American Horror Story on FX - Page 113 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #1121
aaronmb
Rotting Corpse

aaronmb has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
Us Canadians have accents?

Will be watching soon. Still debating on going back and finishing up Coven before hopping on the new season. Even though they are different seasons, something about skipping one bothers me.
It doesnt matter which you watch first. You could start with this season if you wanted to. Every season is completely different.
aaronmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #1122
CanyonBehindHer
Rotting Corpse

CanyonBehindHer has no status.

Send a message via AIM to CanyonBehindHer Send a message via Yahoo to CanyonBehindHer

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
Its those doe eyes. No one can escape Evan Peters' doe eyes. rool:

What I want to know though is what fucking accent is Cathy Bates trying to go with? One minute it sounds Canadian, then midwestern, Australian, and Irish. Wtf woman make up your mind.
She is trying to do a Baltimore accent.
CanyonBehindHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #1123
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is The Louis Vuitton Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronmb View Post
It doesnt matter which you watch first. You could start with this season if you wanted to. Every season is completely different.
I know lol

Skipping a season still bothers me for some reason
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:21 PM   #1124
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
I know lol

Skipping a season still bothers me for some reason
Start from the beginning.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #1125
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is The Louis Vuitton Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
Start from the beginning.

Huh?
Se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:15 PM   #1126
travisbickle
Send... More... Paramedics

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Really digging it so far. I have a feeling that this season is going to be way better than Coven.

Halloween themed episode next week...

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:13 PM   #1127
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse

The Devil's Lyric is a living reminder.

Eh, it's okay so far but my biggest gripe is that yet again most of the cast are playing the exact same roles yet again. Don't get me wrong, Lange is fantastic as a tyrannical, outwardly fabulous yet inwardly self-loathing monster but she's literally done the same thing every season so far. And the same goes for the rest of the cast. So it feels like the writers are always playing it safe, but with an anthology show I'd really much rather see something drastically different each season.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:31 PM   #1128
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

I like this season already, they really delivered a huge bummer at the end of this current episode. The sad clonw is killer (well, literally ) and the opening title sequence pure nightmare genius.
Can't wait with what fucked-upness they will come up with next. The siamese twin creature is just...yikes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
Eh, it's okay so far but my biggest gripe is that yet again most of the cast are playing the exact same roles yet again. Don't get me wrong, Lange is fantastic as a tyrannical, outwardly fabulous yet inwardly self-loathing monster but she's literally done the same thing every season so far. And the same goes for the rest of the cast. So it feels like the writers are always playing it safe, but with an anthology show I'd really much rather see something drastically different each season.
Can't really blame 'em, why changing a winning team and concept in the first place? I don't really like the re-appearance of each and every face either, but as long as Lang & Co. are deliviering it, I am fine with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:02 PM   #1129
The Devil's Lyric
Rotting Corpse

The Devil's Lyric is a living reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
Can't really blame 'em, why changing a winning team and concept in the first place? I don't really like the re-appearance of each and every face either, but as long as Lang & Co. are deliviering it, I am fine with them.
My problem isn't with the winning team or seeing the same faces each time, I'm so game for that. The problem is the actual characters/dynamics they're inhabiting just aren't different enough each season. It's supposed to be an anthology series with a completely different story and set of characters each time, yet as far as I recall each time it has gone this way:
  • Lange plays the matriarchal/domineering figure, each time battling either age, beauty or status and projecting an outwardly commanding persona whilst secretly struggling with her inner demons.
  • Evan Peters plays the fetching young sociopath who can be as ghastly as he likes but still be the heart-throb figure of the show.
  • Sarah Paulson plays the pure-hearted nymph who each time is dragged into a situation in which she has no control and must prevail by the season end.
  • Frances Conroy plays the whacky, oddball one who is the clear opposition to each character Lange has played.
  • Kathy Bates... well, another servant who's importance is overshadowed by the fact that "z'omg its Kathy Bates on TV!"
  • Angela Bassett doing the sassy, sexually liberated black woman thing, and another clear opposition to whatever Lange happens to be given the season.
Notice a pattern? It's all just way too familiar. The relationships, dynamics, etc. If they really wanted to reinvent the show each season whilst keeping the regular players, they should be casting them against type and in roles we wouldn't necessarily expect.
Old Yesterday, 05:47 AM   #1130
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
My problem isn't with the winning team or seeing the same faces each time, I'm so game for that. The problem is the actual characters/dynamics they're inhabiting just aren't different enough each season. It's supposed to be an anthology series with a completely different story and set of characters each time, yet as far as I recall each time it has gone this way:
  • Lange plays the matriarchal/domineering figure, each time battling either age, beauty or status and projecting an outwardly commanding persona whilst secretly struggling with her inner demons.
  • Evan Peters plays the fetching young sociopath who can be as ghastly as he likes but still be the heart-throb figure of the show.
  • Sarah Paulson plays the pure-hearted nymph who each time is dragged into a situation in which she has no control and must prevail by the season end.
  • Frances Conroy plays the whacky, oddball one who is the clear opposition to each character Lange has played.
  • Kathy Bates... well, another servant who's importance is overshadowed by the fact that "z'omg its Kathy Bates on TV!"
  • Angela Bassett doing the sassy, sexually liberated black woman thing, and another clear opposition to whatever Lange happens to be given the season.
Notice a pattern? It's all just way too familiar. The relationships, dynamics, etc. If they really wanted to reinvent the show each season whilst keeping the regular players, they should be casting them against type and in roles we wouldn't necessarily expect.
Yepp, the pattern is pretty obvious and I noticed it too. Well, why aren't the producers brave enough to replace at least one of them from their stereotypical roles with a complete newbie, who hasn't been on the show before? It would be just too cheap if they replace the current actors among one another.
Could have prolly helped the previous season from being so utterly mediocre and foreseeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote