2012/2013 NBA SEASON!!! - Page 70 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #691
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Timvp is going to the carnival and it'll be a bad day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
Dead.

So the Spurs have the Lakers.. should be a interesting series, only wish Bryant was playing so we'd have Duncan vs Bryant again. Just hoping that everyone is healthy and ready to go and Pop utilizes McGrady. I'd rather him play point then de Colo, Joseph or even.. Neal *Shudders*.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #692
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Iggy is still living in the 80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginobili View Post
Dead.

So the Spurs have the Lakers.. should be a interesting series, only wish Bryant was playing so we'd have Duncan vs Bryant again. Just hoping that everyone is healthy and ready to go and Pop utilizes McGrady. I'd rather him play point then de Colo, Joseph or even.. Neal *Shudders*.
I say San Antonio in 5. Without Kobe, their playoff hopes are as good as shit.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #693
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

I was thinking the same thing, we'll probably win in five. If in the event we do get upset then I'll never hear the end of it from my girlfriend and her family who are all die-hard Laker fans.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #694
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Here's how I got the first round match ups....

Eastern Conference:

1. Miami 4-0 against 8. Milwaukee, 4. Brooklyn 4-3 against 5. Chicago, 2. New York 4-2 against 7. Boston, 3. Indiana 4-0 against 6. Atlanta

Western Conference:

1. OKC 4-1 against 8. Houston, 4. Clippers 4-3 against 5. Memphis, 2. San Antonio 4-1 against 7. Lakers, 3. Nuggets 4-3 against 6. Golden State.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #695
TheReturnOfSarsoor
Rotting Corpse

TheReturnOfSarsoor has no status.

OKC and Rockets - OKC in 4

Lakers and Spurs - Lakers in 6

Clippers and Memphis - Clippers in 7

Golden State and Nuggets - Nuggets in 6
TheReturnOfSarsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #696
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is smoking French Tobacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
Lakers and Spurs - Lakers in 6
That's the spirit! Spurs looking pretty old lately, and the Lakers are actually pretty youthful, without Nash, and Kobe on the court. We'll see what happens.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #697
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Without Kobe, LA's gonna have to become Dwight's team. I really don't know how far that'll carry them. I just don't think they have much of a chance against the Spurs.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #698
BeRightBack
Flyboy

BeRightBack is smoking French Tobacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
Without Kobe, LA's gonna have to become Dwight's team. I really don't know how far that'll carry them. I just don't think they have much of a chance against the Spurs.
I don't think Howard wanted Kobe to get injured, but now that he's out, this is the best case scenario for him, individually, to showcase what kind of player he is. The offense will focus on feeding him the ball, which wasn't the case when Kobe was playing. Of course I'd rather have the Mamba out there.

If Manu was his old self, I'd say the Spurs would crush the Lakers, but as it stands, he's been injury prone, and signing an old T-Mac isn't really an upgrade imo. They are just as old as the Lakers in their core, with some younger role players. As it stands, the 2 teams are very similar. Should be a good 1st round matchup.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #699
Timvp
Rotting Corpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeRightBack View Post
I don't think Howard wanted Kobe to get injured, but now that he's out, this is the best case scenario for him, individually, to showcase what kind of player he is. The offense will focus on feeding him the ball, which wasn't the case when Kobe was playing. Of course I'd rather have the Mamba out there.

If Manu was his old self, I'd say the Spurs would crush the Lakers, but as it stands, he's been injury prone, and signing an old T-Mac isn't really an upgrade imo. They are just as old as the Lakers in their core, with some younger role players. As it stands, the 2 teams are very similar. Should be a good 1st round matchup.
I don't think much will be asked of T-Mac outside of a bit of scoring and passing/assist which he's always been pretty good with. I think Manu will be the Spurs X-factor because if he's playing like TOSB Manu then their fucked but if he manages to show some flashes of his 2011 self then it'll be a big boost. Leonard and Green will have to step up as far as scoring and rebounding. Green can't afford to pull a Houdini like he did against OKC last year and Leonard will have to be more involved instead of just taking corner threes. I'm sure Neal is going to do something that'll make me want to pull the hair out of my head with his BBIQ. Pop should not but I know he will play Bonner and Blair together, I'd rather throw Baynes into the fire then Blair. Lastly Parker is going to be vital throughout the entire series so he could be another X-factor. He shouldn't have played against L.A. and just kept resting. Duncan and Splitter will be fine for the most part imo.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #700
Iggy
Heat Fan Numero Uno!

Watching Celtics Vs. Knicks... this kid Jeff Green is something special.