Ultimate Halloween Thread - Page 446 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Franchise Horror

Franchise Horror Come here to talk about all the big names in horror with 3+ films in the series. Halloween, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc...

View Poll Results: Best Halloween movie?
Halloween 69,032 99.99%
Haloween 2 5 0.01%
Halloween 3 Season of the Witch 1 0.00%
Voters: 69038. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #4451
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sins View Post
Let it die and let original content grow.
It's entirely possible to create an original idea based around the Halloween mythology. Shitty sequels have ruined people's perceptions when it comes to how a franchise can be properly handled but with the right director and writer, it'd be easy to make another good installment.

Obviously, it's a franchise so it won't really ever die. They'll just wait until enough people actually want it & they'll cash in as always.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:17 AM   #4452
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

I almost creamed my pants after reading this:

Mondo releasing Halloween Vinyl Soundtrack on Halloween

Quote:
Halloween’s original motion-picture soundtrack by John Carpenter comes in a 2x LP in a Deluxe Gatefold packaging with artwork by Phantom City Creative. The record itself is a 180 Gram black vinyl, with randomly inserted orange vinyl, cut at 45RPM. This is the first time that Carpenter’s Halloween has ever been released on vinyl in its full version. It will be the most comprehensive vinyl release of Halloween ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #4453
Formaldehide&Seek
Fresh Kill

Formaldehide&Seek is Behind you....RIGHT NOW!

Halloween one was the first horror movie i watched when I was a kid, i was about 5 or 6 my parents were not really supportive but they didn't stop me either i think number three is a pretty good movie f you take away the Halloween 3 title it was given.
Formaldehide&Seek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #4454
Myerszilla
Rotting Corpse

Myerszilla is eternally internally rotting

H3 has always been underrated, but I think it could've been a hit if they didn't make it the next addition to the Halloween franchise. It's a genuinely enjoyable film, & I've always loved it.

I really want to see a new franchise done, something that completely reboots everything. Take away the family story angle, Laurie Strode, & everything else besides Myers himself and Dr. Loomis. I want to see something that goes back to the basics while updating the series.

I'd like to see a more updated Loomis that fits into this era. Donald's interpretation worked completely for the original series, but now I'd like to see Loomis a little younger, and more of a physical threat. If he's the good to Michael's evil, let's see that taken full circle and exploited.

And let's get Michael back to stalking random girls that invoke the same feelings he felt when he killed Judith. I admittedly enjoyed seeing some of the better ideas presented with the family angle, but it's much scarier having a maniac on the loose who will kill anyone as opposed to someone specifically targeting his family.

That's the one major element that was taken away from the Halloween series that potentially prevents it from actually being a scary concept to today's audience.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #4455
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Since there was Halloween talk on the films I've seen today thread I thought I'd bump this and list my favorites;

Halloween
'78
Halloween 2 '81
Halloween 3
Halloween '07
Halloween 4
Halloween 2 09 (Has problems but its weirdness keeps me returning)
Halloween 5
H20
Halloween 6 (haven't seen it in a very long time but I hated it)

I dreamed they made a terrible reality TV Halloween with rappers but fortunately that doesn't exist.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #4456
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
Halloween 2 09 (Has problems but its weirdness keeps me returning)
i think time will be kind to this picture. it's funky and weird as hell, and once all the rob zombie reactionary hate fades into oblivion, i think folks will recognize the obvious originality and creativity within. its' polarizing nature alone makes it worth examination. i adore this movie.

nancylives! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #4457
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
i think time will be kind to this picture. it's funky and weird as hell, and once all the rob zombie reactionary hate fades into oblivion, i think folks will recognize the obvious originality and creativity within. its' polarizing nature alone makes it worth examination. i adore this movie.
I think the script has got glaring problems but I like the weirdness and some of the visuals are gorgeous. For me it's an entry I will revisit more than most.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #4458
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is Dr. Octagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
Nope. I love Zombie but the script is awful and this polarizing nature that you're talking about is completely lost on me.

Anyway

Halloween
Halloween IV
Halloween (2007)
Halloween II
Halloween III
Halloween V
Halloween H20
Halloween VI
Halloween 2 (2009)
Halloween: Resurrection
Old 03-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #4459
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

I love Zombie's Halloween films as exploitation trash.

As Halloween films? Yeah they don't work but I still find them more watchable than Resurrection.

The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:56 PM   #4460
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
I love Zombie's Halloween films as exploitation trash.

As Halloween films? Yeah they don't work but I still find them more watchable than Resurrection.
I agree.

As Halloween films they completely suck, but as violent trashy films they work. As shit as they are they're still entertaining.
Rusted is offline   Reply With Quote