Black Metal - Page 97 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #961
Tool Shed
I Ban People
 
Tool Shed's Avatar
Tool Shed is swimming.
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ω (San Francisco)
Posts: 15,177
Default

Awesome tracks! The vocals on the Svartpest are insane! Going to look up some more stuff from these two bands. I've been listening to a lot of BM, lately. Death Fortress, Hate Forest, Hypothermia, Woods of Infinity, Make a Change...Kill Yourself, Sombres Forets, and some other stuff! Looking for some new tracks.
__________________

Tool Shed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:43 PM   #962
WodenHorde
The Living Dead
 
WodenHorde's Avatar
WodenHorde is weeping for the future.
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Blahville
Posts: 2,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
Death Fortress, Hate Forest, Hypothermia, Woods of Infinity, Make a Change...Kill Yourself, Sombres Forets, and some other stuff! Looking for some new tracks.
You'd probably like Totalselfhatred, Drapsnatt & Woods of Desolation.

Misogi & Hakuja are pretty good acts from Japan to look into. Hakuja is sort of like a Japanese Lutomysl. Misogi is raw folk black with some prog.
__________________

Infini-Tropolis
WodenHorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #963
Santa
The Necromancer
 
Santa's Avatar
Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dol Guldur
Posts: 12,111
Default

A bit more accessible stuff, yet still ok imo.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post


This kills indeed. Couldn't find any rips of this album yet. Please help.
__________________
"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
Scott Vogel from Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #964
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse
 
Yggdrasil's Avatar
Yggdrasil is tearing at the fabric of reality.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway.
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Sangre View Post
A bit more accessible stuff, yet still ok imo.


This kills indeed. Couldn't find any rips of this album yet. Please help.
I love Coldworld.

The only place (other than youtube) I've seen the full Svartpest album, is on Spotify.

Last edited by Yggdrasil; 03-04-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #965
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...
 
The Bear Jew's Avatar
The Bear Jew is the Sadie Saxton of BD...
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lees Summit, MO
Posts: 16,079
Default

I definitely want to check out some Black Metal bands so any help would be greatly appreciated

I really like 1349 if that helps at all...
__________________
The Bear Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #966
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse
 
Yggdrasil's Avatar
Yggdrasil is tearing at the fabric of reality.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway.
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear Jew View Post
I definitely want to check out some Black Metal bands so any help would be greatly appreciated

I really like 1349 if that helps at all...
1349 is awesome.

I'll just post some of my favorite bands:

Shining - Depressive black metal from Sweden. One of my favorite bands.
Silencer - Damn fine depressive black metal from Sweden as well.
Mayhem - Pioneers in Norwegian black metal. You should check out De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, their best album, IMO.
Burzum - Earlier albums are black metal, while the newer ones are more folk metal.
Thorr's Hammer - Fantastic female fronted black metal.
Vreid
Taake
Troll
Carach Angren - Symphonic Black Metal with a special storytelling style.
Behemoth and Belphegor - Two bands that mix death metal and black metal.
Nachtmystium
Svartpest
Old's Man Child
Nattefrost
Gorgoroth & Godseed
Striborg
Sigh - Japanese Black Metal mixed with Jazz.
Sykdom
Totalselfhatred
Tsjuder
Urgehal
Xasthur
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #967
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...
 
The Bear Jew's Avatar
The Bear Jew is the Sadie Saxton of BD...
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lees Summit, MO
Posts: 16,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
1349 is awesome.

I'll just post some of my favorite bands:

Shining - Depressive black metal from Sweden. One of my favorite bands.
Silencer - Damn fine depressive black metal from Sweden as well.
Mayhem - Pioneers in Norwegian black metal. You should check out De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, their best album, IMO.
Burzum - Earlier albums are black metal, while the newer ones are more folk metal.
Thorr's Hammer - Fantastic female fronted black metal.
Vreid
Taake
Troll
Carach Angren - Symphonic Black Metal with a special storytelling style.
Behemoth and Belphegor - Two bands that mix death metal and black metal.
Nachtmystium
Svartpest
Old's Man Child
Nattefrost
Gorgoroth & Godseed
Striborg
Sigh - Japanese Black Metal mixed with Jazz.
Sykdom
Totalselfhatred
Tsjuder
Urgehal
Xasthur


I'm currently downloading discography's from 1349, Marduk and Mayhem...Xasthur is a personal favorite of mine! Didn't he record a song while inside a casket inside a hearse?
__________________
The Bear Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #968
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse
 
Yggdrasil's Avatar
Yggdrasil is tearing at the fabric of reality.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway.
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear Jew View Post


I'm currently downloading discography's from 1349, Marduk and Mayhem...Xasthur is a personal favorite of mine! Didn't he record a song while inside a casket inside a hearse?
No sure.

There's been a lot of the more eccentric types in black metal, like the members of Stalaggh kidnapping mental patients and making them howl in an empty church or something. Also, there's Natteramn from Silencer who attacked a kid with an axe (the kid didn't get killed or hurt that bad, from what I remember). He got put in a mental institution after that. It's also said that he replaced his hands with the feet of a pig (that's just a rumor based on one of the pics of him).
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #969
The Bear Jew
It... Won't... Die...
 
The Bear Jew's Avatar
The Bear Jew is the Sadie Saxton of BD...
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lees Summit, MO
Posts: 16,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
No sure.

There's been a lot of the more eccentric types in black metal, like the members of Stalaggh kidnapping mental patients and making them howl in an empty church or something. Also, there's Natteramn from Silencer who attacked a kid with an axe (the kid didn't get killed or hurt that bad, from what I remember). He got put in a mental institution after that. It's also said that he replaced his hands with the feet of a pig (that's just a rumor based on one of the pics of him).

Have you read the book "Lords Of Chaos" Yggdrasil?

__________________
The Bear Jew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #970
Yggdrasil
Rotting Corpse
 
Yggdrasil's Avatar
Yggdrasil is tearing at the fabric of reality.
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway.
Posts: 2,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bear Jew View Post
Have you read the book "Lords Of Chaos" Yggdrasil?

Nah, but I know the whole story of Varg Vikernes and all that jazz.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC