Ultimate Guitar/Bass thread! - Page 110 - BLOODY-DISGUSTING
MOVIES MUSIC VIDEO GAMES COMICS MOVIE PIT VIDEO COMMUNITY
ZergNet


Go Back   BLOODY-DISGUSTING > General Talk > Music Discussion

Music Discussion Wow that new Britney Track Rules! Talk about that (and other music stuff) here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #1091
Frey
BANNED
 
Frey's Avatar
Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via Yahoo to Frey
Default

I absolutely suck at guitar. I have tried to learn for 20 years or so but bass is a lot easier for me with only 4 strings that are much bigger than guitar strings. I have talked my gf into letting me save up for a bass. I am interested in playing Tool type music or more mellow progressive metal to start with. What is a good bass that would fit my needs? I am in the process of looking but any suggestions would be great.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #1092
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
I absolutely suck at guitar. I have tried to learn for 20 years or so but bass is a lot easier for me with only 4 strings that are much bigger than guitar strings. I have talked my gf into letting me save up for a bass. I am interested in playing Tool type music or more mellow progressive metal to start with. What is a good bass that would fit my needs? I am in the process of looking but any suggestions would be great.
Jackson C20

Ibanez SR400 or any Soundgear line.

If you want cheap yet still a quality bass go for the LTD B-50
__________________
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #1093
Frey
BANNED
 
Frey's Avatar
Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via Yahoo to Frey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Jackson C20

Ibanez SR400 or any Soundgear line.

If you want cheap yet still a quality bass go for the LTD B-50
Thanks

I came across one I want to check out, the Schecter Stilletto Custom 4. It has great reviews and is $550 but I am keeping my options open.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #1094
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
Thanks

I came across one I want to check out, the Schecter Stilletto Custom 4. It has great reviews and is $550 but I am keeping my options open.
Schecters are nice but they have wiring issues from time to time so if you're buying from a big dealer such as Guitar Center/Musicians Friend make sure you give it a test run.

If you're buying online it's always more expensive but getting that extra warranty is always worth it.
__________________
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #1095
Frey
BANNED
 
Frey's Avatar
Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via Yahoo to Frey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Schecters are nice but they have wiring issues from time to time so if you're buying from a big dealer such as Guitar Center/Musicians Friend make sure you give it a test run.

If you're buying online it's always more expensive but getting that extra warranty is always worth it.
yeah I am starting to turn away from the Schecter and think I will go to the local music store and try a few out to see what I feel the most comfortable with.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #1096
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
yeah I am starting to turn away from the Schecter and think I will go to the local music store and try a few out to see what I feel the most comfortable with.
Smartest thing you can do.
__________________
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:15 AM   #1097
Frey
BANNED
 
Frey's Avatar
Frey is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,830
Send a message via Yahoo to Frey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
Smartest thing you can do.
I will say however that Ibanez does look really nice.
Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #1098
Freddy_Lives
Zinc Saucier
 
Freddy_Lives's Avatar
Freddy_Lives is Eating at Bob's Burgers
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Hangar 18
Posts: 8,241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey View Post
I will say however that Ibanez does look really nice.
You should be able to pick up one at MF/GS or go to pawn shops or local music stores.
__________________
Freddy_Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2001-Present BLOODY-DISGUSTING LLC