X-Men: Days Of Future Past (2014) - Page 15 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #141
Rusted
Paranoid Android
 
Rusted's Avatar
Rusted has no status.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 23,016
Send a message via MSN to Rusted
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
Aside from Kevin Bacon I found all of the mutants in First Class to be boring. I can't even begin to describe how much January Jones pissed me off.

Love me some Wolverine, and his story in Days was great. I do get your point as it does sometimes seem like the X-Men Universe revolves around him but I thought he served his purpose well here. He seemed to have more to do than beat up fools and spit out cheesy one liners. The stuff with him, Charles, and Magneto was all dope.

LOVED the end scene as well.
January Jones is defintiely the weak link in FC but I love it cause it's essentially Magnetos origin film and he's my fave x Men character.

Wolverine did have a good part in DoFP but one thing that I cannot buy is J Law as Mystique. To me she's just J Law in blue body paint. Much prefer Rebecca Romjin Stamos
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:36 PM   #142
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...
 
Se7en's Avatar
Se7en is blazin'
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Void
Posts: 13,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Wolverine did have a good part in DoFP but one thing that I cannot buy is J Law as Mystique. To me she's just J Law in blue body paint. Much prefer Rebecca Romjin Stamos
I agree with you but is that because J. Law didn't do a good job or is that because she has become one of the biggest stars in Hollywood these last two years? Separating her name from her character is going to be difficult no matter who she plays at this point.

I went back and watched some clips from the first two X-Men movies and I think I prefer the entire look and feel of those films to these prequels... that can only take you so far and as of right now I still think these last two are better but these movies feel a little too smooth and fluent while the others are much more grimy and rougher looking.
__________________
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:40 PM   #143
Alkaline
It... Won't... Die...
 
Alkaline's Avatar
Alkaline has no status.
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 9,030
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
Well this is a prequel, so the new "old" versions of the characters should be the ones focused on the most.

That said, Wolverine was involved in almost everything since the start. He's only gone about ten minutes after

Spoiler Below
Magneto deals with him. Even after that the film closes with him.
Like I said, I'm just nitpicking. I'm sure it was a conscious and intended thing to do on their part. I just thought it was pretty jarring.

As for Mystique... I prefer Romijn because of the way the she carries herself. I don't know if graceful is the right word, but from the way she looks at somebody to the way she moves, there's a style to it that feels very natural for her, but it never comes across as normal. I don't know how to describe it, but it works well. I don't get that from Lawrence.
Alkaline is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 04:40 AM   #144
Rusted
Paranoid Android
 
Rusted's Avatar
Rusted has no status.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 23,016
Send a message via MSN to Rusted
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
I agree with you but is that because J. Law didn't do a good job or is that because she has become one of the biggest stars in Hollywood these last two years? Separating her name from her character is going to be difficult no matter who she plays at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkaline View Post
Like I said, I'm just nitpicking. I'm sure it was a conscious and intended thing to do on their part. I just thought it was pretty jarring.

As for Mystique... I prefer Romijn because of the way the she carries herself. I don't know if graceful is the right word, but from the way she looks at somebody to the way she moves, there's a style to it that feels very natural for her, but it never comes across as normal. I don't know how to describe it, but it works well. I don't get that from Lawrence.
What Alkaline said.

Stamos has a natural sleekness to her which suits the character to a T.

J Law just comes across as J Law in blue body paint.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:54 PM   #145
Dr. McStuffin
Rotting Corpse
 
Dr. McStuffin's Avatar
Dr. McStuffin is making the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the woods behind Taco Bell
Posts: 1,685
Default

This was pretty damn good. Singer did quite a few amazing tricks here I have to say. He salvaged the series and connected the eras. That scene with
Spoiler Below
Quicksilver = mind blown


I wanted more action, since The Avengers set such a high bar. That would be my only gripe. Otherwise, this was smart and brilliantly cast. This is almost as great as X2. I can't wait to see this again.
Dr. McStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #146
The Geek
Schlock King
 
The Geek's Avatar
The Geek is dancing with himself!
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tromaville
Posts: 13,260
Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek
Default

I also prefer Rebecca Romjin Stamos in the role. Lawrence isn't bad but her Mystique comes across as a very pig like. Pigstique if you will.

Plus it doesn't help she's sharing the screen with McAvoy and Fassbender.
__________________

Bow to your King

B-Movie Madness
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:09 AM   #147
Rusted
Paranoid Android
 
Rusted's Avatar
Rusted has no status.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 23,016
Send a message via MSN to Rusted
Default

I went and saw this again today. Not that I didn't like it the first time, cause I did, but I enjoyed it heaps better on the second viewing. The whole climax and the way it cut between the past and present is so well done.

On par with X2 for sure but First Class is still my fave.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #148
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...
 
Se7en's Avatar
Se7en is blazin'
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Void
Posts: 13,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McStuffin View Post
That scene with
Spoiler Below
Quicksilver = mind blown
I was pissed when I realized he wasn't coming back after that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
I went and saw this again today. Not that I didn't like it the first time, cause I did, but I enjoyed it heaps better on the second viewing. The whole climax and the way it cut between the past and present is so well done.

On par with X2 for sure but First Class is still my fave.
I liked it about the same on my second viewing but the awkwardness between going from the scenes in the past to the scenes at the monastery was much more clear the second time around.

An extra ten or fifteen minutes with the characters in the present would have helped a lot in ridding the feelings of randomness those scenes brought.
__________________
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #149
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 10,169
Default

New snippet of the script for Apocalypse!!

__________________
(2014) Horror Draft!


1. Jaws
2. Cujo
3. Monkey Shines
4. The Birds
5. Willard
6. Piranha 3D
7. Arachnophobia
8. The Ruins
9. Rogue
10. Orca
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC