Freddy Vs. Jason (2003) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 08-27-2006, 09:24 AM   #11
appleOFdiscord
Not Dead Yet

appleOFdiscord has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_RuleS
Loved it! I took it for what it was: a tribute to both franchises and an entertaining blast.
Yeah i agree. I thought it was 100 times better than what i hoped for. Vs movies are usually shit, especially with such established characters (look at AvP for example). FvsJ was fun and kept close to both franchises, i love it
appleOFdiscord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #12
SirStoneyOfBow
It... Won't... Die...

SirStoneyOfBow is gonna jook you with his jook.

People can see it as a "Tribute" - I saw it as a desperate and frankly rather bland attempt to fuck us movie fans over by combining two past it icons/franchises because it was obviously apparent they didnt have the pull to go solo.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #13
MATT PYTHON
It... Won't... Die...

MATT PYTHON is Peace, MFers!

Send a message via MSN to MATT PYTHON Send a message via Yahoo to MATT PYTHON

After 10 years of waiting it obviously couldnt live up to what I was hoping for but yes I do like the movie. It certainly wasnt better or worse than most of the entries in either franchise.

/
MATT PYTHON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #14
Jamie McBain
Fresh Kill

Jamie McBain has no status.

I kind of liked the movie.

My Myspace page http://www.myspace.com/canmoo

My DVD collection
http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?list=owned

How do you know about the machine?

Jamie McBain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:27 AM   #15
kiddcapone
BANNED

kiddcapone has no status.

Freddy vs Jason is both insulting and a complete train wreck. The 1st time I saw it in the movie theater I was actually embarrassed to be a horror fan.

They ignored all previous films and took the movie in a lame direction. "Freddy died by fire, Jason died by water, how can we use that against them ????". Huh? Jason only killed dozens of people IN the water. Every Friday film takes place in a driving rain storm that doesn't faze Jason. Now all of a sudden he can't walk through a light waterfall?

The new Jason looked like shit. He was entirely too tall, his clothes looked like he bought them off the rack at Walmart on sale, his straggly hair looked gay, and even the hockey mask didn't look right. And Freddy? He killed exactly ONE person in the entire film. Plus he managed to keep his super dream power intact after he was pulled from the dream world into the real world? Okay.

The film didn't make sense. The story sucked balls. The characters were all stereotypical ripoffs from other films. And Ronny Wu completely fucked it up with his reimaging and "colors".
kiddcapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #16
MikeBonomo
It... Won't... Die...

MikeBonomo is festival circuit with Assassins

Send a message via AIM to MikeBonomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmont
I know it's been a few years since FvsJ came out, but the tremendous letdown of the whole project still doesn't sit well with me - What could've been a terrifically creative and cool film ended up being a stunningly stupid, pandering, and insulting final product.

The film seems to enjoy a moderately positive reputation among fans, but I just don't get it - The previous films in both franchises weren't loaded with crap like Rn'B stars (that Destiny's Child chick) pop culture fads (Jay clone with the stoner character, Jack Black clone with the fat jock, right down to looks and mannerisms), and stupid "cutting edge" visual tricks (Ronny Yu... ugh).

The older flicks will never be viewed as "great films" by any means, but part of the charm rested in their simplicity, and in the fact that they weren't trying soooo hard to hit a target audience like FvsJ was.
Well, sit I now know not to listen to any more posts from you...as I know that F vs J isn't high entertainment...it is easily one of my favorite films because it is just fun...exactly like it's predicessors so therefore i have no idea where you say that it's not like it's older bretheran...and becuase the cast was made of teen heart throbs doesn't make it anyworse...I was so thrilled to see the girl from Destiny's Child getting the axe...or machete...good film not in my top 20 but has definite replayability

Check out my NEW official website HERE.
MikeBonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #17
967-Evil
Rotting Corpse

967-Evil is once again entering the world of survival horror

This is actually in my top 10.
967-Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #18
John Doe Se7en
I Eat Brains!

John Doe Se7en has no status.

I don't have a problem with it. It's not perfect, but not bad either.
John Doe Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #19
jkrouskop
Fresh Kill

jkrouskop has no status.

Is this actually a serious question? It amazes me every time I run into some fan who believes that his or her opinion/perspective represents that of the majority of people on Earth. It shouldn't amaze me, of course, because it happens all the time. But I cannot get past the hubris displayed when someone asks a question like the one in the subject of this thread. You and your friends and some other people on boards like this hate the movie, so you really aren't sure if anyone on the planet liked it? Honestly? I would have to say that the $80+ million box-office (compared to the paltry returns for JASON X) is probably a pretty good indicator that some people did, considering it made less than half of that total in its opening weekend. It has also done quite well on home video, so some folks out there must be amenable to the prospect of watching it again. With minimal effort, I could undoubtedly supply you with dozens of positive reviews for the film, from both fans and critics.

In other words, yes. Many, many people like FREDDY VS. JASON. Some genuinely love it.

Sheesh! It's no wonder "normal" folks call us horror "geeks".
jkrouskop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:04 PM   #20
Jayy
It... Won't... Die...

Jayy is in bed with Lindy Booth aboard the Sulaco.

It had it's moments but all in all it wasn't that great. Like someone said before, as long as fans waited for another movie, it didn't deliver. I will say though, that it was better than Jason X. Well, anything is better than that piece of shit movie.

Freddy vs Jason - 4/10