Kick Ass 2 (2013) - Page 3 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet

Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Entertainment

Entertainment General talk about movies, tv, etc.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #21
horrorking95
Rotting Corpse

horrorking95 is singing Believe! BY CHER!

Send a message via MSN to horrorking95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
I'm interested in two things, seeing Hit Girl reprise her role and kick the shit out of everyone and Jim Carrey looks like he's going to steal the show, the rest of the film looks meh to me.
I was worried that Jim Carrey would ruin it, but he actually looks really good in it. I thought Nicolas Cage was a bad choice in Kick-Ass but I really liked him in it, so I'll wait and see.

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/
horrorking95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #22
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Jim Carrey refuses to promote to the film and has tweeted:

“I did Kickass a month b4 Sandy Hook and now in all good conscience I cannot support that level of violence. My apologies to e“, followed by “I meant to say my apologies to others involve with the film. I am not ashamed of it but recent events have caused a change in my heart.”

Producer Mark Millar responded to the tweet:

“First off, I love Jim Carrey. When producer Matthew Vaughn and director Jeff Wadlow called me up and suggested we do a conference call with him to talk about the sequel to the 2010 original I was genuinely excited. Like you, I love Eternal Sunshine, Man on the Moon and The Truman Show. Carrey is an actor like no other, an unpredictable force of nature who brings a layered warmth and humanity to his work as well as that unstoppable energy he’s always been renowned for. He had lunch with Matthew around the time of the first movie and dug it so much he appeared that night on Conan O’Brien DRESSED as Kick-Ass, singing a duet with Conan dressed as Superman. Vaughn and I made a mental note to work with this guy as soon as possible as we’re both huge admirers.

Cut to almost three years later and I’m sitting in a screening room in London watching what I think is one of Carrey’s best-ever performances. I’d seen Kick-Ass 2 in many forms, but this was the absolute final cut complete with opening titles, music and a terrific post-credit sequence you’re all going to love. I couldn’t be happier with this picture. It’s as good as the original and in many ways BIGGER as it expands upon the universe and really takes things to the next level. There are a lot of stand-outs in the sequel, every actor really firing on full cylinders and an amazing script that moves like a rocket. But Carrey in particular is magnificent. He’s never done anything like this before and even from the trailer, with his masked dog sidekick specially trained to munch criminal balls, you can see that something really fun and special is happening here. Colonel Stars and Stripes is so charismatic and all his scenes are up there with Nic Cage’s amazing turn as Big Daddy in the original… which made it all the more surprising when Jim announced tonight that the gun-violence in Kick-Ass 2 has made him withdraw his support from the picture.

As you may know, Jim is a passionate advocate of gun-control and I respect both his politics and his opinion, but I’m baffled by this sudden announcement as nothing seen in this picture wasn’t in the screenplay eighteen months ago. Yes, the body-count is very high, but a movie called Kick-Ass 2 really has to do what it says on the tin. A sequel to the picture that gave us HIT-GIRL was always going to have some blood on the floor and this should have been no shock to a guy who enjoyed the first movie so much. My books are very hardcore, but the movies are adapted for a more mainstream audience and if you loved the tone of the first picture you’re going to eat this up with a big, giant spoon. Like Jim, I’m horrified by real-life violence (even though I’m Scottish), but Kick-Ass 2 isn’t a documentary. No actors were harmed in the making of this production! This is fiction and like Tarantino and Peckinpah, Scorcese and Eastwood, John Boorman, Oliver Stone and Chan-Wook Park, Kick-Ass avoids the usual bloodless body-count of most big summer pictures and focuses instead of the CONSEQUENCES of violence, whether it’s the ramifications for friends and family or, as we saw in the first movie, Kick-Ass spending six months in hospital after his first street altercation. Ironically, Jim’s character in Kick-Ass 2 is a Born-Again Christian and the big deal we made of the fact that he refuses to fire a gun is something he told us attracted him to the role in the first place.

Ultimately, this is his decision, but I’ve never quite bought the notion that violence in fiction leads to violence in real-life any more than Harry Potter casting a spell creates more Boy Wizards in real-life. Our job as storytellers is to entertain and our toolbox can’t be sabotaged by curtailing the use of guns in an action-movie. Imagine a John Wayne picture where he wasn’t packing or a Rocky movie where Stallone wasn’t punching someone repeatedly in the face. Our audience is smart enough to know they’re all pretending and we should instead just sit back and enjoy the serotonin release of seeing bad guys meeting bad ends as much as we enjoyed seeing the Death Star exploding. The action in Kick-Ass 2 is like nothing you’ve ever seen before. The humour, the characters, the heart and the set-pieces are all things we’re very proud of and the only warning I’d really include is that it’s almost TOO EXCITING. Kick-Ass 2 is fictional fun so let’s focus our ire instead of the real-life violence going on in the world like the war in Afghanistan, the alarming tension in Syria right now and the fact that Superman just snapped a guy’s fucking neck.

Jim, I love ya and I hope you reconsider for all the above points. You’re amazing in this insanely fun picture and I’m very proud of what Jeff, Matthew and all the team have done here."

1. Dragon Sound-Friends
2. Alice Cooper-He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)
3. Michael Sembello-Rock Until You Drop
4. Motörhead-Hellraiser
5. The Crypt Keeper-Crypt Jam
6. Gerard McMahon-Cry Little Sister
7. J. Geils Band-Fright Night
8. John McDermott-The Ballad of Harry Warden
9. AC/DC-Who Made Who
10. The Remnants-Bad Taste
11. The Dickies-Killer Klowns From Outer Space
12. Frankie Vinci-Angela's Theme
13. Smokey Miles feat. Adrian Perry - The Hunter
14. Kayne West-Gay Fish
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:52 PM   #23
Mr. Bill
BD's Official Thunder Buddy!

Mr. Bill is going to show that bitch a scary movie... bitches love scary movies

I don't respect his opinions on gun control in the least, he's Canadian and his opinions on our laws are none of that liberal pricks business. I love Carrey on-screen but off it the guy is an activist asshat

My facebook page...
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horro..._type=bookmark

My film collection...
http://billsmovies.filmaf.com/owned 4919 films and counting
Mr. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:57 PM   #24
The Geek
Schlock King

The Geek is dancing with himself!

Send a message via Skype™ to The Geek

Quote:
I don't respect his opinions on gun control in the least, he's Canadian and his opinions on our laws are none of that liberal pricks business. I love Carrey on-screen but off it the guy is an activist asshat
I completely agree.

1. Dragon Sound-Friends
2. Alice Cooper-He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask)
3. Michael Sembello-Rock Until You Drop
4. Motörhead-Hellraiser
5. The Crypt Keeper-Crypt Jam
6. Gerard McMahon-Cry Little Sister
7. J. Geils Band-Fright Night
8. John McDermott-The Ballad of Harry Warden
9. AC/DC-Who Made Who
10. The Remnants-Bad Taste
11. The Dickies-Killer Klowns From Outer Space
12. Frankie Vinci-Angela's Theme
13. Smokey Miles feat. Adrian Perry - The Hunter
14. Kayne West-Gay Fish
The Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #25
Se7en
It... Won't... Die...

Se7en is a caffeine fiend takin' shots of soda

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
I completely agree.
What does being Canadian have to do with one's opinion on laws?

I don't agree with him either but I respect his decision to stand up for what he believes in, despite how misguided or wrong I think his views are.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:23 AM   #26
Mr. Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en Sins View Post
What does being Canadian have to do with one's opinion on laws?

I don't agree with him either but I respect his decision to stand up for what he believes in, despite how misguided or wrong I think his views are.
It has nothing to do with it if he's trying to get Canadian laws changed. I'm not necessarily commenting on his decision to not promote his film based on his beliefs, I'm more commenting on all his activism he does here in America. He can feel any way he wants about guns, gun violence or whatever and if he wants to bite the hand that feeds him in this case that's his choice, his opinion is his own but I do not however give a thumbs up to his ongoing activism against such things as Gun Ownership and Immunization in the U.S.. Those are US problems and US laws for US citizens and that bitch can go whine about them in his own country wither I agree with his stance or not. That however is just this cats opinion and I know some smart ass is just gonna chime in about how he's probably a duel citizen or some shit, I don't care, it's not going to change my views on the matter.

As for the movie, I'm gonna see it for sure, he looks hilarious in it and no matter what hippie liberal mouth diarrhea lets all live hand-in-hand with rainbows shooting out of our butts garbage he's got rolling around in his skull these days he's still a funny dude and I'll pay to see him shooting bad guys on film.

My facebook page...

My film collection...

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 06-24-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #27
Mr. Bill

That all sounded rather militant ^ now that I give it some thought I apologize, it's late and I need to go to bed... but I'm still sleeping with my .44 on my nightstand

My facebook page...

My film collection...
Old 06-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #28
Rusted
Paranoid Android

Rusted has no status.

Send a message via MSN to Rusted

You have to ask, why did he sign on to do this pic in the first place ?

Surely he has seen the original and would know that this too would be a violent movie with lots of gun play.
Rusted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #29
Klown
Super Moderator

Klown has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusted View Post
You have to ask, why did he sign on to do this pic in the first place ?

Surely he has seen the original and would know that this too would be a violent movie with lots of gun play.
As he mentioned, the events at Sandy Hook took place after he made the film. It is possible that his views have changed since that event.

I give him a ton of respect for standing up for what he believes in. He obviously not known as an action guy, and I can't recall him using a gun in any of his other films (could be wrong, though). I'm sure lots of people will rip him for it, but I can't fault a guy for sticking with his beliefs. The headlines for the story are pretty outlandish too, using the word "condemns" even though Carrey said on twitter he "can't support" it.

Blu-ray / DVD Collection | Horror Etc. Podcast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
Thank God for Jeff Goldblum
Klown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #30
aaronmb
Rotting Corpse

aaronmb has no status.

I'm just glad they didnt edit/change the movie, like what Chuck Norris did with the Expendables 2 script.
aaronmb is offline   Reply With Quote