The Hobbit - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #21
menasyng
BANNED

menasyng is banned.

this sounds good, i remeber that jackson was talkign abotu doing it after he finished king kong, and i was excited about it then, i wish he would get started on it ASAP, why do we need a halo movie anyway? i mean there really isnt much of a story to tell, nothing that deserves the attention of jackson at any rate, esp. if it draws his attention away from bigger and better things such as the hobbit film(s).
menasyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:38 PM   #22
Darth Maul
Fresh Kill

Darth Maul is www.dormitiondesigns.com

Send a message via AIM to Darth Maul

Quote:
Originally Posted by menasyng
nothing that deserves the attention of jackson at any rate, esp. if it draws his attention away from bigger and better things such as the hobbit film(s).
agreed. but he has to supervise Weta while they work on the VE/CGI for the film. but The Hobbit is more deserving to be on the big screen rather than Halo.

Online Portfolio | Album Reviews
Darth Maul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #23
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag

I guess I was wrong in thinking Jackson would have issues with someone else directing this: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30085

DVDs

Recent Flicks
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9/10
Thunderbolt And Lightfoot - 7.5/10
Assault On Precinct 13 (76) - 9/10
The Avengers - 8.5/10
L.A. Confidential - 8.5/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:11 PM   #24
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

The Hobbit Petition Garners Reaction
Fans one step closer to making a Jackson-directed feature happen.

by IGN Staff

October 9, 2006 - When it comes to Hollywood, it looks like the squeaky wheel does indeed get the grease. Case in point: Close to 40,000 fans of J.R.R. Tolkein's The Hobbit are one step closer to seeing Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson helm a big screen adaptation for MGM and New Line Cinema.

As reported on TheOneRing.net, a petition to have Jackson and the effects wizards at Weta Workshop tackle The Hobbit ó whose film rights are dizzyingly split between MGM and New Line ó received 39,116 signatures and was delivered to both studios on Sept. 22. In an unprecedented move, Rick Sands ó COO of MGM ó actually took time out of his schedule to respond to the fan outcry. Here's what he had to say:

"Peter Jackson's phenomenal success with The Lord of the Rings trilogy makes him the first and most ideal choice for directing The Hobbit. MGM would be thrilled to collaborate with the Academy Award-winning director on this MGM New Line Cinema production. And, I'm sure to the delight of the 50,000 filmgoers who have petitioned us in recent weeks, demanding we bring this film to fruition, we have had a few initial conversations about the project with Mr. Jackson's representatives."

DVDs

Recent Flicks
The Avengers - 8.5/10
Old 10-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #25
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Two Hobbit Films Planned
MGM touts twice the LOTR prequel action.

by IGN Staff
October 25, 2006 - MGM and New Line Cinema are moving ever closer to making J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit a big-screen reality. And now it seems that the studios may be planning not one, but two films based on the 1937 fantasy novel.

MGM chief operating officer Rick Sands revealed the plans this past weekend during a trade show in Orlando, Florida, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The Hobbit follows Bilbo Baggins on an adventure with a band of dwarves and the wizard Gandalf as they attempt to reclaim the dwarves' stolen treasure and restore their kingdom

This is the second time in the past month that Sands has publicly commented on the project. A few weeks ago, he issued a statement in response to a fan petition urging MGM and New Line to pursue Lord of the Rings helmer Peter Jackson as the director of The Hobbit.

"Peter Jackson's phenomenal success with The Lord of the Rings trilogy makes him the first and most ideal choice for directing The Hobbit. MGM would be thrilled to collaborate with the Academy Award-winning director on this MGM New Line Cinema production," Sands said.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
The Avengers - 8.5/10
Old 10-26-2006, 05:58 PM   #26
mossy
It... Won't... Die...

mossy is \m/

I guess the question is..do they need to make two movies for it? It's not like it's an overly complex storyline and the book ain't that big either. I personally think it'd suck to spread it out over two chapters. The animated version seemed to cover the story pretty well in a short period of time and if Jackson was to make it a bit longer then that'd be okay. I mean shiieeett...look how many sat through The Two Towers... I thought my ass was gonna drop off and I got so fidgety towards the end someone would have thought I'd had ants in my pants. Difference with the Hobbit is that it ends pretty promptly so no real need to sit through some boring tear jerking end.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:49 PM   #27
Drayton_Sawyer_Best_Cuts
The Living Dead

Drayton_Sawyer_Best_Cuts has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Drayton_Sawyer_Best_Cuts Send a message via MSN to Drayton_Sawyer_Best_Cuts Send a message via Yahoo to Drayton_Sawyer_Best_Cuts

I got a question, is Ian Holm even CGI-'able enough to play a young Bilbo Baggins? Who should they get to replace him, if not so.

:confused:

"I donít care how much you say, that Iím thinkiní frat boy, Iím still not giviní up herb." - Vietnam Joe

Drayton_Sawyer_Best_Cuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:47 AM   #28
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayton_Sawyer_Best_Cuts
I got a question, is Ian Holm even CGI-'able enough to play a young Bilbo Baggins?:confused:
I don't think that's even an option Dray. They'll cast a younging for the role but I have no clue as to who would best fit the part. Maybe an unknown.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
The Avengers - 8.5/10
Old 10-27-2006, 08:50 AM   #29
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...

Sea Hag has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy
I guess the question is..do they need to make two movies for it? It's not like it's an overly complex storyline and the book ain't that big either.
I think this should be one film also. This story can most definitely be told within a 3+ hour movie. But the studios would end up making more money with 2 films and you know it's all about the green.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
The Avengers - 8.5/10
Old 10-27-2006, 10:41 AM   #30
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag
I don't think that's even an option Dray. They'll cast a younging for the role but I have no clue as to who would best fit the part. Maybe an unknown.
When the idea was first thrown around, Warwick Davis was set to star.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote