The Hobbit - Page 61 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:07 AM   #601
Sykopath
The Last Son

Sykopath is doing nothing.

Wow, I'll be completely and utterly shocked if it tops LOTR. I just can't see that happening but like you said; I'll see for myself.
Sykopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:52 AM   #602
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

There was an audience member who said he felt like a Voyeur all the time because of the splendid images and impressions. I never heard that from a moviegoer before. Good paraphrase.

Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:07 AM   #603
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator has no status.

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
I am absolutely sure it will. Aside form the semi-professional song in the end credits, there's no doubt that The Hobbit will deliver grade A stuff. Sure like the Amen in church.
Some said after the premiere, that it tops LOTR, but they didn't say which part. I don't give a shit, I will see it and judge it for myself.
I'm not sure it's going to TOP LOTR, but it'll be quite impressive none the less. I have absolute faith that these films are going to be much better than almost everybody expects.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #604
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

I rather expect it'll easily top LOTR

Some of the things are:

LOTR is a very well known story, and even if you've only seen the 1st movie, things are visually stunning, but events are that surprising really

In The Hobbit, many events come and go as we remember the main adventure, and it's been said part of the reason this is going to 3 movies is that these side stories are being expanded. So we've getting about as much story as the LOTR trilogy, as well as multiple stories instead of fewer main threads in the LOTR

Character focus will prolly also be a lot tighter instead of the jumping around that LOTR has, should be a plus, as well has been the tread in franchises lately. I think people well relate to this trilogy much more easily.

The visuals will prolly be much more impressive since PJ has had his team developing the art and tools, much like George Lucas' ILM has done for his films.

Obviously it's hard to say if PJ will do a better job on these 3 than the last 3, but I'd not be surprised if these 3 become more celebrated than LOTR.
Willowfang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #605
Sykopath
The Last Son

So, I'm guessing Jackson has confirmed it's going to be a trilogy rather than a 2 part series?
Old 11-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #606
Santa
The Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
So, I'm guessing Jackson has confirmed it's going to be a trilogy rather than a 2 part series?
A long time ago, dude.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #607
Sykopath
The Last Son

Well, honestly, I haven't read much about The Hobbit. I've just watched a couple of trailers and that's it. I knew it was going to be a 2 part series but wasn't aware of him changing it to 3. I can't see how that's going to work but I'll give it a shot...if it was posted in here somewhere I guess I missed it.

I'm a huge fan of LOTR, and I just can't see The Hobbit out-doing those movies. Maybe I'll change my mind after a viewing.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #608
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post

Well, honestly, I haven't read much about The Hobbit. I've just watched a couple of trailers and that's it. I knew it was going to be a 2 part series but wasn't aware of him changing it to 3. I can't see how that's going to work but I'll give it a shot...if it was posted in here somewhere I guess I missed it.
I think Jackson is also taking elements from Tolkein's lesser works, to flesh it out.

Quote:
I'm a huge fan of LOTR, and I just can't see The Hobbit out-doing those movies. Maybe I'll change my mind after a viewing.
This thing with this one, is that some of the magic and wonder will be lost. We're not seeing Middle Earth for the first time. It will more than likely still be an amazing trilogy, but it will have a familiar feeling to it all. At least that's what I'm getting from the trailers.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:32 PM   #609
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator has no status.

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I think Jackson is also taking elements from Tolkein's lesser works, to flesh it out.

This thing with this one, is that some of the magic and wonder will be lost. We're not seeing Middle Earth for the first time. It will more than likely still be an amazing trilogy, but it will have a familiar feeling to it all. At least that's what I'm getting from the trailers.
True, but we'll get to see different parts that were only mentioned or less in LOTR. Mirkwood is going to be amazing, too bad we'll have to wait until the 2nd film for that mostly likely.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #610
Santa
The Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
True, but we'll get to see different parts that were only mentioned or less in LOTR. Mirkwood is going to be amazing, too bad we'll have to wait until the 2nd film for that mostly likely.
Not to forget The Misty Mountains with the Stone Giants and the almighty dragon Smaug. Misty Mountains in part one, Smaug in part two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I don't think he holds the rights to Tolkiens Silmarillion, in which everything begins from the very start. Creation, the Gods and all the demigod-like figures and creatures.
Though, I am not sure.