The Hobbit - Page 69 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #681
Klownz
It... Won't... Die...

Klownz is saying, "And now girls jumping on trampolines!"

I saw The Hobbit a couple weeks ago. It was great. When they started singing the Misty Mountains song, I got chills. Fantastic movie!

1. Animal Factory
2. The Station Agent
3. Mississippi Burning
4. Sleepers
5. The Dark Crystal
6. Porky's
7. Sling Blade
8. Murder on the Orient Express
9. Punk Love
10. Cold Mountain
Klownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #682
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klownz View Post
I saw The Hobbit a couple weeks ago. It was great. When they started singing the Misty Mountains song, I got chills. Fantastic movie!
Yeah, definitely a fulfilling scene for most any fan.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #683
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"......The movie is amazing. The vividness of the colors and light and movement is something to behold. The scenery is, of course, gorgeous. The acting is light, fun, playful, dramatic, and moving while also managing to stay true to the original story. Martin Freeman is great as the younger version of "Bilbo" and is very believable. The merry band of dwarfs are well played and you somehow get to know each of them by the end of the film. Too many to mention but of course the handsome Richard Armitage(Thorin) and sexy Aidan Turner(Kili) are major standouts. Ian McKellen is luminous as "Gandalf" and Hugo Weaving as "Elrond" is splendid once again. It is great to once again see the characters of Elrond, older Bilbo, Sarumon, Galadriel, and Frodo. The esquisite Cate Blanchett back in the role of "Galadriel" is a delight. She portrays that character full of grace, beauty, and mystery!! The scenes with Galadriel and Gandalf are fantastic and I loved seeing actors Blanchett and McKellen in scenes together. The special effects, art direction, music score, cinematography, and makeup effects are all absolutely great. As for the main story, well, apart from doing a prelude that reprises the role of Frodo and older Bilbo Baggins, it pretty much stays true to the text. Also featured are some great action/battle scenes, fun and campy moments, and some nicely done emotional scenes. This first installment of "The Hobbit" is a gem!! Nominated for 3 Academy Awards(visual effects, production design,and makeup), I think this film deserved at least another 4 nominations!!

10/10
Old 01-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #684
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator has no status.

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"......The movie is amazing. The vividness of the colors and light and movement is something to behold. The scenery is, of course, gorgeous. The acting is light, fun, playful, dramatic, and moving while also managing to stay true to the original story. Martin Freeman is great as the younger version of "Bilbo" and is very believable. The merry band of dwarfs are well played and you somehow get to know each of them by the end of the film. Too many to mention but of course the handsome Richard Armitage(Thorin) and sexy Aidan Turner(Kili) are major standouts. Ian McKellen is luminous as "Gandalf" and Hugo Weaving as "Elrond" is splendid once again. It is great to once again see the characters of Elrond, older Bilbo, Sarumon, Galadriel, and Frodo. The esquisite Cate Blanchett back in the role of "Galadriel" is a delight. She portrays that character full of grace, beauty, and mystery!! The scenes with Galadriel and Gandalf are fantastic and I loved seeing actors Blanchett and McKellen in scenes together. The special effects, art direction, music score, cinematography, and makeup effects are all absolutely great. As for the main story, well, apart from doing a prelude that reprises the role of Frodo and older Bilbo Baggins, it pretty much stays true to the text. Also featured are some great action/battle scenes, fun and campy moments, and some nicely done emotional scenes. This first installment of "The Hobbit" is a gem!! Nominated for 3 Academy Awards(visual effects, production design,and makeup), I think this film deserved at least another 4 nominations!!

10/10

I agree. Colorful, gorgeous, epic, exciting storytelling, and just a ton of fun.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #685
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post

I agree. Colorful, gorgeous, epic, exciting storytelling, and just a ton of fun.
Hell yeah!! I so look forward to watching it again soon.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 AM   #686
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klownz View Post
That scene gave me chills as well.

9/10 .. Loved it! It's different then the LOTR trilogy .. But very similar at the same time. I'm interested in seeing how Smaug looks.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 AM   #687
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post

9/10 .. Loved it! It's different then the LOTR trilogy .. But very similar at the same time. I'm interested in seeing how Smaug looks.

I love the soundtrack.

To me, this fits in with the Middle Earth films perfectly. I'm happy this turned out to be fantastic.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #688
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post

Not only that - I hope we will see some epic battles as well, though I think this will happen in the third part.

Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #689
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Blu-ray and DVD release date announced. Mark March 19th.

The extended cut will be expected in the last quarter of this year and might cross the release of the second installment, The Desolation Of Smaug.

I will wait til December for the extended cut.

Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #690
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
Not only that - I hope we will see some epic battles as well, though I think this will happen in the third part.
There will be at least epic battle.

The Battle of Five Armies.

It will probably be along the scale of Helm's Deep, not Minas Tirith.