The X-Files Discussion Thread - Page 30 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 04-21-2015, 06:12 PM   #291
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

ObeySleepConform is vengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
They all need paychecks.
So glad to see everyone on board. I watch an episode every single day and have gone through the series 7 or 8 times now. Can't wait for this.
They probably don't need paychecks as half as bad as most of us do. A lot of actors don't like being constantly reminded of their past successes and roles.

Even Vince Gilligan who's had plenty of recent success with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul said he'd love to be on-board. The show must have been hella fun to make for everyone to be so ecstatic about it's return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
And I REFUSE to call a movie a classic unless it meets my standards.
ObeySleepConform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:03 PM   #292
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
They probably don't need paychecks as half as bad as most of us do. A lot of actors don't like being constantly reminded of their past successes and roles.

Even Vince Gilligan who's had plenty of recent success with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul said he'd love to be on-board. The show must have been hella fun to make for everyone to be so ecstatic about it's return.
I was only kidding
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:39 PM   #293
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

Quote:
I was only kidding
So was I.

I don't even like X-Files.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #294
Justin_Voorhees
The Living Dead

Justin_Voorhees has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
I don't even like X-Files.
What dont you like about it?
Justin_Voorhees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:51 PM   #295
ObeySleepConform
Cunt from the Crypt

Quote:
What dont you like about it?
I was kidding. About kidding.

Quote:
Old 04-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #296
Alkaline
It... Won't... Die...

Alkaline has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Duchovny
That didn't work out with the movies. Ö [The second movie] did well, but I guess not well enough. Fox made some mistakes with that movie that hurt the franchise and they didn't seem to want to do another movie. So as the TV landscape changed and as it became conceivable to do this show without doing 22 or 25 [episodes] of them on television, then it seemed like a natural thing.
Quote:
It's been awhile since I've played Mulder so it's going to be strange for sure the first couple days. Luckily Gillian will be there and we'll be there for each other to say, "That doesnít seem right or something like that," All the principals are back. Chris will be there, Gillian will be there, I'll be there and we can all check on each other and say, 'Is this the show?' Because we'll find it. It's just a matter of relaxing and letting it happen. It's going to be the same show, it's obviously going to be different times and the characters are going to be older and all of the things that are going to be changing naturally will change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Carter
Iím just going over the first draft that Iíll be turning in today to the studio and to the network and also to the other writers. Everyone will be able to take out their big red pen and have their way with it.
Quote:
Iíll confirm theyíre both coming back. I wonít say how theyíre coming back. As people who know the show know, the Cigarette Smoking Man was incinerated in the series finale (two-parter The Truth, in 2002), so how he comes back is going to be handled ó Iíll call it ó ďin a particular X-Files way."
Quote:
You really get what you have come to expect with ďThe X-Files,Ē which is a combination of the ongoing Mulder and Scully conspiracy saga, relationship and stand-alone episodes that will come interspersed. That said, it will all be of a piece, meaning that it wonít feel disconnected. Itíll all feel as if itís taking place in what I would call television ďreal time.Ē
Quote:
Iím mindful of tolerances and changes. That said, I still think we approach the show in the same way ... One thing thatís changed in format is that itís now a five-act format rather than a four-act format. I think the running time is about the same but we had to get a special dispensation to do the approach that we had taken originally with the show, which was a teaser ó a little two- or three-minute segment in the beginning that sets up the show. They had done away with that approach on Fox, so they allowed us to go back to, I would call it, old-style.
Alkaline is offline   Reply With Quote