Rob Zombie's Halloween (2007) Reviews (Spoilers) - Page 397 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

View Poll Results: Thoughts on Halloween (2007)
It's Great! 185 33.21%
It's Shit! 201 36.09%
It's.... alright. 171 30.70%
Voters: 557. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2012, 02:13 AM   #3961
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Rob Zombie's "Halloween"(2007).....Where to begin with this one? The casting was all over the place. Sheri Moon Zombie was pretty good, Danielle Harris is always great to watch, Daeg Faerch was frickin' awesome, and Scout Taylor Compton was "ok". Her screaming got really annoying after awhile towards the end of the movie. Malcolm McDowell was so hammy and mediocre for most of his scenes. What a disgrace!! Tyler Mane as Michael Myers is terrific!! That huge big daddy was overwhelming as hell and had wonderful screen presence!! Great choice to play Michael!! The music is also pretty good. Storyline was alright for the most part,but many of the changes Zombie made were glaring out at us die hard Halloween fans. So I can see why many fans were livid with this remake. Brad Dourif was hammy and campy and was just as bad as McDowell. Like come on, these guys are suppose to be VETS!! Their acting in was so wooden and robotic and barely had any emotion. It is like they just "read" their lines!! I didnt like the ending too much either. Why change the ending so drastically? Zombie should have shot it like the original. Anyways, I am very happy to see the lovely Danielle Harris back in the series and thought she was terrific as "Annie"!! On an end note..what the hell was with all the guys with long greasy hair? 4 guys including Daeg all had that hippi like long hair that looked nasty!! It is also a shame Adrienne Barbeau's scenes were cut from the original release. I thought it would have been a great cameo. After all..she is a great veteran of the horror/sci fi films. All in all this version of the 70's classic is not a great one...but it is good.

6.5/10
Old 10-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #3962
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
Rob Zombie's "Halloween"(2007).....Where to begin with this one? The casting was all over the place. Sheri Moon Zombie was pretty good, Danielle Harris is always great to watch, Daeg Faerch was frickin' awesome, and Scout Taylor Compton was "ok". Her screaming got really annoying after awhile towards the end of the movie. Malcolm McDowell was so hammy and mediocre for most of his scenes. What a disgrace!! Tyler Mane as Michael Myers is terrific!! That huge big daddy was overwhelming as hell and had wonderful screen presence!! Great choice to play Michael!! The music is also pretty good. Storyline was alright for the most part,but many of the changes Zombie made were glaring out at us die hard Halloween fans. So I can see why many fans were livid with this remake. Brad Dourif was hammy and campy and was just as bad as McDowell. Like come on, these guys are suppose to be VETS!! Their acting in was so wooden and robotic and barely had any emotion. It is like they just "read" their lines!! I didnt like the ending too much either. Why change the ending so drastically? Zombie should have shot it like the original. Anyways, I am very happy to see the lovely Danielle Harris back in the series and thought she was terrific as "Annie"!! On an end note..what the hell was with all the guys with long greasy hair? 4 guys including Daeg all had that hippi like long hair that looked nasty!! It is also a shame Adrienne Barbeau's scenes were cut from the original release. I thought it would have been a great cameo. After all..she is a great veteran of the horror/sci fi films. All in all this version of the 70's classic is not a great one...but it is good.

6.5/10
oh yeah pretty much this.

(6/10)
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #3963
NightmareWarrior
Rotting Corpse

NightmareWarrior has no status.

Rob Zombie proves why he is the master of horror. I actually prefer the remake to the original since its Rob and he just masters everything.
NightmareWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #3964
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
Rob Zombie proves why he is the master of horror. I actually prefer the remake to the original since its Rob and he just masters everything.
Alright enough of the stupidity. We get it......you like Rob Zombie. What you don't get is some (probably most) people don't like Rob Zombie around here. Both opinions are welcome. But this post, and a few other recent ones, is just trolling pretty much. Get over it -- Rob Zombie is not well liked by some horror fans (and that's alright NW.....not everybody must hold your opinion).
Outpost #31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #3965
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
Alright enough of the stupidity. We get it......you like Rob Zombie. What you don't get is some (probably most) people don't like Rob Zombie around here. Both opinions are welcome. But this post, and a few other recent ones, is just trolling pretty much. Get over it -- Rob Zombie is not well liked by some horror fans (and that's alright NW.....not everybody must hold your opinion).
This...

Would someone ban this stupid fuck already? I am not bashing his opinions, however I find his liking these shit remakes so much and saying they are better than the originals to be horse shit. IMO this dick has no relevance here in such a place where classic cinema is appreciated and untolerable to these trendy piece of shit remakes. Im sorry if this might piss off a few mods but NW can go fuck himself.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #3966
mikeym1979
Fresh Kill

mikeym1979 is feeling kiddish.

Why can't NW prefer the remake to the original? It's his preference/taste/opinion.

The original will always slay the lessor that is the remake for me tbh