Outpost (2007) - Steve Barker - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Modern Horror

Modern Horror Horror Movies of the 1990's - present.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

Default Outpost (2007) - Steve Barker

A band of mercenaries led by Ray Stevenson are sent to investigate a bunker in the wilderness. They find the bunker was the previous site of Nazi experiments during World War 2 and begin to realize they are being hunted. Only later do they come to realize the Nazi's were experimenting with the creation of super soldiers that cannot die.
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
Caustic Coffee
Abuser of Power

Caustic Coffee is the I in team.

I watched this during the recent horror draft. The movie begins with Ray Stevenson assembling a band of mercenaries with the intent of tracking down a bunker located in the wilderness that may or may not hold advanced technologies. The soldiers arrive and immediately find themselves under fire, taking refuge within the shelter, even as they try to figure out what is going on. As their investigation moves through the facility, they find Nazi paraphernalia and signs that human experimentation have been conducted during World War 2. They also find a room full of corpses and one survivor. They learn later the Nazis were working on the creation of a super-soldier army, instead creating zombies.

I thought this story was fairly solid, even though they retread some familiar territory with Zombie Nazis in the 1977 low-budget classic Shock Waves. Unlike Shock Waves, these zombies appear capable of quick movements and are not able to be stopped. Ray Stevenson provides his characteristic strong performance, portraying a stoic leader with poise and grace. I hope he gets a great deal more work in the future. There too was a noteworthy performance put in by Richard Brake who played Stevensonís first in command, a jaded lifelong soldier who believed in nothing.

The pace was outstanding and the atmosphere was just as solid, but I thought the ending left me a bit flat. Still, I would recommend this to any zombie or zombie Nazi enthusiasts.

8/10
Caustic Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
Jinx
I Eat Brains!

Jinx is Gutter

Send a message via Yahoo to Jinx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
I watched this during the recent horror draft. The movie begins with Ray Stevenson assembling a band of mercenaries with the intent of tracking down a bunker located in the wilderness that may or may not hold advanced technologies. The soldiers arrive and immediately find themselves under fire, taking refuge within the shelter, even as they try to figure out what is going on. As their investigation moves through the facility, they find Nazi paraphernalia and signs that human experimentation have been conducted during World War 2. They also find a room full of corpses and one survivor. They learn later the Nazis were working on the creation of a super-soldier army, instead creating zombies.

I thought this story was fairly solid, even though they retread some familiar territory with Zombie Nazis in the 1977 low-budget classic Shock Waves. Unlike Shock Waves, these zombies appear capable of quick movements and are not able to be stopped. Ray Stevenson provides his characteristic strong performance, portraying a stoic leader with poise and grace. I hope he gets a great deal more work in the future. There too was a noteworthy performance put in by Richard Brake who played Stevensonís first in command, a jaded lifelong soldier who believed in nothing.

The pace was outstanding and the atmosphere was just as solid, but I thought the ending left me a bit flat. Still, I would recommend this to any zombie or zombie Nazi enthusiasts.

8/10
great film

there is a part II but nothing to talk about

Outpost: Black Sun
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1418712/

Tags
experimentation, nazi zombies, nazis, outpost, ray stevenson, world war 2, zombies