Silent Night Deadly Night (1984) - Page 17 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

Old 12-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #161
Deadly Fiend
It... Won't... Die...

Deadly Fiend has no status.

It would be amazing to see this on the big screen, unfortunately nothing cool like this ever comes to my area.

I definitely plan on revisiting 1-2, 5, and the reboot this month... parts 3 and 4 are unwatchable.
Deadly Fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #162
Outpost #31
Super Moderator

Outpost #31 is gunning for Ricky Spanish

Just watched the reboot for the second time last night and really enjoyed it even more than the first watch. Gotta say the remake is one of the better ones (remakes) in recent times.

We didn't get shit for years and years here but thankfully our cinema was bought out and changed. They do a good job of offering different things although much is garbage (to me at least.....musicals and operas) but do have some cool shit here and there. I'm still surprised as I live in a smaller area in midfuck PA.
Outpost #31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:14 PM   #163
The Geek
It... Won't... Die...

The Geek is eating shit and dying!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
Just watched the reboot for the second time last night and really enjoyed it even more than the first watch. Gotta say the remake is one of the better ones (remakes) in recent times.

We didn't get shit for years and years here but thankfully our cinema was bought out and changed. They do a good job of offering different things although much is garbage (to me at least.....musicals and operas) but do have some cool shit here and there. I'm still surprised as I live in a smaller area in midfuck PA.
I watched it for a second time last week myself. I really dig it. Some great death sequences and lots of sleaze. Love the naked bitch who gets thrown into the wood chipper
Old 12-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #164
Midnight-Kroovy
Rotting Corpse

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outpost #31 View Post
Anybody in PA who is by a Digiplex Cinema --there will be showings of this on the big screen this Friday. None of my local friends are into horror and I may have to go by myself which sucks but would be cool to see this on the big screen.
It sucks when you can't drag a friend along to one of these horror showings. It's actually playing in a cinema not too far from me but I think I'll give it a miss this year.

I will however be watching my DVD once I get my Xmas decorations up. I watched it for the first time a couple years ago and thought it was average although I had high hopes. Maybe with renewed expectations I'll enjoy it more.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #165
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"Silent Night,Deadly Night".....This 1984 slasher is terrific and one of the best!! Solid storyline/screenplay, cool bloody gore, suspense, and thrills. Robert Brian Wilson as "Billy" was pretty good for his screen debut. Such a hunky man too!! I thought he did a good job on switching his facial expressions to that of a man going deeper into madness. He was menacing at times...which made the character believable as he began to snap. Kudos also go to the wonderful outdoor location scenes and the direction. The woman who plays "Sister Margaret" is a good supporting player and the child actors who portray young "Billy" and "Ricky" are both good too. Some great death scenes also highlight the movie. Love the impaling scene of that ugly Linnea Quigley's character!! LOL! A top notch and disturbing horror film!!

9/10