Dexter - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 10-15-2006, 01:51 AM   #21
mrsbelalugosi13
Not Dead Yet

mrsbelalugosi13 has no status.

Thumbs up reply

Yes, Dexter is protrayed by Michael C. Hall the same actor that was in "Six Feet Under." He is the only serial killer that you will feel sorry for. He is very likable. I absolutely love the opening credits of the show also.
mrsbelalugosi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:44 AM   #22
kingsoprano718
Not Dead Yet

kingsoprano718 has no status.

!!!!!!!Spoilers and Thoughts/Theories!!!!!!!!!

Ok after having watched three episodes I have the following theories. This is definitely going to be the kind of show you must go back and watch again to see how everything fits.

im terrible with some names so please forgive in advance

1. The hooker killer can be anyone, including dexter himself. He has said he wont cross the line of killing innocents but this may be his alternate personality doing this to himself. The killer could be the police chief because she likes dexter, may love what he does and is trying to get his attention. could be why she tries to stop the sister in her investigation.
Ahhh yes, the sister. She DID find the truck out of nowhere. She may be trying to get dexter's attention or she may also have been affected by her dad, although differently then dexter.
Theres also the cop who slept with the wife of the dead cop. he may have done those murders and h e may hate dexter because he is afraid dexter will find out about him.
lets also not forget that it just may dexters real dad as well

As you can see just from that alone we have a great season ahead of us.Or the killer may be a random nut who gets caught but gets acquitted and returns next season at times to taunt dexter.

either way this is my new favorite show. they BETTER give this one a chance. I have not been this excited for a new series since twin peaks and carnivale

EWCF
kingsoprano718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:13 PM   #23
Dreamkiller666
The Living Dead

Dreamkiller666 is In The Land Of The Metal God's

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbangerhorrorfanatic66
If you've watched Showtime recently, you would have seen, Dexter, well at least it's trailers. It starts October, and I don't think thats a coincidence lol. But it's basically about a guy who's a paramedic (I think, if not, what's he again?) by day and a serial killer at night. And the real twist or catch, I should say, is that he investigates his own murders. Now how cool is that?!

sounds awesome, which channel is it on.
Dreamkiller666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:25 PM   #24
Rob_jerrylee
I Eat Brains!

Rob_jerrylee is I'm Back

I know i wish i had showtime a good friend of mine told me about it and said that i would like this show .
Old 10-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #25
Kamui_X
Send... More... Paramedics

Kamui_X is Infini-Awesome!

This show is awesome...first pay-channel series I've gotten sucked into since Carnivale. Great stuff
Kamui_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:40 PM   #26
Jonesie_Tourniquade
Not Dead Yet

Jonesie_Tourniquade has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to Jonesie_Tourniquade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsoprano718
!!!!!!!Spoilers and Thoughts/Theories!!!!!!!!!

Ok after having watched three episodes I have the following theories. This is definitely going to be the kind of show you must go back and watch again to see how everything fits.

im terrible with some names so please forgive in advance

1. The hooker killer can be anyone, including dexter himself. He has said he wont cross the line of killing innocents but this may be his alternate personality doing this to himself. The killer could be the police chief because she likes dexter, may love what he does and is trying to get his attention. could be why she tries to stop the sister in her investigation.
Ahhh yes, the sister. She DID find the truck out of nowhere. She may be trying to get dexter's attention or she may also have been affected by her dad, although differently then dexter.
Theres also the cop who slept with the wife of the dead cop. he may have done those murders and h e may hate dexter because he is afraid dexter will find out about him.
lets also not forget that it just may dexters real dad as well

As you can see just from that alone we have a great season ahead of us.Or the killer may be a random nut who gets caught but gets acquitted and returns next season at times to taunt dexter.

either way this is my new favorite show. they BETTER give this one a chance. I have not been this excited for a new series since twin peaks and carnivale
Spoilers.......

Good theories, I am also completely caught up in this show as well, I love the theory about it being Dexter, did you notice that when he starts talking to his girlfriend about the murders how he all of a sudden made a sexual advance at her. I thought that that was extremely strange. I'm not exactly sure how it will play out, but I think the more he tries to put the pieces together, the more deranged he is going to become, it should make for an interesting show though.
Jonesie_Tourniquade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:19 PM   #27
mrsbelalugosi13
Not Dead Yet

mrsbelalugosi13 has no status.

Cool reply

I really love your theories also Kingsoprano. Maybe it could be his own faher (Harry Morgan). James Remar has real acting range....for an example he protrayed Dutch Schultz in "The Cotton Club." I love the whole cast because they are not afraid to attempt to bring something unique in each role they bring to the small or big screen. The cast is a "diamond in the rough".
mrsbelalugosi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:53 PM   #28
Kupotek
Send... More... Paramedics

Kupotek is es un gato loco con un cuchillo.

Send a message via AIM to Kupotek

I wouldn't doubt it being his father. Afterall his father had an odd understanding of Dexter which although can be rationalized many ways, leads one to ask questions.

Great show.
Kupotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:03 AM   #29
I am a HORROR movie!!!
The Living Dead

I am a HORROR movie!!! is brooding...

Send a message via MSN to I am a HORROR movie!!!

Gah, Anyone in the UK or Eire know when this will air here? I've seen the first episode. It's fantastic.

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth
I am a HORROR movie!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:09 AM   #30
HurricaneCris

HurricaneCris has no status. Edit

Default Spoilers

This is such a good show.

I don't know if I believe Dex is the Ice Truck Killer though, it doesn't seem to fit. They seem to be angling for a more grounded show, and that's kind of gimicky.

Last edited by HurricaneCris; 11-09-2006 at 10:12 AM.