Official WWE/Wrestling Thread V2 - Page 218 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > The Locker Room

The Locker Room Like sports? Well I don't, but I made you a forum anyways. Yeah, I'm THAT nice.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #2171
dead breed
Super Moderator

dead breed is fire walk with me.

Predictions for Wrestlemania? I can't wait to order a pizza and watch it!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #2172
WodenHorde
The Living Dead

WodenHorde is weeping for the future.

Those tv spots for Taker-Punk make the feud feel more epic than it really is. If I had a 2nd match I'm looking forward to most I guess it would be that one. I don't see the match itself lasting very long though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post

Spoiler Below
CenaR wins.

Infini-Tropolis
WodenHorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #2173
Midnight-Kroovy
The Living Dead

Midnight-Kroovy is feeling groovy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead breed View Post
I'm gonna do the same !

As for predictions

Del Rio to beat Swagger - Too soon for swagger to win and I like Del Rio at the moment.

Ryback to beat Henry - Can only see this being used to put Ryback over on the big stage. A Shellshock on Henry would be cool.

Team Hell No to beat Ziggler and Big E - Really unsure about outcome. Maybe AJ causes another Wrestlemania loss and gets labelled as a curse.

Fandango to beat Jericho - Jericho jobs a lot and I think this will help try and establish fandango.

Tons of Funk to beat Rhodes Scholars - Think this will just be a quick feel good mania match.

The Shield to beat Sheamus/Show/Orton - I'm hoping Orton will join the Shield.

Brock Lesnar to beat Triple H - Gut feeling is to go against the obvious result.

Taker to beat Punk - I'd like Punk to win with a big angle but I don't see it.

Cena to beat Rock - Don't see another outcome.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #2174
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Heretic is up to shenanigans

Quote:
Lots of interesting possibities, which usually means the WWE will go down the most boring, and predictable route possible. Cena wins. Handshakes. Hugs. Tears. Fireworks. Me questioning my purchase of WM.
Goddamn you past self! Why are you always right?

Last edited by Heretic; 04-07-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Heretic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #2175
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

DudeClassicMan has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Those shoots, amongst other things, is what I was basing my argument on. I LOVE listening to Cornette comment on the state of Pro-Wrestling, BUT, he also sounds like an ego maniac, who rarely, if ever, blames himself. It's always "It was Russo's fault. It was Vince's fault. It was HHH's fault".

He's very good at selling himself(even if he's not actually trying to), but his contributions, and stances on the state of the business are questionable.

OVW stood out, because they were a WWE developemental territory. Heyman ran it for years as well. Without that "WWE" stamp of approval, and money, you probably wouldn't know what the hell OVW was. A big part of their success was being associated with the WWE, and not any booker's doing. FCW is where it's at now, simply because they are associated with the WWE. Take that away, and they're just another struggling promotion.
The one thing that always got me about Cornette the more and more I watched those aforementioned shoots is that while he talks a good game about wrestling being treated more serious all I could think was that this was all coming from the same guy whose tag teams constantly won because of the weakest fucking foreign object of all; a tennis racket shot to the back. Seriously, nothing looks sillier or more comical than going back now and watching guys get put down at the end of a hard fought match from a mere tennis racket shot to the back by Cornette (or his charges for that matter.)

I know Cornette started his career in Memphis and did a lot in Memphis but let’s be honest; Memphis is much cooler in theory and through the rose tinted glasses of nostalgia than it actually was. When you get right down to it, that crap was every bit as corny as it was formulaic. It was always the same exact fucking thing; Jesus Christ himself jobs to Jerry Lawler in the Mid-South Coliseum unless our lord and savior sneaks around and knocks out the King with a chain wrapped around his fist like the visiting bad guy always had to do to get his hand raised over that grubby teetotaler.

It doesn’t help that just to show how out of touch with reality and the 21st century that Cornette recently did one of those guest bookerman shoots re-booking The Invasion and his bright fucking idea for the big payoff match at WM XVIII was:

Spoiler Below
Hogan vs. Dusty I shit you not Rhodes instead of Rock/Hogan.

In a word; inde-goddamn-fensible.

As for Russo, guy’s an indefensible cocksucker period. Nobody did more to render wins and losses and titles meaningless than Russo. Also turns become flat out meaningless when half the roster turns every three months. If the matches are just meaningless devices to kill time between the latest SWERVE and the World Title doesn’t even mean shit, then tell me why the fuck I’m buying the pay-per-view again, stupid. But it seems like he's definitely a moron who values ratings over buyrates.
DudeClassicMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #2176
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Isn't Brock gonna be working a couple of the next PPV's after WM too? Up until last week, that little cross-eyed prick HBK was conspicuous in his absence. I imagine Brock eats a Sweet Chin Music/Pedigree combo along with plenty of other shenanigans to lose while still looking strong. Then he murders whoever at the next PPV. Maybe he murders Cripple Haitch at Extreme Rules.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #2177
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
As for Russo, guy’s an indefensible cocksucker period. Nobody did more to render wins and losses and titles meaningless than Russo. Also turns become flat out meaningless when half the roster turns every three months. If the matches are just meaningless devices to kill time between the latest SWERVE and the World Title doesn’t even mean shit, then tell me why the fuck I’m buying the pay-per-view again, stupid. But it seems like he's definitely a moron who values ratings over buyrates.
The thing about Russo's booking(in the WWE at least), was that change was needed at the time. I'd argue that the belts meant more in Russo's ADD booking era, than they do today, where champions stay champ for months, and even years on end. The sheer amount of top talent in that era, kind of forced that brand of rapid swerve booking, and it could be argued that his booking style helped create a lot of those stars.

Look at the tag team division. You had four or five top teams, that anyone could buy as champions. Same with the World Title. You had Austin, Rock, Angle, Micheals, HHH, Hart, Undertaker, Mankind....it was ri-goddamn-diculous.

However, Vince Russo needed the other Vince, to filter out all of his bullshit. I think Russo gets way too much credit for the Attitude Era. It could be argued that things not only stayed the same, but even got better once he left for WCW. As "the man" running the show in WCW, he fucking sucked. You would definately want him in a brainstorming session though.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #2178
Heretic
It... Won't... Die...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClassicMan View Post
Isn't Brock gonna be working a couple of the next PPV's after WM too? Up until last week, that little cross-eyed prick HBK was conspicuous in his absence. I imagine Brock eats a Sweet Chin Music/Pedigree combo along with plenty of other shenanigans to lose while still looking strong. Then he murders whoever at the next PPV. Maybe he murders Cripple Haitch at Extreme Rules.
Yeah, I believe he's booked up until next year's WM. He signed an extension a while back. That's the only reason I see him possibly going over HHH. I think the plan is for Rock/Brock at WM 30.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #2179
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:
The thing about Russo's booking(in the WWE at least), was that change was needed at the time. I'd argue that the belts meant more in Russo's ADD booking era, than they do today, where champions stay champ for months, and even years on end. The sheer amount of top talent in that era, kind of forced that brand of rapid swerve booking, and it could be argued that his booking style helped create a lot of those stars.

Look at the tag team division. You had four or five top teams, that anyone could buy as champions. Same with the World Title. You had Austin, Rock, Angle, Micheals, HHH, Hart, Undertaker, Mankind....it was ri-goddamn-diculous.

However, Vince Russo needed the other Vince, to filter out all of his bullshit. I think Russo gets way too much credit for the Attitude Era. It could be argued that things not only stayed the same, but even got better once he left for WCW. As "the man" running the show in WCW, he fucking sucked. You would definately want him in a brainstorming session though.
I should've been more clear; I meant WCW where we saw Russo with no shackles on his crackpot random bullshit style of booking. Also I don't buy for a second Austin or Rock's ascensions had a thing to do with Russo's input at the time. All those guys were open mic unlike today's largely scripted promo bullshit the shitcom writers saddle guys with. Hell, Austin shot to superstardom during a feud where he lost the only two high-profile matches of the feud to sHitman Hart. Russo's edgy direction and all those characters and performers certainly complimented one another but he'll go down as little more than a lucky hack cocksucker.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #2180
DudeClassicMan
Fresh Kill

Quote:
Yeah, I believe he's booked up until next year's WM. He signed an extension a while back. That's the only reason I see him possibly going over HHH. I think the plan is for Rock/Brock at WM 30.
Brock certainly should destroy HHH. HHH is a smart enough guy to not really give a fuck about winning at WM even though he's jobbed over and over again since that pathetic HHH/Orton payoff (which had to be the most one-sided show closer ever) to the point that I could see him putting himself over.

The doubt comes in that Brock can lose (especially with a bunch of shenanigans) and still easily get his heat back with a few thrashings of top guys. Or can he? I mean that may run off people buying mainly for Brock is he loses yet again in only his 3rd match back.