The Official UFC/MMA Thread - Page 860 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #8591
Se7en
The Bad Guy
 
Se7en's Avatar
Se7en is letting the machete spray
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Void
Posts: 16,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
Pain relief would be handy when getting punched in the face and kicked in the head, no?
Big difference between the numbing, in the moment pain relief that certain pills provide and the gentle, calming relief that weed provides in physical downtime.

You get clocked and you're going to feel that shit no matter what. No amount of weed will stop that. It will, however, help when you're back at home relaxing.
__________________
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #8592
BoOMST1CK
The Living Dead
 
BoOMST1CK's Avatar
BoOMST1CK is so high, i'll never land like mike jacksons crib
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
Big difference between the numbing, in the moment pain relief that certain pills provide and the gentle, calming relief that weed provides in physical downtime.
You can get marijuana in pill form and skin creams, it could have been that, it's not been specified just that it was found in his system. I've only smoked it or ate it so can only comment on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
You get clocked and you're going to feel that shit no matter what. No amount of weed will stop that. It will, however, help when you're back at home relaxing.
Yeah, that's what I said. I doubt he would be using it to his advantage for the fight (cause there isn't one) but most likely post fight, which makes sense.
__________________

BoOMST1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 04:58 PM   #8593
Se7en
The Bad Guy
 
Se7en's Avatar
Se7en is letting the machete spray
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Void
Posts: 16,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
You can get marijuana in pill form and skin creams, it could have been that, it's not been specified just that it was found in his system. I've only smoked it or ate it so can only comment on that.
Can't speak for the creams, but THC pills give about the same high that edibles do. More body based. Doesn't change the overall effect it has concerning pain tolerance or resistance.
__________________
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #8594
BoOMST1CK
The Living Dead
 
BoOMST1CK's Avatar
BoOMST1CK is so high, i'll never land like mike jacksons crib
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
Can't speak for the creams, but THC pills give about the same high that edibles do. More body based. Doesn't change the overall effect it has concerning pain tolerance or resistance.
Really? I'd love to get a hold of some then, nothing like a edible.
__________________

BoOMST1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:40 PM   #8595
Se7en
The Bad Guy
 
Se7en's Avatar
Se7en is letting the machete spray
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Void
Posts: 16,825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
Really? I'd love to get a hold of some then, nothing like a edible.
They're pretty awesome. If I wasn't so obsessed with the social, ritualistic aspect of smoking I'd strictly do them.

Nothing compares to lighting up a joint or a bong
__________________
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:29 PM   #8596
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...
 
Heretic's Avatar
Heretic is up to shenanigans
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 17,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
He wouldn't be using it the help him in the fight, it's probably more for muscle spasticity possibly after the fight or during a grueling training camp.
I think he's just a pothead.

I'd argue that weed is a no-no simply for being illegal, but then you have the cocaine thing with Jones, so I don't get it either.

Regardless, the UFC better start cleaning up their act. Shit's getting embarrassing.
__________________


Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:52 PM   #8597
dead breed
Super Moderator
 
dead breed's Avatar
dead breed is fire walk with me.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hell
Posts: 15,200
Default

Silva on roids really surprised me.

Jones should've been fined and Diaz getting in trouble for some smoke is crazy.
__________________
dead breed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:07 AM   #8598
BoOMST1CK
The Living Dead
 
BoOMST1CK's Avatar
BoOMST1CK is so high, i'll never land like mike jacksons crib
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
They're pretty awesome. If I wasn't so obsessed with the social, ritualistic aspect of smoking I'd strictly do them.

Nothing compares to lighting up a joint or a bong
I've never agreed with you more on these legacy, Se7en. Good stuff, kid. I''m strictly joints, in my younger days it was buckets and bongs but now I just wanna lounge with a doobie, bongzilla still gets hit on special occasions though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I think he's just a pothead.

I'd argue that weed is a no-no simply for being illegal, but then you have the cocaine thing with Jones, so I don't get it either.

Regardless, the UFC better start cleaning up their act. Shit's getting embarrassing.
Fair enough, his brother has been caught with it too? Why don't they just get rid of them if they don't want it in their company? Not like they are big stars or anything.

It's just incredibly strange that weed is a complete no-no but cocaine isn't a banned substance when out of competition, sort it out Dana.

Yeah it is pretty embarrassing but most sports have this problem do they not? They wouldn't be the first anyway.
__________________


Last edited by BoOMST1CK; 02-05-2015 at 06:10 AM.
BoOMST1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:38 AM   #8599
BoOMST1CK
The Living Dead
 
BoOMST1CK's Avatar
BoOMST1CK is so high, i'll never land like mike jacksons crib
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3,529
Default

14 seconds? Rousey could go on to be the most dominant champion in the UFC, don't see anyone beating her. Unless they get their finger out and get Cyborg on the roster.
__________________

BoOMST1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC