The Hobbit - Page 59 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #581
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoxodo View Post
I think I'd rather watch this, to be honest.
CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #582
Willowfang
has gone to plaid

Willowfang is half Thundercat on his childhood's side

It does look pretty neat, but not very Middle Earth-ish.

May have to watch that but pretty much ignore any Tolken references.
I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.
Willowfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:16 PM   #583
Yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

Yoxodo is melting!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfang View Post
It does look pretty neat, but not very Middle Earth-ish.

May have to watch that but pretty much ignore any Tolken references.
Prolly won't be many references, or anything even slightly Tolkien-ish. l don't think the guys at Asylum read much.
Yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:17 PM   #584
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

So what's the storyline of The Hobbit ?
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #585
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusted31 View Post
So what's the storyline of The Hobbit ?
Bilbo, a hobbit, is sent with a group of thirteen dwarves (and Gandalf) to recover the vast treasure that was stolen by the evil dragon Smaug and restore power and honor to their lineage. During this journey, the group encounters a large number of evil creatures and various troubles (wolves, goblins, rock giants, etc...). Bilbo also finds The One Ring.

That is the basic synopsis of the book, but Jackson is also making this more of a bridge story with the LOTR films so he will be incorporating much material from the LOTR Appendices and also will elaborate on extremely short scenes in the Hobbit or show things that were just mentioned in one sentence or so.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #586
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
Bilbo, a hobbit, is sent with a group of thirteen dwarves (and Gandalf) to recover the vast treasure that was stolen by the evil dragon Smaug and restore power and honor to their lineage. During this journey, the group encounters a large number of evil creatures and various troubles (wolves, goblins, rock giants, etc...). Bilbo also finds The One Ring.

That is the basic synopsis of the book, but Jackson is also making this more of a bridge story with the LOTR films so he will be incorporating much material from the LOTR Appendices and also will elaborate on extremely short scenes in the Hobbit or show things that were just mentioned in one sentence or so.
I saw the preview over the weekend and saw that the dwarves were going on some kind of quest, with Bilbo and Gandalf. Just didn't know what for.

Thanks.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #587
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

All I remember about The Hobbit, was Gandalf convincing Bilbo in The Shire to go with a bunch of dwarves to find some treasure or something.. they meet up with spiders and trolls (who get turned to stone) along the way, and go into some mountains where they get attacked by goblins.. The goblins are cooler than orcs, I think.. then Bilbo gets lost in a cave and meets Gollum, where he steals the magic ring (which had no significance other than helping Bilbo escape).. then they go and find this talking dragon.. and there's a bunch of humans in there for some reason, and they kill the dragon (which sucked because the dragon was cool).. oh, and I remember elves being involved at some point..

That's what I remember from reading the book.
CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #588
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

This is a fan-made comp made of Announcement Trailers, Official Trailer, TV Spot 1 - 7, UK 1 minute TV Spot, Japanese 1 minute TV Spot. I think it is great, the different spots and trailers make kinda sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #589
Santa
The Necromancer

Videoblog Nr. 9 - Postproduction

I would have give my left nut to be part of this. Those people involved in this project are so damn lucky.

Quote:
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #590
Santa
The Necromancer

Great audio stream-interview with Howard Shore, in which he explains his view and approach of his contribution to The Hobbit.

Quote:
Quote: