The Hobbit - Page 88 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 12-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #871
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Not yet. I've seen the clip of the elf guy killing the captured orc, and the orc did look a bit more natural than the ones in the first movie. That's all I can really comment on.

I really don't like how the main orc leader looks though. He not only looks like a cartoon character, but I find making him entirely CGI really robs the potential of a great performance by an actor. He's a good villain that an actor could really sink their teeth into. That's pretty much my complaint in a nutshell about the over abundance of CGI characters.
I think Azog was improved in DoS (or maybe all of the cgi just looked better in HFR) but he still doesn't look great. I agree... They could have done way better with him. He isn't in this one as much and another Orc kind of takes his place (who looks way better).
Old 12-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #872
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Not yet. I've seen the clip of the elf guy killing the captured orc, and the orc did look a bit more natural than the ones in the first movie. That's all I can really comment on.
As far as I can remember, that particular Orc guy looked damn real and menacing, his tiny fiery eyes were so piercing. After seeing the linked promo clip, I was looking forward seeing him on the big screen. And it delivered. The audience was calm like a deep Winter night, he was that intense.
The other Orcs of the Azog pack were ok too, but not so vividly proportioned as the mentioned one. I wished to see more of them in close-ups instead of wide angle shots, which are quite a lot across the whole movie. And in those, they didn't look very natural, especially when they were moving at a fast pace.

Quote:
I really don't like how the main orc leader looks though. He not only looks like a cartoon character, but I find making him entirely CGI really robs the potential of a great performance by an actor. He's a good villain that an actor could really sink their teeth into. That's pretty much my complaint in a nutshell about the over abundance of CGI characters.
I couldn't get into him as well, he seemed in the first film being cut out of a fantasy video game for minors. They improved his looks in DOS, but he still isn't my favorite villain. The new one, Bolg, is imo a better-looking bad guy. Why they CGIed him as well, I dunno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #873
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Awkwardly calm here it is after the storm, young master Hobbitses.

This time, the awesome score is in the middle of it. That is the last production blog for this movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #874
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

Caught the 2:15 showing of The Hobbit

The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug

What to say! It definitely should of been two movies instead of three it wasn't ended properly.

The over ridden cgi of the orcs disappointed me as in the LOTR trilogy more practical effects were done.

The character of Tauriel all though not in the book I enjoyed BUT I found it pointless with her affection of Kili I mean really do they need a romance???

Highly entertaining even though it had it's puncture wounds of flaws.

Peter at least kept the scenery intact and beautiful so of course it had that middle-earth feel to it. Also the acting was spot on as usual.

All in All 7/10 I will say this much, throughout the whole movie I kept thinking of Godzilla even though I have seen the trailer my anticipation for that film out weighs the next Hobbit installment all though I do hope it ends with a grand finale.

1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
5. Willard
6. Piranha 3D
7. Arachnophobia
8. The Ruins
9. Rogue
10. Orca
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #875
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Is this film essential cinema viewing ?

I ask as a DVD screener has hit the interwebs.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #876
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post

Yes.

There's one long sequence which may be one of the most amazing things I've seen in a theater, and another which is just mind blowing to see in a cinema. Highly recommend not going with the screener.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:50 PM   #877
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sins View Post
Yes.

There's one long sequence which may be one of the most amazing things I've seen in a theater, and another which is just mind blowing to see in a cinema. Highly recommend not going with the screener.
OK. Think I'll wait and go to the cinema.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #878
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
OK. Think I'll wait and go to the cinema.
Yeahhh buddy

Old 12-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #879
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:

1000x Yes
Old 12-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #880
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Caught the 2:15 showing of The Hobbit

The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug

What to say! It definitely should of been two movies instead of three it wasn't ended properly.

The over ridden cgi of the orcs disappointed me as in the LOTR trilogy more practical effects were done.

The character of Tauriel all though not in the book I enjoyed BUT I found it pointless with her affection of Kili I mean really do they need a romance???

Highly entertaining even though it had it's puncture wounds of flaws.

Peter at least kept the scenery intact and beautiful so of course it had that middle-earth feel to it. Also the acting was spot on as usual.

All in All 7/10 I will say this much, throughout the whole movie I kept thinking of Godzilla even though I have seen the trailer my anticipation for that film out weighs the next Hobbit installment all though I do hope it ends with a grand finale.
Not to mention, probably the best on screen dragon... Ever.

I can't wait for Part 3.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote