Inland Empire (2006) - Page 8 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #71
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
The only thing that threw me off about it at first was the actual look of the film. He clearly used cheap cameras to give it kind of an odd feeling. At first I thought it just looked bad, but after seeing the movie four or five times I think it adds to the disturbing nature of the movie. I think it definitely requires repeat viewings. There are elements from each and every one of his prior films present here, and it really is jumbled maze of madness. So in many ways I see how a lot of Lynch fans didn't like this movie. It's his toughest movie to find any meaning in, and that's saying something because I honestly felt like Mulholland Drive was a much more difficult movie to enjoy than this one.
It's a slog to get through, that's for sure. If an hour was shaved off it I may have liked it more but it does go on and on. With no real thread other than Laura Dern linking it all up I found it hard to care about what was actually happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
To me it isn't necessarily the story, agreed on face value the story is shit but for me it's the feeling you get from the film, it creates great tension and you constantly feel that tension on the edge of your seat without ever really knowing what the danger even is. I haven't seen it in a couple years so I might be forgetting something or talking out of my ass I don't know but that's the impression I remember walking away from the film with.
In terms of story there really isn't one. From what I remember Laura Dern is starring in a remake of some Polish film, then it all just tumbles down the rabbit hole. I'm sure there are metaphors about women and how men abuse them or something like that but I find it very hard to care. The film does carry a heavy sense of dread and danger, but again I just found it all too much. A jumbled mess of a movie.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #72
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
It's a slog to get through, that's for sure. If an hour was shaved off it I may have liked it more but it does go on and on. With no real thread other than Laura Dern linking it all up I found it hard to care about what was actually happening.

In terms of story there really isn't one. From what I remember Laura Dern is starring in a remake of some Polish film, then it all just tumbles down the rabbit hole. I'm sure there are metaphors about women and how men abuse them or something like that but I find it very hard to care. The film does carry a heavy sense of dread and danger, but again I just found it all too much. A jumbled mess of a movie.
I've felt that the entire movie is the crying woman watching TV changing channels and Laura Dern is being forced to live out each channel she is switching it to... Although that's putting it simply. Like Lynch himself said about the movie: its about a woman in trouble. Dern isn't the woman in trouble, she is just a character being used as a means to an end in some way.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #73
Ultimate High
Rotting Corpse

Ultimate High has no status.

I blind bought this the year it was released.

My experience in gif form, from the purchase to the watch & feelings during:

Still haven't gotten through it. Worst Lynch effort, ever.

inhale

exhale

Last edited by Ultimate High; 07-01-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Ultimate High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #74
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
I've felt that the entire movie is the crying woman watching TV changing channels and Laura Dern is being forced to live out each channel she is switching it to... Although that's putting it simply. Like Lynch himself said about the movie: its about a woman in trouble. Dern isn't the woman in trouble, she is just a character being used as a means to an end in some way.
I do remember Lynch saying it's about a woman in trouble. I have it on DVD so I might give it another go over the weekend.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:17 AM   #75
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

Quote:
Ooh that's a very interesting interpretation. I think the first time you watch it, there's no point in trying to work it all out, you just have to sit through it and experience the madness. I need to give it another re-watch to formulate what the story may be about.

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote