Game Of Thrones - Page 29 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #281
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Great finale of an okay season. This was the first season that I really noticed the problem of it having too many storylines going on at once. I thought the big moments in this season were missing a bit of a punch, especially the whole Tyrion/Tywin/Shae arc. Shae just turned into an absolute bitch out of nowhere, and I didn't buy it. She was such a devoted and noble woman when she was with Tyrion, and within about five combined minutes of screentime throughtout this season, she turned into a vindictive cunt who could be bought by the Lannisters, wanted Tyrion dead, and was sleeping with.....Tywin? I get how it's supposed to be a very low move by Tywin, and be the final straw for Tyrion, but I thought the whole scenario was pretty sloppily put together, and rushed.

Enough of the negativity though. That Hound/Brienne fight was SPECTACULAR. Medievil movies could learn a thing or two from that scene. Swordfighting isn't some choreographed dance. It's two people swinging pieces of sharp metal at each other, and it gets dirty and rough. People get puched, bitten, and sometimes they get kicked square in the box. Such an awesome fight, and a great end to the Hound/Aria story. It was probably the best arc all season.

Overall, it's probably my least favorite season, but still pretty damn good and head and shoulders above any other show on the air right now.

It's going to be another looooong 9 months.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #282
never ready
It... Won't... Die...

never ready is still not ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Great finale of an okay season. This was the first season that I really noticed the problem of it having too many storylines going on at once. I thought the big moments in this season were missing a bit of a punch, especially the whole Tyrion/Tywin/Shae arc. Shae just turned into an absolute bitch out of nowhere, and I didn't buy it. She was such a devoted and noble woman when she was with Tyrion, and within about five combined minutes of screentime throughtout this season, she turned into a vindictive cunt who could be bought by the Lannisters, wanted Tyrion dead, and was sleeping with.....Tywin? I get how it's supposed to be a very low move by Tywin, and be the final straw for Tyrion, but I thought the whole scenario was pretty sloppily put together, and rushed.

Enough of the negativity though. That Hound/Brienne fight was SPECTACULAR. Medievil movies could learn a thing or two from that scene. Swordfighting isn't some choreographed dance. It's two people swinging pieces of sharp metal at each other, and it gets dirty and rough. People get puched, bitten, and sometimes they get kicked square in the box. Such an awesome fight, and a great end to the Hound/Aria story. It was probably the best arc all season.

Overall, it's probably my least favorite season, but still pretty damn good and head and shoulders above any other show on the air right now.

It's going to be another looooong 9 months.
Great post. I loved this past season, but all of criticisms are valid.

If you could see inside my head - you'd run
http://never-ready.dvdaf.com/owned
Sig by rayzorsharp
never ready is offline   Reply With Quote