X-Men: Days Of Future Past (2014) - Page 15 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #141
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
Aside from Kevin Bacon I found all of the mutants in First Class to be boring. I can't even begin to describe how much January Jones pissed me off.

Love me some Wolverine, and his story in Days was great. I do get your point as it does sometimes seem like the X-Men Universe revolves around him but I thought he served his purpose well here. He seemed to have more to do than beat up fools and spit out cheesy one liners. The stuff with him, Charles, and Magneto was all dope.

LOVED the end scene as well.
January Jones is defintiely the weak link in FC but I love it cause it's essentially Magnetos origin film and he's my fave x Men character.

Wolverine did have a good part in DoFP but one thing that I cannot buy is J Law as Mystique. To me she's just J Law in blue body paint. Much prefer Rebecca Romjin Stamos
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:36 PM   #142
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Wolverine did have a good part in DoFP but one thing that I cannot buy is J Law as Mystique. To me she's just J Law in blue body paint. Much prefer Rebecca Romjin Stamos
I agree with you but is that because J. Law didn't do a good job or is that because she has become one of the biggest stars in Hollywood these last two years? Separating her name from her character is going to be difficult no matter who she plays at this point.

I went back and watched some clips from the first two X-Men movies and I think I prefer the entire look and feel of those films to these prequels... that can only take you so far and as of right now I still think these last two are better but these movies feel a little too smooth and fluent while the others are much more grimy and rougher looking.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:40 PM   #143
Alkaline
It... Won't... Die...

Alkaline has no status.

Quote:
Well this is a prequel, so the new "old" versions of the characters should be the ones focused on the most.

That said, Wolverine was involved in almost everything since the start. He's only gone about ten minutes after

Spoiler Below
Magneto deals with him. Even after that the film closes with him.
Like I said, I'm just nitpicking. I'm sure it was a conscious and intended thing to do on their part. I just thought it was pretty jarring.

As for Mystique... I prefer Romijn because of the way the she carries herself. I don't know if graceful is the right word, but from the way she looks at somebody to the way she moves, there's a style to it that feels very natural for her, but it never comes across as normal. I don't know how to describe it, but it works well. I don't get that from Lawrence.
Alkaline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:40 AM   #144
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Quote:
I agree with you but is that because J. Law didn't do a good job or is that because she has become one of the biggest stars in Hollywood these last two years? Separating her name from her character is going to be difficult no matter who she plays at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
Like I said, I'm just nitpicking. I'm sure it was a conscious and intended thing to do on their part. I just thought it was pretty jarring.

As for Mystique... I prefer Romijn because of the way the she carries herself. I don't know if graceful is the right word, but from the way she looks at somebody to the way she moves, there's a style to it that feels very natural for her, but it never comes across as normal. I don't know how to describe it, but it works well. I don't get that from Lawrence.
What Alkaline said.

Stamos has a natural sleekness to her which suits the character to a T.

J Law just comes across as J Law in blue body paint.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #145
Dr. McStuffin
Rotting Corpse

Dr. McStuffin is making the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!

This was pretty damn good. Singer did quite a few amazing tricks here I have to say. He salvaged the series and connected the eras. That scene with
Spoiler Below
Quicksilver = mind blown

I wanted more action, since The Avengers set such a high bar. That would be my only gripe. Otherwise, this was smart and brilliantly cast. This is almost as great as X2. I can't wait to see this again.
Dr. McStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #146
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

I also prefer Rebecca Romjin Stamos in the role. Lawrence isn't bad but her Mystique comes across as a very pig like. Pigstique if you will.

Plus it doesn't help she's sharing the screen with McAvoy and Fassbender.

Bow to your King

B-Movie Madness
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #147
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

I went and saw this again today. Not that I didn't like it the first time, cause I did, but I enjoyed it heaps better on the second viewing. The whole climax and the way it cut between the past and present is so well done.

On par with X2 for sure but First Class is still my fave.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #148
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McStuffin View Post
That scene with
Spoiler Below
Quicksilver = mind blown
I was pissed when I realized he wasn't coming back after that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
I went and saw this again today. Not that I didn't like it the first time, cause I did, but I enjoyed it heaps better on the second viewing. The whole climax and the way it cut between the past and present is so well done.

On par with X2 for sure but First Class is still my fave.
I liked it about the same on my second viewing but the awkwardness between going from the scenes in the past to the scenes at the monastery was much more clear the second time around.

An extra ten or fifteen minutes with the characters in the present would have helped a lot in ridding the feelings of randomness those scenes brought.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #149
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier

Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers

New snippet of the script for Apocalypse!!

1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
5. Willard
6. Piranha 3D
7. Arachnophobia
8. The Ruins
9. Rogue
10. Orca
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote