A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) - Page 520 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 04-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #5191
Vomited Soul
Fresh Kill

Vomited Soul has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
Sequel is scratched. And if you have a look, it's more or less just a mammoth opening weekend at everywhere it opened, by the end of it's first week running per area it nose dived. And was critically, and fanbasly panned.
Thank God for small miracles. I can't imagine how they'd fuck up a sequel.
Vomited Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 AM   #5192
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"A Nightmare On Elmstreet (2010)".........This remake was a surprise to me. Good part of the movie? The cast could act!! However the casting of heroine "Nancy" was not the greatest. While Rooney Mara could act....she was not the prettiest looking girl. Plus the writing for the character wasn't the best. The makers should know that the "Nancy" character is a crucial part. I thought Katti Cassidy as "Chris" was a good cast choice and she did a fine job. The whole "Tina" type murder scene was not as great as the original..but it still managed to shock me a little. I also think the (Glenn) character of "Quinton" should have been killed off. I did not like that twist very much. Jackie Haley was good at playing "Krueger". But once again the writing of that crucial character was over the top in some places. Too much dialogue for "Freddy"..and that made the boogeyman seem not as menacing at times. However there is a few good jolts throughgout the movie, some nice bloody gore, and the direction was good. The screenplay could have used more work though. I also think the main characters should have had all the same names as the original (Tina,Glenn,Rod).

5/10
Old 02-22-2013, 02:32 AM   #5193
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"A Nightmare On Elmstreet (2010)".........This remake was a surprise to me. Good part of the movie? The cast could act!! However the casting of heroine "Nancy" was not the greatest. While Rooney Mara could act....she was not the prettiest looking girl. Plus the writing for the character wasn't the best. The makers should know that the "Nancy" character is a crucial part. I thought Katti Cassidy as "Chris" was a good cast choice and she did a fine job. The whole "Tina" type murder scene was not as great as the original..but it still managed to shock me a little. I also think the (Glenn) character of "Quinton" should have been killed off. I did not like that twist very much. Jackie Haley was good at playing "Krueger". But once again the writing of that crucial character was over the top in some places. Too much dialogue for "Freddy"..and that made the boogeyman seem not as menacing at times. However there is a few good jolts throughgout the movie, some nice bloody gore, and the direction was good. The screenplay could have used more work though. I also think the main characters should have had all the same names as the original (Tina,Glenn,Rod).

5/10
Oh HMF. What to say, you poor child.

The acting in this was horrid.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:00 AM   #5194
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:

5/10

GOOD ACTING? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!?

SciFi Originals have better acting you nugget.

'A few good jolts' what? Those 101 Jump Scares? He looks here is Freddy's CG face 'BOO!'

Fucking rubbish. A 5? You just lost all respect. All.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #5195
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post

LOL. No, it wasn't totally horrid. Mara, Cassidy, and Haley were all okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post

GOOD ACTING? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!?

SciFi Originals have better acting you nugget.

'A few good jolts' what? Those 101 Jump Scares? He looks here is Freddy's CG face 'BOO!'

Fucking rubbish. A 5? You just lost all respect. All.

OMG!! Have a stroke why dont you!!! Just because u dont like the reboot, doesnt mean everyone has to hate it.

Last edited by HorrorMovieFan; 02-22-2013 at 10:27 AM.
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #5196
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
LOL. No, it wasn't totally horrid. Mara, Cassidy, and Haley were all okay.

OMG!! Have a stroke why dont you!!! Just because u dont like the reboot, doesnt mean everyone has to hate it.
The mum was in the film for all of 3minutes.

And the fuck you say, boy? That's exactly what it means!

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #5197
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

I don't hate the NOES remake as much as...well...everyone does but Mara gave a lifeless performance in it.

I hate that cunt anyways.

1. Dragon Sound-Friends
2. Alice Cooper-He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)
3. Michael Sembello-Rock Until You Drop
4. Motörhead-Hellraiser
5. The Crypt Keeper-Crypt Jam
6. Gerard McMahon-Cry Little Sister
7. J. Geils Band-Fright Night
8. John McDermott-The Ballad of Harry Warden
9. AC/DC-Who Made Who
10. The Remnants-Bad Taste
11. The Dickies-Killer Klowns From Outer Space
12. Frankie Vinci-Angela's Theme
13. Smokey Miles feat. Adrian Perry - The Hunter
14. Kayne West-Gay Fish
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #5198
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:

5/10
No they couldn't.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #5199
mikeym1979
Fresh Kill

mikeym1979 is feeling kiddish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
I don't hate the NOES remake as much as...well...everyone does but Mara gave a lifeless performance in it.
Pretty much this.

I do enjoy the movie. Gonna give it a watch soon.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #5200
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

ObeySleepConform is the Cigarette Smoking Cunt

THREAD NECROOOOOOOO!

I finally saw this.....I had a sneaking suspicion that it would be about as fun as sitting in a hot tub full of vomit and masturbating with a Freddy glove while a Nikki Minaj album plays in the background.

It wasn't surprisingly.

No. It was actually about as fun as drowning in a hot tub full of vomit and rusty razor blades while my dick gets gnarled off by a school of angry piranhas. While a Kanye West album plays in the background.

Fuck this movie. That is all.

ObeySleepConform is offline   Reply With Quote