SHEITAN- New French Horror... - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 02-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #21
ZantiMisfit
Rotting Corpse

ZantiMisfit is never going to see the Eagles win a Super Bowl in his lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hag View Post
Where to begin with this pile of smegma? Characters... This film is chock full of the most annoying characters you'll ever see. They're generally assholes which I can look passed if they're at least funny assholes but that's not the case at all. Watching this I felt like jumping into the story just so I could smack the shit out of all of'em.

Spoilers:

The motive for killing Bart is something I would come up with at the age of 9. Joseph needs parts for his bastard child's doll??? The inherent dumbness of this flick is beyond comprehension. I felt like throwing my remote at my tv when Joseph came back after being destroyed by a car and when that irritating islamic fucknut made Bart get out of the car at the end. Ugh, fuck these people and this movie...

End Spoilers:

And every review I read (even if they don't like the film) praise Cassell's performance Grinning like an idiot for an hour & a 1/2 just doesn't do it for me I guess. Of course BD's own Tex Massacre gave this a 4/5 rating. (that should speak volumes to anyone who's read that person's reviews) In short, Shitain is one big giant pile of smegma. It's not suspenseful, creepy, scary, funny, gory, interesting, entertaining, etc... I spit on Shitain..

2/10 (the pacing is ok)
I just watched this. And if I had only listened to the Hag I'd have that 90 minutes of my life back. I completely agree with this review (and wouldn't give it more than 2/10 myself). It's like an Eli Roth movie ... in French ... with even more annoying characters (as hard as that is to believe, it's true) ... even less of a story ... much less attractive women ... that NEVER FUCKING GOES ANYWHERE!!! Positive reviews make it seem like a HoaTC kind of thing - but you don't get anywhere near that until the last 15 minutes. And even then you don't get much. Horrible ... just horrible. And it's not bad in a "so bad it's good" way. It's bad in a "why am I wasting my time watching this way.
ZantiMisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #22
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Just watched it and I enjoyed it. It captured a decent atmosphere and was offbeat just enough to keep me interested. It did have some faults as the script was paper thin with the story but there was enough zanyness and entertaiment to keep me into the film. Vincent Cassel was great. It wasn't anything groundbreaking but a fun ride. 7/10.
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #23
PatBateman
Not Dead Yet

PatBateman has no status.

I dont get the hate for this movie, I watched it some days ago for the second time, and it was even better than in the first viewing, what a twisted fucked up funny movie. Will probably watch it sevral times more in the future.

9/10

oh yeah and Cassel rules in this one!
PatBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:10 PM   #24
maynardmorrissey
Fresh Kill

maynardmorrissey is eating cookies for no apparent reason

One of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen. 2/10
maynardmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #25
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

I watched this expecting the worst from all the negative reviews but actually found it be another French horror classic! This film scared me! Hardly any films actually scare me, but that last shot is something only nightmares are made of. This was a crazy, unconventional and demented ride that just forced my jaw open in disbelief. It had such an oppressive atmopshere and was also really funny at the start. Vincent Cassel was immense! I love how he seemed really funny at the start byt then turned into something very creepy. This is a real gem but I can totally understand why people hate it! I however, absolutely 'got' it! FRENCH HORROR IS KING!

10/10

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #26
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorking95 View Post
I watched this expecting the worst from all the negative reviews but actually found it be another French horror classic! This film scared me! Hardly any films actually scare me, but that last shot is something only nightmares are made of. This was a crazy, unconventional and demented ride that just forced my jaw open in disbelief. It had such an oppressive atmopshere and was also really funny at the start. Vincent Cassel was immense! I love how he seemed really funny at the start byt then turned into something very creepy. This is a real gem but I can totally understand why people hate it! I however, absolutely 'got' it! FRENCH HORROR IS KING!

10/10
It was not that great or even jawdroppingly awesome. It sometimes felt a bit over the top, that typical french touch was a bit too present in some scenes, though the atmosphere was ok and the outcome pretty cool.

A 7/10 is sufficient enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote