan_logan360
BANNED

ryan_logan360 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilti De-walt
you need to put a section about the quality and neatness the DVDRs sent to people are in, I have gotten some nasty scuffed up DVDRs from peopl a couple times, and its uncalled for send brand new shit or if shit is sent to you send shit back.

Im neat and keep my shit mint for myself and as well when i send to others. To send people back fucked up DVDR's well its disrespectful, rude and arrogant.
Ya I would say always send new copies to people, not make new copies for yourself and send us your old shit.
ryan_logan360 is offline   Reply With Quote