True Detective (HBO) - Page 36 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #351
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

I doubt they'll give it a sub-title. It'll just be True Detective, and they'll trust the fans to know what the show's format is.

Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #352
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator

The Revelator is tired

Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I doubt they'll give it a sub-title. It'll just be True Detective, and they'll trust the fans to know what the show's format is.
that works too

I was just entertaining an idea.

Last edited by The Revelator; 06-13-2014 at 08:56 AM.
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #353
Dr. McStuffin
Rotting Corpse

Dr. McStuffin is making the Lacerta Plague look like a fucking square dance!

Sorry to be so terribly late to the party but I finally got the blu for this series and tore through it in a few days...

Easily the best television show I've ever seen. Mind you I don't watch a lot of telly though. Don't have the patience to be cock teased week to week.

Uh, can't say much more that hasn't been said well enough in this thread. This show was incredibly intense and spellbinding. It definitely affected me pretty deeply, I was in tears during the last moments of the final episode.

Spoiler Below
Just wanted to say something based on what I've read across the thread about Audrey. I don't think there was anything left undone about her. Don't think her issues were a big red herring either. To me she functioned as a device for Marty to make realizations about himself - his obvious sexual preoccupation was passed genetically to her. Marty treated her harshly as a result of his own self-loathing. Marty refers to himself as just a regular guy with a "big dick" and he clearly has some women issues. The apple didn't fall far from the tree with her and it's just a part of his characterization as he journeys towards self-realization.

As far as the ending being antagonistic to the overall theme, bah! It was perfect and addresses the truth of our whole existential dilemma.

It is significant that Rust is proven wrong by the universe he believes to have figured out. "I'm not supposed to be here." Exactly, none of us are. But we are! The fact that from the empty void came many is a testament to the power of positivity. Bad things happen, there is certainly pain, death, and destruction but the universe is like "Fuck that. We're just gonna keep the party going. You can either join the party or be a piss pants and sit it out."

Or in other words, be in the circle or observe the circle.

The only real religion is pessimism or optimism. That's the only truth we arguable have as we bob around in this dark sea of uncertainty. To end the show on a down beat is to propagate a lie, that everything is bad or hopeless. The show is to trying to bring this simple truth to an increasingly cynical world. That's good and kinda important in these trying times.

That's what I got out of it at least.

Last edited by Dr. McStuffin; 07-23-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Dr. McStuffin is offline   Reply With Quote