What's your favorite/least favorite found footage horror movie? - Page 41 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > General Horror Talk

General Horror Talk Does it have something to do with horror? Does it not fit in anywhere else? Post It Here!

Old 09-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #401
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
Why's that exactly? I really enjoyed it so I am very curious why you feel this way about it.
I think he's saying that the people in the film pissed him off, not that the documentary wasn't good.

About to watch The Wicksboro Incident. Will report back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Attention whore.

I've said it a couple times before, and I'll say it again. There is only one Oxley, and you ain't him bub. Quit feigning crazy. It's getting pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Se7en...STFU. Stop trying to out stupid Oxley. Oxley is actually amusing with his craziness.

You're just a bland and dull rip off.
Se7en is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #402
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
I think he's saying that the people in the film pissed him off, not that the documentary wasn't good.

About to watch The Wicksboro Incident. Will report back.
I thought Wicksboro Incident was really intense and overall a well made movie... whether or not its less-is-more approach works is up for debate but it is one of the few of its kind that I liked a lot. Had me super tense in the second half... and its a super quick watch.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #403
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
I thought Wicksboro Incident was really intense and overall a well made movie... whether or not its less-is-more approach works is up for debate but it is one of the few of its kind that I liked a lot. Had me super tense in the second half... and its a super quick watch.
About how I feel, except the second half is where the film lost me. The faux documentary mystery before it turned into a "found footage" film was extremely creepy and had me super uncomfortable. Once all of my suspicions and ideas about where the film would go were confirmed, it lost a lot of the intrigue that had me interested in the first place. The Conspiracy is a great example of a film remaining compelling while still being explicit in how the filmmakers chose to move the story forward.

7/10 overall. First half seriously made it for me.
Quote:
Attention whore.

I've said it a couple times before, and I'll say it again. There is only one Oxley, and you ain't him bub. Quit feigning crazy. It's getting pathetic.
Quote:
Se7en...STFU. Stop trying to out stupid Oxley. Oxley is actually amusing with his craziness.

Last edited by Se7en; 09-01-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:07 PM   #404
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

watched Alien Abduction (2014) yesterday. It was above average but I found it incredibly predictable and I found myself frustrated with many of the characters (which is usually a problem I don't have with horror films). Still, some really intense, crazy scenes and overall awesome sound editing/mixing that made the entire film enjoyable.

6.5/10
Old 09-03-2014, 07:44 AM   #405
Doctor RoXo
Rotting Corpse

Doctor RoXo is NOT doing cocaine...

Location: Somewhere between a Borderline and an Antisocial Personality Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelator View Post
watched Alien Abduction (2014) yesterday. It was above average but I found it incredibly predictable and I found myself frustrated with many of the characters (which is usually a problem I don't have with horror films). Still, some really intense, crazy scenes and overall awesome sound editing/mixing that made the entire film enjoyable.

6.5/10
I still need to watch this. I've been so lazy and 'out of sorts' about movies lately. Everything seems boring to me. Fuck I hate when I get like this.
Doctor RoXo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #406
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
I still need to watch this. I've been so lazy and 'out of sorts' about movies lately. Everything seems boring to me. Fuck I hate when I get like this.
It took me 2 hours to decide what movie to watch last night and by the time I had decided it was too late.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #407
Doctor RoXo
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
It took me 2 hours to decide what movie to watch last night and by the time I had decided it was too late.
Dude...I know just how you feel. I have like 2500 movies on 3 different external hard drives and I have the hardest time picking what I want to see. If my younger self could see me now, he'd most likely bitch slap me right in my stupid mouth for being so spoiled and indecisive.

It;s not that I can't find anything to watch. But with so much to choose from it's hard to find a place to start. It's like owning my own Blockbuster or something. Funny thing is, I'm just about outta HD space and am probably gonna buy another ext. hdd soon So my lame problem is just gonna get worse. First world problems for sure...

On Letterboxd, I see the "movie challenge playlists" people make. E.G. '30 for Sept.' You challenge yourself to watch those movies in a given time. Thats one reason I enjoyed doing the movie draft earlier this year, it dictated what I had to watch, taking all the aggrivation of having to pick outta the equation....
Old 09-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #408
Doctor RoXo
Rotting Corpse

If I started a thread on here (and a list on letterboxd), for these "Challenges" would any of you be interested in doing them with me. Halloween is coming up too, so it'd be a nice time to do it.

For example, we could do a 60 movie challenge. That's about 1 a day. And we could all pick a certain number of films each to contribute to this list. Let's say we get 5 or 6 people, that'd be 8 to 10 movies each one of us could pick for the list and we'd all try to watch the entire list by Halloween. I'll make a thread for this so we can discuss it there. Please come there if you're interested.... *i'll add link here asap*

Link to Halloween Movie-Marathon Challenge
http://bloody-disgusting.com/legacy/...ad.php?t=96551

Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 09-03-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:13 PM   #409
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is blazin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
Story of my life
Quote:
Attention whore.

Quote: