What films did you watch today? V2 - Page 3932 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:10 AM   #39311
Santa
The Necromancer

Santa is stronger than the foundations of the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
The Abyss

With heavyweights like Titanic, Avatar and Terminator under his belt, it can be quite easy to forget about this little(?) Cameron gem. Yet I'd still rank this one above the former two. The sheer level of design and strenuous effort of both the cast and crew on this one never ceases to amaze me. You only have to watch the Making Of to see this truly was probably the 'toughest shoot in film history' as it's often labelled. Also one of Cameron's better and most complex scripts with alot of great characterization. Michael Biehn's and Ed Harris' performances are among my favorites. Ending is hit or miss, but I dig it. Yep, love this movie alot.

9/10
I agree. This movie is terribly underrated and way better than Avatar, story-wise spoken.
Would be nice to see it on Blu-ray, Director's Cut and all that other cool stuff, which was previously released on DVD. Too bad it didn't have an anamorphic transfer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Doll
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devonia
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #39312
Oxley
Bastard Son of 100 Maniacs

Oxley is slice'n and dice'n.

Send a message via MSN to Oxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
Oxley's small heart grew three sizes that day.

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa View Post
You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
Oxley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #39313
Santa
The Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
Oxley's small heart grew three sizes that day.

This SOB ain't got no motherfucking heart.

Quote:
I would jizz on you if I were a man. I would jizz on everything if I had a penis for one day. Oh man I bet that feels so good. You guys are so lucky.
Quote:
I like to skip dessert and get right down to relaxing after a meal with a hot bath and a facial.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:33 AM   #39314
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is not going to wash his hands because hes EVIL

The Hunt for Red October- Never much cared for this. lts okay, with a GREAT cast and everything, but l guess l prefer the more action-packed Jack Ryan flicks with Harrison Ford. You get a lot of behind the curtain diplomacy in this one, with lots of talking, and Alec Baldwin doing that stupid pouty thing with his lips. l really dig submarine movies too, but this surfaces nowhere near greater vessels such as Das Boot or U571. 6/10
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:15 AM   #39315
kevinb
Fresh Kill

kevinb has no status.

Benny and Joon

kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:35 AM   #39316
yoxodo
Send... More... Paramedics

yoxodo is not going to wash his hands because hes EVIL

Edmond- (2005) Directed by Stuart Gordon, from a screenplay by David Mamet, this is the shocking tale of Edmond Burke, played with frantic exhuberance by William H. Macy. Edmond is a middle-aged man who one day decides he is bored with his mundane life, so in a lonely, world-weary trance he embarks on a journey through the seedy underbelly of New York City, finding hate, epiphany, and the cold paved roads which lead to Hell. Cameos and bit-roles abound, including the likes of Julia Stiles, Mena Suvari, Jeffrey Combs, Denise Richards, George Wendt, Bokeem Woodbine, and Joe Mantegna in a particularly devilish role. This is Stuart Gordon's most stark, poignant film to date, and l think it is among his very best. 9/10
yoxodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #39317
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

HorrorMovieFan has no status.

"Jurassic Park"....One of my fave action/sci-fi/adventure films of alltime. Terrific ensemble cast performances, great special effects, solid screenplay, fantastic directing by Spielberg, and awesome suspense and thrills. Sam Neil and Laura Dern are great as "Dr.Grant" and "Ellie". Jeff Goldblum played his character "Ian" very well..but I found the character to be kinda lame and a bit annoying at times.The cinematography and art direction are both outstanding as well. So many great moments captured in here. The 1st dinosaur we see along with Dern and Neil, the sick triceratops and Dr.Grant listening to it breathe while Ellie is weeping, and all the T-Rex scenes are sensational. A 90's classic !!

10/10
Old 04-18-2013, 01:00 PM   #39318
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

"The Lost World: Jurassic Park"......Another solid adventure from Steven Spielberg. With another awesome cast....Julianne Moore, Jeff Goldblum,and Vince Vaughn. Nice to see cameo appearances by "John Hammond" and his grandkids "Lex" and "Tim" from the 1st part. The character of "Ian" was more watchable in this one and the character didnt get on my nerves like in the 1st part. Plus Jeff Goldblum looks more buff and smoldering in this one!! LOL!! Loved seeing a more variety of dinosaurs this time around. I have an issue with some of the dialogue though. There were a few too many moments where it was suppose to be humorous...but it actually fell flat, got too campy, and also tedious after awhile. Some of the action/chase scenes at the complex were lame too...especially with the gymnastics thing. Anyways... a solid music score, terrific cinematography and art direction, top notch directing, and great special effects also highlight the movie. A fun and wild sequel!

8/10
Old 04-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #39319
HorrorMovieFan
I Eat Brains!

"The Rite"....Pretty damn good thriller. Some spooky atmosphere, chilling music score, solid direction, and a strong screenplay. Anthony Hopkins as "Father Lucas" and the very suave and handsome Colin O'Donoghue as "Michael" are both top notch and delivered strong performances, especially Hopkins with his possession scenes. The exorcisms with the pregnant woman(Rosaria) were both chilling and devastating. Not to mention shocking moments with the coughing up of nails and seeing the demonic mule. A creepy and thrilling film!!

7/10
Old 04-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #39320
Santa
The Necromancer

Sideways
Two men reaching middle age with not much to show but disappointment, embark on a week long road trip through California's wine country.
This was a well-done movie with some thoughtfulness and humour as well. I liked the soft look and the editing, they set the whole thing in the right mood. Paul Giamatti is truly a good actor, though I think criminally underrated and mostly used for intellectual Woody Allen-like roles. Too bad, because the guy really got it.
Glad that I finally catched it - thanks to Rev for drafting it in the AGD game.

8/10

Quote:
Quote: