Clownhouse (1989) - Page 6 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #51
No-Personality
Not Dead Yet

No-Personality has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampressTristine View Post
If you can suspend your disbelief of fictional killer clowns, you should be able to suspend your belief of stuff that has nothing to do with the plot of the movie.
I've been very hyper-defensive of peoples' ability to watch the movie divorced from the behind-the-scenes controversy in the past but I don't blame other people anymore. There have to be at least a half-dozen references in the dialogue alone to their underwear - brothers talking about each other soiling their underwear, playing with themselves, and fooling around with each other. It's not just disturbing, it's more than a little irritating as well. How ridiculous it is that Sam Rockwell's character just keeps talking about it. As a haunting, anti-graphic series of stalk and kill scenes (there isn't a trace of gore anywhere), I really don't think the dialogue needed to be this confrontational. The point is made blazingly clear in the first half hour: the older brother is a bully who aims low because he wants to strike the most vulnerable spot (psychologically).

Anyway, I also say this is a must-see. In terms of generating fear, this is easily one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. It can't be put into words. This thing is terrifying. You will jump. Your hair will stand on end. It's a money-back guarantee.
No-Personality is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classics, clown, clown house, cult, house