Repulsion (1965) - Page 2 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Classic Horror

Classic Horror From earliest Horror Classics - 1950's.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:06 PM   #11
GodzillaWakes
Not Dead Yet

GodzillaWakes has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klownz666 View Post
I think am the only horror fan who still hasn't seen this ... its been on my must check out list for fooking years now!
No you aren't alone. I also haven't seen this and it's been in my backlog for years as well.
GodzillaWakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #12
Wonderlust
Fairies Wear Boots

Wonderlust is showing you the dirty side of heaven

I haven't seen it either. I've been thinking about this film all weekend. I think I may watch it.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:39 AM   #13
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
Easily one of Polanski's best films.

You're thrown right into Carol's world with very little context. How long has she been going insane? Has it been days, weeks, or years? All the audience gets to see is that she lives with her sister whose relationship (probably not the first she's ever had) is vapid and based around sex (which Carol is forced to listen to night after night). Despite being quite gorgeous herself, she has never seemed to be able to settle into a relationship. Maybe she hates men, or maybe she's just so shy that she can't stand being around anybody she isn't comfortable with. In any case, Carol is losing it and when she is left alone for an extended period of time, she begins to crack (literally, in a fun way). In no way is this movie boring, you just have to look for all of the right details. Stunning performances, gripping suspense, incredible visuals, and minimalistic storytelling. A masterpiece.

10/10

I recommend the Criterion Collection blu-ray.

though, I wouldn't call it masterpiece, but an exceptionally well-made character study of a disturbed mind. 4/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote