Empire Of The Ants - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > All Things Horror > Horror Movies > Golden Age

Golden Age Horror movies from the 1960's - 1980's.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:08 AM   #21
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DeadlySpawn View Post
I must look for this on DVD. Watching Kingdom of the Spiders the other week, a film popped into my head that involved ants and Joan Collins, but I couldn't remember what it was. Now I know.
best to find it on the double feature dvd with tentacles. the original mgm 2001 midnight movies release is very hard to find.
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #22
RomeroCarpenter Fan
Rotting Corpse

RomeroCarpenter Fan has no status.

watched this again the other week. fun 70's cheese.
RomeroCarpenter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #23
Laura6
Fresh Kill

Laura6 is sexy and she knows it!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Laura6

I would love to get it on a double feature with Tentacles...empire of the Ants is sooooo 70s....I love it!
Laura6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #24
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"Empire Of The Ants"......One of my alltime guilty pleasures. Growing up I used to watch this movie late at night on the weekends. Such classic 1977 sci fi cheese!! I love it!! Joan Collins is a hoot to watch. So campy. Robert Lansing as "Dan" was great. Very good actor. Pamela Susan Shoop from "Halloween 2" is in here. She was "ok". Handsome John David Carson as "Joe" was fine in his role. I found that the men were better than the women in this movie. Cheesy special effects,great cinematography,some thrills and chills, and some over the top moments highlight the movie. Good campy fun!!

5/10
Old 06-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #25
nancylives!
The Living Dead

nancylives! is living!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura6 View Post
I would love to get it on a double feature with Tentacles...empire of the Ants is sooooo 70s....I love it!
i just watched both of these over the past few days, good fun. i vastly prefer empire of the ants. the setting is just beautiful, and tension is built nicely, something i always enjoy in nature run amok movies. and as far as bert i. gordons two big movies of the seventies go, i quite prefer the visual effects in empire of those of food of the gods (which are still fun). the giant ants look great, and the model ants used for close-up slashing are cut in at sjust the right quickness. the cast is excellent, with each cast member making their character important to the proceedings.

but what makes empire of the ants really great is the whole mind-control angle. that was inspired. giant ants have been done, definitively in them; bert i. gordon wasn't gonna make a movie as good as them. so what does the genius schlockmeister do? he adds mind control, giving the ants an intelligence that sets empire of the ants apart from other ant flicks.

good times...
Old 06-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #26
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylives! View Post
i just watched both of these over the past few days, good fun. i vastly prefer empire of the ants. the setting is just beautiful, and tension is built nicely, something i always enjoy in nature run amok movies. and as far as bert i. gordons two big movies of the seventies go, i quite prefer the visual effects in empire of those of food of the gods (which are still fun). the giant ants look great, and the model ants used for close-up slashing are cut in at sjust the right quickness. the cast is excellent, with each cast member making their character important to the proceedings.

but what makes empire of the ants really great is the whole mind-control angle. that was inspired. giant ants have been done, definitively in them; bert i. gordon wasn't gonna make a movie as good as them. so what does the genius schlockmeister do? he adds mind control, giving the ants an intelligence that sets empire of the ants apart from other ant flicks.

good times...
Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 PM   #27
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

"Empire Of The Ants"......One of my alltime guilty pleasures. It's a fun latenight watch and such classic 1977 sci fi cheese!! I love it!! Joan Collins is a hoot to watch and her character/performance is dramatic, over the top, and campy. Robert Lansing as "Dan" is great. Very good actor. Pamela Susan Shoop from "Halloween 2"(Karen) is in here and she is "ok" in her role. The handsome John David Carson as "Joe" is good and the guy who plays "Larry" is good at playing a sleazeball. I found that the men were better than the women in this movie. Cheesy special effects, great cinematography, some thrills and chills, and over the top moments highlight the movie. It's good campy fun!!

5.5/10