Dexter - Page 147 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #1461
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

While watching the new episode I told my girlfriend I heard the two new killers are like a religious (perhaps evil) version of Dexter and Harry. A few minutes later she said she didn't think the old guy existed since that would be another parallel between the two duos. I'm also wondering if the people Hanks is killing are bad or not. How would Dexter react if he ran into another killer who only kills killers?

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #1462
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
While watching the new episode I told my girlfriend I heard the two new killers are like a religious (perhaps evil) version of Dexter and Harry. A few minutes later she said she didn't think the old guy existed since that would be another parallel between the two duos. I'm also wondering if the people Hanks is killing are bad or not. How would Dexter react if he ran into another killer who only kills killers?
That seems like the case to me. I kinda wondered about the Edward James Olmos character after the first episode, and the second episode does nothing but re-affirm my thinking. He doesn't help pick up the mannequin pieces (almost going out of his way not to help) and no other character has seen or had any interaction with him.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:16 PM   #1463
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
That seems like the case to me. I kinda wondered about the Edward James Olmos character after the first episode, and the second episode does nothing but re-affirm my thinking. He doesn't help pick up the mannequin pieces (almost going out of his way not to help) and no other character has seen or had any interaction with him.
Spoiler Below

Also, to burn his arm like that and hardly react, then to be fine in the next scene. People aren't that tough.

He's definitely to Hanks what Harry is to Dexter.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:38 PM   #1464
BloodyKatie
Not Dead Yet

BloodyKatie is tugging at your blood-soaked hair.

Send a message via Skype™ to BloodyKatie

I dislike Colin Hanks and Edward James Olmos`characters. Blech.
BloodyKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #1465
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Anton Crowley is losing his crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
Yeah I just finished watching episode 2 of season 6. Got to say that I came to the same conclusion,that Colin Hank's characters life mirrors that of Dexter's (minus a child , so far) I think that goes all the way to his spirit guides who's actually their dark passengers. They speak to them through people that they trusted in their lives. I think that maybe his mentor was maybe some kind of priest or religious minister that probably had some significant effect on him as a child and passed away. But I think unlike Dexter he is a complete slave to his passenger, since Dexter tends to debate and argue with Harry on a lot of things.

The theory is quite plausible.
I'm thinking if it's the case it mirror's Dexter's life more than you posted here. I'm thinking it may be his dad.

During the conversation with his sister he didn't finish "ever since....." So I thought to myself "Dad died?"

Who knows. Since this season seems to be based around Dexter learning about and considering faith, morality and spirituality, it's convenient that the big bad is a religious nut who could very well mirror Dexter's life completely. He could be Dexter's Harry.

And based on the posts I just read after quoting yours I guess this is a popular conclusion.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:08 PM   #1466
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
It works, but it's far too predictable. I'll be disappointed if that's the case.
I hope you are right. It is far too predictable. But it really seems to be going in that direction. If it is the case I hope it's pulled off well.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #1467
Anton Crowley
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klown View Post
I noticed the exact same thing. In that scene I was really paying attention to it. I thinkhe may have picked up and handed him a hand or something insignificant but that's when I started to believe the rumor.

And what you said about no character having any interaction with him is also true. He gives the orders and stays behind.

On a positive note, the garage scene was pretty bad ass. I love it when Dexter goes all superhero.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:13 PM   #1468
Nightmare
The Living Dead

Nightmare is groovy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKatie View Post
I dislike Colin Hanks and Edward James Olmos`characters. Blech.
To be fair they haven't had much time to be developed.

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #1469
BloodyKatie
Not Dead Yet

BloodyKatie is tugging at your blood-soaked hair.

Send a message via Skype™ to BloodyKatie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
To be fair they haven't had much time to be developed.
True fact. But so far...
BloodyKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:08 PM   #1470
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Crowley View Post
I hope you are right. It is far too predictable. But it really seems to be going in that direction. If it is the case I hope it's pulled off well.
If it happens to be the case, I just hope they don't treat it as some big season ending twist. Establish it early, and move on. Kind of like they did with revealing Season One's killer.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote