Metallica: Through The Never - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #1
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
Oxley's Avatar
Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 22,476
Send a message via MSN to Oxley
Default Metallica: Through The Never




Quote:
The film shows young Trip's (Dane DeHaan) surreal adventure during an urgent mission he is sent out on, sewn together with concert footage from a set of concerts Metallica held in August 2012. The movie will be shown in IMAX theaters across the U.S, before being rolled out to normal cinemas in 3D the week after.
Sure to be the biggest motion picture event since 1984's A Nightmare On Elm Street. I can't fucking wait, I've watched the trailer at least 20 times. I actually ran out of phone credit.

Looks so, so fucking epic.






__________________
"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:52 AM   #2
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead
 
Midnight-Kroovy's Avatar
Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 2,826
Default

Sounds interesting, something different.
__________________
Midnight-Kroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:00 AM   #3
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
Oxley's Avatar
Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 22,476
Send a message via MSN to Oxley
Default

It's super original. I love them for doing this type of experimental stuff, even if it turns out shit (LuLu). I'd rather them try new things and it suck, then keep repeating crap over and over.

It's looking awesome. When I found out about it originally I was iffy, given the director. But everything looks fucking awesome so far.
__________________
"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
jarofsap
I Eat Brains!
 
jarofsap's Avatar
jarofsap is an anteater
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,387
Default


and what the hell is this now? hey, don't get me wrong, I'm always rooting for Metallica to do things that don't suck, but my impression of this is straddling the razor's edge of a polarizing 20% chance of greatness, and an 80% chance of utter shitshow bonkers terrible extravaganza.

Lars in 3D... I don't know if we're ready for such thing.
__________________
jarofsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
Oxley's Avatar
Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 22,476
Send a message via MSN to Oxley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarofsap View Post
Lars in 3D... I don't know if we're ready for such thing.
I AM!!


<3
__________________
"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #6
Santa
The Necromancer
 
Santa's Avatar
Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dol Guldur
Posts: 11,613
Default

The concert footage looks badass. This thing looks surely awesome on an IMAX screen. I doubt the plot with the guy will work within that experiment, but Santa is a tolerant and openminded person and therefore I will give it a shot.

Metallica at full throttle and in IMAX - not bad!
__________________
"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
Scott Vogel from Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.

Last edited by Santa; 07-26-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs
 
Oxley's Avatar
Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Bates Motel, Australia
Posts: 22,476
Send a message via MSN to Oxley
Default

Exactly!

I'm just so pumped for that aspect. Hell I probably won't even take a lot of notice to the story. Not on first viewing anyway.
__________________
"Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlust View Post
Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
My little idiot..
Oxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #8
Santa
The Necromancer
 
Santa's Avatar
Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dol Guldur
Posts: 11,613
Default

Yeah, first focus will be on the band and the band only.

I love concert films in theatre. The last one I saw was U2 3D from their Vertigo tour. It blew me away and brought massive nostalgia tears to my eyes. The soundfield was just amazing, you are literally in the venue. Metallica will be no different I guess.
__________________
"I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
Scott Vogel from Terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #9
The Revelator
Extrasolar Administrator
 
The Revelator's Avatar
The Revelator is tired
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: outside the wall
Posts: 12,989
Send a message via AIM to The Revelator Send a message via MSN to The Revelator
Default

I saw the trailer for this in IMAX 3D the other day. It looks pretty awesome.
__________________
The Revelator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 05:50 AM   #10
Sea Hag
It... Won't... Die...
 
Sea Hag's Avatar
Sea Hag has no status.
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 13,424
Send a message via AIM to Sea Hag
Default

This looks unintentionally hilarious.
__________________

DVDs


Recent Flicks
Despicable Me - 7.5/10
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 10/10
Salem's Lot - 8/10
Hang'Em High - 7/10
Hell Night - 7/10
Sea Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC