SHEITAN- New French Horror... - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Foreign Horror

Foreign Horror Discussion for horror films from non US markets

Old 08-17-2006, 12:53 AM   #1
gore_grind
Rotting Corpse

gore_grind has no status.

Default SHEITAN- New French Horror...

Trailer: Trailer (French w/ English subs...)

Synopsis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchfilm
Christmas Eve. In a Paris nightclub, Bart, Ladj and Thai meet two gorgeous girls, Eve and Yasmin. Drunk and out of control, Bart provokes a ruck. Pissed off, the barman smashes a bottle over his skull and kicks him out into the street. All three guys lust blatantly after Eve, who invites them and Yasmin to spend the weekend at her parents' place in the country.

They arrive at dawn, and are met by Joseph and Marie, the caretakers. Marie, hostile and heavily pregnant, is busy making a doll for Christmas. Without paying her too much attention, the gang visits a nearby hot spring, where Bart picks a fight with a group of local kids. A violent confrontation ensues. One of the bumpkins tears a clump of hair from Bart's head, before Joseph intervenes.

Clearly afraid of the sinister caretaker, the locals depart, cursing as they go.

Back at the house, our heroes eat a Christmas dinner of roasted goat. As night falls, their drunken discussion turns to sex, to evil, to the Devil. Joseph, increasingly unsettling, tells the horrible story of a peasant possessed by Satan and forced to impregnate his own sister. Their cursed child was born on Christmas Day. Our lads are too busy chatting up the girls to notice the diabolical trap closing slowly around them, while Marie finishes her strange doll with scraps of Bart's clothing and the tuft of his hair. Then all Hell breaks loose...

Combining anarchic knockabout comedy with nerve-shredding suspense, jet-black humour and gut-wrenching bloody horror, SHEITAN is the first feature from Kim Chapiron, a member of Kourtrajmé, a loose collective of vibrant, cutting-edge young French film makers championed by Vincent Cassel, who produces and stars as the demonic Joseph.
Vincent Cassel appears to be perfectly cast in this as the maniacal Joseph...I'm really looking forward to seeing just how crazy he can be.

I've read that it has gotten some mixed reviews at some of its festival screenings, and I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to view it yet?

Last edited by gore_grind; 08-17-2006 at 09:08 AM.
gore_grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:24 AM   #2
KathyBjelland
Not Dead Yet

KathyBjelland has no status.

Send a message via Yahoo to KathyBjelland

Oh. I saw this from a friend's collection a few days ago. I should have borrowed it. But, I have so many things to do, that I can't watch another movie.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
Kamui_X
Send... More... Paramedics

Kamui_X is Infini-Awesome!

Nice find...the French have been putting out some pretty good thriller/horror films lately, so I'll be keeping my eyes open for this one.
Kamui_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
mehem
Fresh Kill

mehem has no status.

looking foward to this one...looks like it may have one of those "good plops" along the lines of imprint and the brood...
mehem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 08:17 PM   #5
Frances Anne
Fresh Kill

Frances Anne has no status.

Interesting. It seems pretty good . . . I'd like to see this one. Thanks!
Frances Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 06:17 AM   #6
gore_grind
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehem
looking foward to this one...looks like it may have one of those "good plops" along the lines of imprint and the brood...
Hahaha...you sick bastard.

"Good plop." I have to remember that one...
Old 08-21-2006, 10:50 PM   #7
Herodias
Fresh Kill

Herodias has no status.

looks like another movie without any story to me...

god it's so disturbing, weird dolls.... ouhhhh... come on!

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=poumpinedvd
Herodias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:35 AM   #8
Tyger
The Living Dead

Tyger has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Tyger

Just finished watching Sheitan and I'm not really sure how I feel about it, it was better than I expected, but still a disappointment. The characters suck, there is virtually no story, but it does a pretty good job of making you feel uncomfortable. It's kind of like The Ordeal for a younger audience, so if you enjoyed that, Sheitan might be worth checking out... allthough The Ordeal is much better. Vincent Cassell makes a pretty entertaining psycho, he's funny and kind of creepy, but unfortunatly never really feels like much of a threat, he's actually the most likeable character in the movie. Fans of french horror might enjoy Sheitan, but those of you looking for a gore fest with a high body count shouldn't bother.
Tyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:47 PM   #9
gore_grind
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger
The characters suck, there is virtually no story, but it does a pretty good job of making you feel uncomfortable. It's kind of like The Ordeal for a younger audience, so if you enjoyed that, Sheitan might be worth checking out... allthough The Ordeal is much better. Vincent Cassell makes a pretty entertaining psycho, he's funny and kind of creepy, but unfortunatly never really feels like much of a threat, he's actually the most likeable character in the movie. Fans of french horror might enjoy Sheitan, but those of you looking for a gore fest with a high body count shouldn't bother.
I actually saw this about a month ago, and I completely agree...

There was bascially nothing going on in the film of any consequence except the rediculous antics of Cassell's character, Joseph. It almost seemed as if he belonged in an entirely different film...
Old 10-27-2006, 01:50 AM   #10
Rakugaki
Fresh Kill

Rakugaki is playing freezetag with ice picks

Certainly an interesting looking poster. I'll give it a shot.