Boardwalk Empire - Page 18 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #171
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
Am I the only one confused by Harrow's little killing spree?
Not sure what that's all about. Maybe he's just slipped back into being a psycho. He's always been an unstable character but I'd like to know why he killed those guys, if there was a purpose or just randoms.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #172
RetroGunslinger
Not Dead Yet

RetroGunslinger is strangely aroused.

Quote:
Am I the only one confused by Harrow's little killing spree?
They didn't fully explain everything, but everyone he killed had something to do with property ownership. At the end of the episode, he goes back home. This is obviously pointing to some arc this season about exploring his past.

Anyway, what I picked up was that he was helping his sister Emma with some form of property issue, probably regarding the house. I doubt it has anything to do with Nucky, Chicago, or any other major story lines. This is all mostly guesswork, of course.
RetroGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #173
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Who's watching this season ?

It was a bit wobbly to start with but the past few episodes have been fantastic.

Good to see Chalky in the spotlight although I'm thinking maybe this is his last season.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #174
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

BRUTAL finale. I can't believe they killed off SPOILER>HARROW!!!! Going into the episode I never would've thought it, but after the long goodbye at the train station....I kinda knew it was coming. This show just doesn't give a fuck when it comes to killing off main characters.

I see this going one more season, tops.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:42 AM   #175
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

I haven't watched it yet but I bumped into a spoiler online.

CANNOT BELIEVE IT !!!

I don't want this to be true.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #176
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
BRUTAL finale. I can't believe they killed off SPOILER>HARROW!!!! Going into the episode I never would've thought it, but after the long goodbye at the train station....I kinda knew it was coming. This show just doesn't give a fuck when it comes to killing off main characters.

I see this going one more season, tops.
Spoiler Below
As cool as Harrow was, he really had nothing left to do in the show. You really want to watch that character mope around, and play babysitter to that kid for a few more seasons? He was deligated to bus boy/random assassin this season, and that's all that was left for him. He wasn't a key character anymore, and his surrogate father storyline was dull. .

Overall, it was a meh finale, to a meh season. This season was lacking a central storyline and villain, and was kind of all over the place from beginning to end.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #177
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

I liked the finale. I liked that it strayed from the norm and didn't wrap everything up, only to carry over into season 5.
Spoiler Below

As for Harrow, it's sad to see him go but his arc had come to an end. He got the family he always wanted and made amends with his sister. There was nowhere else for him to go.

I'm also glad that they didn't kill Narcisse. The look on his face when Hoover knocked him down a few notches by calling him nothing but a pimp was priceless. And Eli teaming up with Van Alden and Capone is going to make for some interesting viewing.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #178
travisbickle
I Eat Brains!

travisbickle is warning you, I'll put a knife right in you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Spoiler Below
As cool as Harrow was, he really had nothing left to do in the show. You really want to watch that character mope around, and play babysitter to that kid for a few more seasons? He was deligated to bus boy/random assassin this season, and that's all that was left for him. He wasn't a key character anymore, and his surrogate father storyline was dull. .

Overall, it was a meh finale, to a meh season. This season was lacking a central storyline and villain, and was kind of all over the place from beginning to end.
SPOILER>Well...it would've been nice if he had a happier ending. But no! Not only does he die, but he shoots Chalky's daughter in the face before doing so. Fucked up! Yeah, I know this show isn't known for it's happy endings....

This may have been the weakest season yet, but it's still the best show on television at the moment, IMO.

My DVD's/Blu's
travisbickle is offline   Reply With Quote