Screamfest Horror Film Festival - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 09-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
deep red
Not Dead Yet

deep red has no status.

Thumbs up Screamfest Horror Film Festival

http://www.screamfestla.com/

I'm sure most of you are familiar with Screamfest, but for those who aren't here is some background info:

Quote:
Screamfest Horror Film Festival is the largest and longest running horror film festival in the United States. Paranormal Activity, Let The Right One In, 30 Days of Night, Hatchet, Wolf Creek, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon, and Black Death were all premiered at the festival. Some of the largest horror online publications have called it the "Sundance of Horror."

Previously held at Grauman's Mann Chinese 6 in Hollywood, the festival is now held annually at the prestigious Laemmle's NoHo 7 in North Hollywood.

Screamfest premieres and showcases new work from American and international independent horror filmmakers. Many of the filmmakers have garnered distribution and representation as a result of the festival. Screamfest launches careers.
Anyone going to check out any of the films this year? I recently just moved to LA, so I'll likely be checking some out. Clive Barker, John Carpenter, and Eli Roth are on the advisory board, so I figure I can't go wrong. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/recommendations as I am unfamiliar with most the movies. Click here for the 2013 film guide.
deep red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #2
deep red
Not Dead Yet

deep red has no status.

was thinking Torment might be a good one, since it stars Katharine Isabelle.

Sorta liked her in Ginger Snaps, really liked her in American Mary.

Last edited by deep red; 09-30-2013 at 06:11 PM.
deep red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Visitor Q
The Living Dead

Visitor Q has no status.

Looks pretty cool. I'm going to dive a bit deeper into the films their showing, maybe if something sparks my interest I'll take a little trip to Hollywood. Thanks for the heads up.
Visitor Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
TheDarkPoet41
Death's Handmaiden

TheDarkPoet41 is watching Nordic cinema... alone!

I have read about some of these already and were interested in seeing them.. "Butterflies", "Chimeres", "Frost" (Iceland), "The Girl", "Luna" and "Viscera" from film blogs and Film News sites I get emails from. I have already watched "The Seasoning House" and enjoyed it. "The Wretched Prologue" is one I definitely look forward too.

Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.

TheDarkPoet41 is offline   Reply With Quote