Thanatomorphose (2012) - Page 4 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Independent Horror

Independent Horror Indie horror films

Old 01-01-2014, 04:25 AM   #31
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

I know Wonderlust has seen both.

I'd say check this out; if nothing else it's a good showcase of prac special effects.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:03 AM   #32
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post
I know Wonderlust has seen both.

I'd say check this out; if nothing else it's a good showcase of prac special effects.
Looking more & more likely that I might do that.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:14 AM   #33
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Its no masterpiece. Im glad I watched it though. I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:13 AM   #34
Jayy
It... Won't... Die...

Jayy is in bed with Lindy Booth aboard the Sulaco.

The movie was ok. No replay value what so ever.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:29 PM   #35
zigwardScissorHands
Fresh Kill

zigwardScissorHands is eating skittles, vomiting rainbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sins View Post
Has anyone else checked both this and Contracted out?

How do they compare? I liked Contracted on first viewing and like it even more as time has passed. Wondering if Thanato is worth checking out.
Contracted is leaps and bounds better than Thanatomorphose. I liked both but I have no desire to watch Thanatomorphose again but I will happily watch Contracted.

Thanatomorphose is very indie and looks it. Beyond the special effects it looks pretty cheap. It is very slow (maybe too slow for its own good) and very bleak. Possibly the most bleak film I have ever seen. Contracted is more Hollywood but this is not a bad thing. The movie looks nice, like they could afford a competent cinematographer and the actors can actually act (except for the English punk chick but otherwise all good). Both films have similar themes about sexuality but Contracted does it far better. I actually cared about what happened to the lead girl where in Thanatomorphose its themes, story, everything take a massive back seat to pouring body fluids all over the place.

Thanatomorphose does a better job of special effects and gross out moments. It is completely depressing and contains little to no story.

Contracted has a better story, characters and is far more entertaining. The special effects are more subtle but thats ok because there is more to it than 100 minutes of gross out moments.
zigwardScissorHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:00 AM   #36
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigwardScissorHands View Post
Contracted is leaps and bounds better than Thanatomorphose. I liked both but I have no desire to watch Thanatomorphose again but I will happily watch Contracted.

Thanatomorphose is very indie and looks it. Beyond the special effects it looks pretty cheap. It is very slow (maybe too slow for its own good) and very bleak. Possibly the most bleak film I have ever seen. Contracted is more Hollywood but this is not a bad thing. The movie looks nice, like they could afford a competent cinematographer and the actors can actually act (except for the English punk chick but otherwise all good). Both films have similar themes about sexuality but Contracted does it far better. I actually cared about what happened to the lead girl where in Thanatomorphose its themes, story, everything take a massive back seat to pouring body fluids all over the place.

Thanatomorphose does a better job of special effects and gross out moments. It is completely depressing and contains little to no story.

Contracted has a better story, characters and is far more entertaining. The special effects are more subtle but thats ok because there is more to it than 100 minutes of gross out moments.
That's part of what I loved about Contracted. It didn't look like an indie horror movie at all. I feel like I could go into it not knowing anything and think it was produced by Lionsgate or some shit.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #37
Splat
Fresh Kill

Splat is basking in the goresomeness that is Extreme Horror Cinema!

Loved Thanatomorphose myself but then each to their own. Liked the slower pace and bleakness to it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...x/7376882#home

www.extremehorrorcinema.com
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #38
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Just finished this... quite a show. Truly a disgusting and horrid piece of cinema full of dread and hopelessness.

Amazing practical effects and an outstanding performance from t he lead (although everybody else was bad)... Not much of a story but one could easily see this as a highly metaphoric or analogous movie. Very few movies have given me such a strong sense of desperation and grossness. Very effective, although certainly not perfect.

8.5/10