The Lost Boys (1987) - Page 20 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:47 AM   #191
pixie06
Fresh Kill

pixie06 is a sicko

Great 80s horror movie & to me the best Feldman/Haim movie by far.
pixie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #192
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie06 View Post
Great 80s horror movie & to me the best Feldman/Haim movie by far.
I agree.
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #193
CountOrlok
BANNED

CountOrlok is not giving a flying fuck

Epic saxophone dude:

CountOrlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #194
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"The Lost Boys"....Wonderful 80's vampire flick. Hip, scary, thrilling, funny, and gory!! Top notch cast led by the sexy and suave Jason Patric and Keifer Sutherland. Only mild cheesy thing is the fake "deep voice" acting Cory Feldman portrays in the film. Dont know what was with that. Terrific special effects, wonderful make up, great location spots and art direction, awesome music score, and fine ensemble acting all highlight the film. I grew up with this movie and it is one of my alltime faves!

10/10
Old 03-29-2013, 03:32 AM   #195
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountOrlok View Post
Epic saxophone dude:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
"The Lost Boys"....Wonderful 80's vampire flick. Hip, scary, thrilling, funny, and gory!! Top notch cast led by the sexy and suave Jason Patric and Keifer Sutherland. Only mild cheesy thing is the fake "deep voice" acting Cory Feldman portrays in the film. Dont know what was with that. Terrific special effects, wonderful make up, great location spots and art direction, awesome music score, and fine ensemble acting all highlight the film. I grew up with this movie and it is one of my alltime faves!

10/10
yes indeed. the campfire slaughter is awesome.

(9/10)
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:51 AM   #196
Mirage01
Not Dead Yet

Mirage01 has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
The Lost Boys is one of the movies that I think epitomizes the 1980's. It has a genuine 80's look and feel, as well as an awesome soundtrack and some fantastic performances.

This movie really draws you into it and makes you feel like you're right there in Santa Carla. The music fits the film perfectly. Nothing would have worked better. The setting is perfect. If you were a vampire and you were never going to die, where else would you want to spend your time? The amusement park, the abandoned cave with all that great stuff in it, and the railroad tracks (trust me, you'll understand after you see it) are absolutely incredible. The way Joel Schumacher uses certain POV shots and the eerie fog only add to the mood and atmosphere of the movie.

The gore and special effects are great! Since this is an 80's movie, there is no CGI thankfully, so everything you see is really real. The make-up of the vampires is excellent with their piercing eyes and long fangs. The gore doesn't really show itself until the end, though there is a very bloody (but quick) campfire attack in the middle. Once we do get to the blood and guts, it's great! There's a melting vampire in holy water, an exploding vampire, two excellent impalings, and more where that came from.

Finally, the acting is great. We have a very good cast, especially Kiefer Sutherland, who puts everyone else to shame. Jason Patric is a little dry, but he's great in his role. Max and Lucy have good chemistry, as well as Star and Michael. The Frog Brothers are classic and are responsible for most of the humor. Superb performances by all!

The Bottom Line:

A true 80's flick, with great performances, awesome special effects, a rocking soundtrack!!
summed it up perfectly. Great movie.
Mirage01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #197
Frey
BANNED

Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!

Send a message via Yahoo to Frey

This movie opened many doors for me. It got me into vampires, Corey Feldman, and was all around a blast to watch and was a staple of my youth. Everyone did great in this and it did have an awesome soundtrack. You can never go wrong with The Doors and Cry Little Sister is still an awesome song after all these years.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #198
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

How can you not love The Lost Boys ?

It's a true classic. Struck a major chord with me when it was first released. Corey Haim, Feldman, Sutherland and Gezt were four of the hottest stars on the planet at the time, the soundtrack fucking rocks and the overall vibe is just too cool for school. It's slick without being empty, the comedy works, hell everything about it just works. A real lightning in a bottle kind of movie. Takes me straight back to my youth every time I watch it.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:10 AM   #199
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
How can you not love The Lost Boys ?

It's a true classic. Struck a major chord with me when it was first released. Corey Haim, Feldman, Sutherland and Gezt were four of the hottest stars on the planet at the time, the soundtrack fucking rocks and the overall vibe is just too cool for school. It's slick without being empty, the comedy works, hell everything about it just works. A real lightning in a bottle kind of movie. Takes me straight back to my youth every time I watch it.
Bravo!!!