What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 4424 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:01 AM   #44231
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post

Cannibal Holocaust

FINALLY after wanting to see this son-of-a-bitch ever since I first joined BD. Cunt didn't disappoint non either. Though I was expecting more chaos; what you see with what's delivered is rather thirst quenching. Especially those glorious animal killings. I mean; that's hard to watch, love it. I can see with ease how it caused such a shit storm in it's day. The way it's filmed... Flawlessly presents itself in a raw unedited format. Giving off such a vibe of realism. I'd say it's the be all and end all of Found Footage, which is a genre I normally stand clear of. So glad to finally own this monster of a flick. 10/10

Lords of Salem

This shit took my completely off-wing. Isn't your typical Zombie flick... Which is interesting since it's independent and ol' Robby had 100% creative control. It looks like he has learned how to write dialogue without every second word needing to be a audio sin too. This film is a visual smorgasbord. Although I would have loved more of the insane visuals (but in turn that would make them less effective) it's still great. Zombie has always had a flare for visual weirdness, his music video's are ripe with it. There are parts of Salem that appear damn near arthouse in look and feel. I loved the bleak ending that doesn't really tell you much.

It's a film that I'm not sure I'll re-watch soon, but on the other side of the coin it's without doubt a film you'd have to watch multiple times to really grasp. I did indeed like it. So; out of Zombies 5 films he has two films I love TDR and this. I'm not going to give it a score just yet.. I need to bask in this.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #44232
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxley View Post

Cannibal Holocaust

FINALLY after wanting to see this son-of-a-bitch ever since I first joined BD. Cunt didn't disappoint non either. Though I was expecting more chaos; what you see with what's delivered is rather thirst quenching. Especially those glorious animal killings. I mean; that's hard to watch, love it. I can see with ease how it caused such a shit storm in it's day. The way it's filmed... Flawlessly presents itself in a raw unedited format. Giving off such a vibe of realism. I'd say it's the be all and end all of Found Footage, which is a genre I normally stand clear of. So glad to finally own this monster of a flick. 10/10

Lords of Salem

This shit took my completely off-wing. Isn't your typical Zombie flick... Which is interesting since it's independent and ol' Robby had 100% creative control. It looks like he has learned how to write dialogue without every second word needing to be a audio sin too. This film is a visual smorgasbord. Although I would have loved more of the insane visuals (but in turn that would make them less effective) it's still great. Zombie has always had a flare for visual weirdness, his music video's are ripe with it. There are parts of Salem that appear damn near arthouse in look and feel. I loved the bleak ending that doesn't really tell you much.

It's a film that I'm not sure I'll re-watch soon, but on the other side of the coin it's without doubt a film you'd have to watch multiple times to really grasp. I did indeed like it. So; out of Zombies 5 films he has two films I love TDR and this. I'm not going to give it a score just yet.. I need to bask in this.
Watched them both once. Have no desire to again.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #44233
Oxley

I can easily, very easily, see how they aren't to everyone's liking.

Quote:
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 12-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #44234
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Cannibal Holocaust

I watched it for the first time about 8 months ago and it's a hell of an experience. The animal killings I could barely stand but it's a well presented movie that does its job.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:42 AM   #44235
Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
I watched it for the first time about 8 months ago and it's a hell of an experience. The animal killings I could barely stand but it's a well presented movie that does its job.
I kind of laughed at the Turtle; but when they started sorting through it's guts I was like, "Yeah; that's fucking disgusting."

No way would I put my hand in that shit.

That being said; I've done it to rabbits, so there isn't really a difference I guess.

There is a far more confonting animal death in 'Mountain of the Cannibal God'. They shove a monkey in-front of this huge ass Python. The look on the monkey's face is priceless when it's heads in the snakes mouth; hands trying to pry it's jaws open. It's like "OK. I am going to die."

I'm sick. ):

Quote:
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 12-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #44236
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:

Cannibal Holocaust

Quote:
Lords of Salem
There are parts of Salem that appear damn near arthouse in look and feel. I loved the bleak ending that doesn't really tell you much.
Perfect analysis. It appeared, but it wasn't.

Quote:
I'm an Aussie
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.

Last edited by Santa; 12-05-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:58 AM   #44237
Oxley

Quote:
Perfect analysis. It appeared, but it wasn't.
Overall; no.

There are scenes though that completely reek it. Few; and short. They are their though; and knowing Zombie's influences, 100% intentional.

Quote:
Quote:
My little idiot..
Old 12-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #44238
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
I kind of laughed at the Turtle; but when they started sorting through it's guts I was like, "Yeah; that's fucking disgusting."

No way would I put my hand in that shit.

That being said; I've done it to rabbits, so there isn't really a difference I guess.

There is a far more confonting animal death in 'Mountain of the Cannibal God'. They shove a monkey in-front of this huge ass Python. The look on the monkey's face is priceless when it's heads in the snakes mouth; hands trying to pry it's jaws open. It's like "OK. I am going to die."
How can you laugh at that poor turtle? Was like a kick in the balls and apparently the actor cried afterwards. My copy includes a cut with no animal cruelty and I might opt for that with future re-watches. It is in the context of the film though so I'll probably just deal with it.

I've seen a heavily cut Mountain of the Cannibal God (was like 70 mins and I didn't see Ursula's boobies ). Was annoying as there looked like a good movie inside the butchered mess I watched. That monkey/python scene sounds nightmarish though, don't wanna see that .

Quote:

I'm sick. ):
I can't argue against the evidence.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #44239
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
How can you laugh at that poor turtle?
You can't argue against the oxley. It's just oxley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:20 AM   #44240
Oxley

I mean. I feel a tad bad. But then I just think it happens everyday everywhere. And it no longer bothers me. Watching its legs fling around on nerves was kinda funny. My sister couldn't watch it; which made me laugh even more.

Oh man. You need to see the full version. That chick has an amazing body!!!!! And the monkies face is just what makes it funny. Cunt of a thing ain't stupid. Meh; snakes gotta eat.

Quote:
Quote:
My little idiot..