A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) - Page 520 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #5191
Vomited Soul
Fresh Kill
 
Vomited Soul's Avatar
Vomited Soul has no status.
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
Sequel is scratched. And if you have a look, it's more or less just a mammoth opening weekend at everywhere it opened, by the end of it's first week running per area it nose dived. And was critically, and fanbasly panned.
Thank God for small miracles. I can't imagine how they'd fuck up a sequel.
Vomited Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 AM   #5192
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!
 
HorrorMovieFan's Avatar
HorrorMovieFan has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,949
Default

"A Nightmare On Elmstreet (2010)".........This remake was a surprise to me. Good part of the movie? The cast could act!! However the casting of heroine "Nancy" was not the greatest. While Rooney Mara could act....she was not the prettiest looking girl. Plus the writing for the character wasn't the best. The makers should know that the "Nancy" character is a crucial part. I thought Katti Cassidy as "Chris" was a good cast choice and she did a fine job. The whole "Tina" type murder scene was not as great as the original..but it still managed to shock me a little. I also think the (Glenn) character of "Quinton" should have been killed off. I did not like that twist very much. Jackie Haley was good at playing "Krueger". But once again the writing of that crucial character was over the top in some places. Too much dialogue for "Freddy"..and that made the boogeyman seem not as menacing at times. However there is a few good jolts throughgout the movie, some nice bloody gore, and the direction was good. The screenplay could have used more work though. I also think the main characters should have had all the same names as the original (Tina,Glenn,Rod).

5/10
__________________
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:32 AM   #5193
Rusted
Paranoid Android
 
Rusted's Avatar
Rusted has no status.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 22,485
Send a message via MSN to Rusted
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"A Nightmare On Elmstreet (2010)".........This remake was a surprise to me. Good part of the movie? The cast could act!! However the casting of heroine "Nancy" was not the greatest. While Rooney Mara could act....she was not the prettiest looking girl. Plus the writing for the character wasn't the best. The makers should know that the "Nancy" character is a crucial part. I thought Katti Cassidy as "Chris" was a good cast choice and she did a fine job. The whole "Tina" type murder scene was not as great as the original..but it still managed to shock me a little. I also think the (Glenn) character of "Quinton" should have been killed off. I did not like that twist very much. Jackie Haley was good at playing "Krueger". But once again the writing of that crucial character was over the top in some places. Too much dialogue for "Freddy"..and that made the boogeyman seem not as menacing at times. However there is a few good jolts throughgout the movie, some nice bloody gore, and the direction was good. The screenplay could have used more work though. I also think the main characters should have had all the same names as the original (Tina,Glenn,Rod).

5/10
Oh HMF. What to say, you poor child.

The acting in this was horrid.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:00 AM   #5194
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
Oxley's Avatar
Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 21,930
Send a message via MSN to Oxley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"A Nightmare On Elmstreet (2010)".........This remake was a surprise to me. Good part of the movie? The cast could act!! However the casting of heroine "Nancy" was not the greatest. While Rooney Mara could act....she was not the prettiest looking girl. Plus the writing for the character wasn't the best. The makers should know that the "Nancy" character is a crucial part. I thought Katti Cassidy as "Chris" was a good cast choice and she did a fine job. The whole "Tina" type murder scene was not as great as the original..but it still managed to shock me a little. I also think the (Glenn) character of "Quinton" should have been killed off. I did not like that twist very much. Jackie Haley was good at playing "Krueger". But once again the writing of that crucial character was over the top in some places. Too much dialogue for "Freddy"..and that made the boogeyman seem not as menacing at times. However there is a few good jolts throughgout the movie, some nice bloody gore, and the direction was good. The screenplay could have used more work though. I also think the main characters should have had all the same names as the original (Tina,Glenn,Rod).

5/10


GOOD ACTING? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!?

SciFi Originals have better acting you nugget.

'A few good jolts' what? Those 101 Jump Scares? He looks here is Freddy's CG face 'BOO!'

Fucking rubbish. A 5? You just lost all respect. All.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Oh HMF. What to say, you poor child.

The acting in this was horrid.
__________________
"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #5195
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!
 
HorrorMovieFan's Avatar
HorrorMovieFan has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 5,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Oh HMF. What to say, you poor child.

The acting in this was horrid.
LOL. No, it wasn't totally horrid. Mara, Cassidy, and Haley were all okay.


Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post


GOOD ACTING? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS!?

SciFi Originals have better acting you nugget.

'A few good jolts' what? Those 101 Jump Scares? He looks here is Freddy's CG face 'BOO!'

Fucking rubbish. A 5? You just lost all respect. All.

OMG!! Have a stroke why dont you!!! Just because u dont like the reboot, doesnt mean everyone has to hate it.
__________________

Last edited by HorrorMovieFan; 02-22-2013 at 10:27 AM.
HorrorMovieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #5196
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
Oxley's Avatar
Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 21,930
Send a message via MSN to Oxley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
LOL. No, it wasn't totally horrid. Mara, Cassidy, and Haley were all okay.




OMG!! Have a stroke why dont you!!! Just because u dont like the reboot, doesnt mean everyone has to hate it.
The mum was in the film for all of 3minutes.

And the fuck you say, boy? That's exactly what it means!
__________________
"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #5197
The Geek
Schlock King
 
The Geek's Avatar
The Geek is dancing with himself!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tromaville
Posts: 12,054
Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek
Default

I don't hate the NOES remake as much as...well...everyone does but Mara gave a lifeless performance in it.

I hate that cunt anyways.
__________________

1. Dragon Sound-Friends
2. Alice Cooper-He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)
3. Michael Sembello-Rock Until You Drop
4. Motörhead-Hellraiser
5. The Crypt Keeper-Crypt Jam
6. Gerard McMahon-Cry Little Sister
7. J. Geils Band-Fright Night
8. John McDermott-The Ballad of Harry Warden
9. AC/DC-Who Made Who
10. The Remnants-Bad Taste
11. The Dickies-Killer Klowns From Outer Space
12. Frankie Vinci-Angela's Theme
13. Smokey Miles feat. Adrian Perry - The Hunter
14. Kayne West-Gay Fish
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #5198
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead
 
Justin_Voorhees's Avatar
Justin_Voorhees has no status.
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ont Canada
Posts: 3,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"A Nightmare On Elmstreet (2010)".........This remake was a surprise to me. Good part of the movie? The cast could act!! However the casting of heroine "Nancy" was not the greatest. While Rooney Mara could act....she was not the prettiest looking girl. Plus the writing for the character wasn't the best. The makers should know that the "Nancy" character is a crucial part. I thought Katti Cassidy as "Chris" was a good cast choice and she did a fine job. The whole "Tina" type murder scene was not as great as the original..but it still managed to shock me a little. I also think the (Glenn) character of "Quinton" should have been killed off. I did not like that twist very much. Jackie Haley was good at playing "Krueger". But once again the writing of that crucial character was over the top in some places. Too much dialogue for "Freddy"..and that made the boogeyman seem not as menacing at times. However there is a few good jolts throughgout the movie, some nice bloody gore, and the direction was good. The screenplay could have used more work though. I also think the main characters should have had all the same names as the original (Tina,Glenn,Rod).

5/10
No they couldn't.
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #5199
mikeym1979
Fresh Kill
 
mikeym1979's Avatar
mikeym1979 is feeling kiddish.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
I don't hate the NOES remake as much as...well...everyone does but Mara gave a lifeless performance in it.
Pretty much this.

I do enjoy the movie. Gonna give it a watch soon.
__________________
mikeym1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #5200
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt
 
ObeySleepConform's Avatar
ObeySleepConform is the Cigarette Smoking Cunt
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cuntsville, USA
Posts: 5,813
Default

THREAD NECROOOOOOOO!

I finally saw this.....I had a sneaking suspicion that it would be about as fun as sitting in a hot tub full of vomit and masturbating with a Freddy glove while a Nikki Minaj album plays in the background.

It wasn't surprisingly.

No. It was actually about as fun as drowning in a hot tub full of vomit and rusty razor blades while my dick gets gnarled off by a school of angry piranhas. While a Kanye West album plays in the background.





Fuck this movie. That is all.
__________________

ObeySleepConform is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC