The Invisible Man (1933) - Page 5 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Classic Horror

Classic Horror From earliest Horror Classics - 1950's.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:05 AM   #41
Boilersuit_Mayhem
Rotting Corpse

Boilersuit_Mayhem is lying on the floor, seemingly dead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyscary View Post
Yes! I think that's what I love most about any practical effect. It's like watching a magician and thinking," How did they do that?"
Very much in agreement. They could make an Invisible Man movie tomorrow and we'd mostly take it for granted that the special effects had been created via PC magic. We wouldn't really give the creation of those modern effects any thought whatsoever.

But these older films? I just love the idea that, one day, the director went up to the special effects guys and said, "This movie needs a scene where an invisible man rides a bicycle" and then they had to come up with practical ways to make it a reality. I admire the inventiveness, the combination of ways in which they achieved those scenes.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #42
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Glad Claude Raines is getting lots of love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
This one is very underrated and overlooked as everyone blows their wad on Dracula, The Wolfman and Frankenstein. Claude Raines is terrifying and hilarious in this, and for an old film the effects are very well done and still hold up today.

This and Black Lagoon are my fave Universal Horror movies.
Frankenstein is my favorite followed by The Wolfman then Black Lagoon. Personally I don't rate Dracula too highly and neither do many critics but everyone remembers and praises its legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilersuit_Mayhem View Post
But these older films? I just love the idea that, one day, the director went up to the special effects guys and said, "This movie needs a scene where an invisible man rides a bicycle" and then they had to come up with practical ways to make it a reality. I admire the inventiveness, the combination of ways in which they achieved those scenes.
Yeah practical effects are like watching a magic trick. When he unwraps the bandages revealing his invisibility I still held the wonderment the audiences must have had back in the day.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #43
ClonedBeef
Fresh Kill

ClonedBeef is off to see the wizard

Default ...

It's hard to believe this was made in the 1930's because it has the polish of something from the 40's when the filmmakers started to iron out some of the wrinkles.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:20 PM   #44
Art School Dropout
Fresh Kill

Art School Dropout has no status.

One of my favorite James Whale films. Claude Rains' voice in this movie is what really sells the character and makes him terrifying.